Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Puteralanun

Iowa binocular view depression

5 comments in this topic

218 posts
3,788 battles

Had a battle yesterday and in the middle of it, a cyclon struck. The view range drop. As I rounded the island, suddenly I came face to face with a broadsided Amagi. I went to Binocular view to snipe at the citadel. But i can't depress the Binocular view to the waterline. Instead, I can only aim at the upper deck level. At first I thought the Iowa gun has bad depression angle. But when I went out of binocular view, I can depressed the gun down to waterline just fine.

1,479 posts

I think its because "binoculars mode" is not actually standing on the bridge with binoculars, what you are really doing is viewing though the range finder on the ship, ( range finders are the turret shaped or T shaped  structure on top of the bridge, theres usually another at the aft of thd ship, & also theres range finders in the turrets themselves, either on each side of the turrets or little dome like humps on the top) section, now as for which range finder you are looking through, I don't know, but that would be why you can't look lower than the turret depression.

Ordrazz

Edited by Ordrazz

Super Tester
7,512 posts
7,978 battles
13 hours ago, WongSongMing said:

No need to completely exit the scope, just zoom out a bit and you can depress the guns.

I guess I'm just too used to pressing shift to zoom in and zoom out. I still keep having the issue where the tracker keeps getting detached and reattached if I look through close targets via scope. It's often so annoying...

Sign in to follow this