You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
BIGCOREMKP0I

What is the use of Demolition Expert? (for CVs)

22 comments in this topic

[BOTES]
437 posts
3,949 battles

It increases your Fire chance each bomb

Tho I'm can't comment how it would improve CV gameplay as I don't play CV

Edited by 9mm1n

[MEGA]
4,561 posts
17,548 battles
6 minutes ago, BIGCOREMKP0I said:

Well, why Saratoga (Lexington) deals much more fire when she has Demolition Expert? same as the Saipain too?

can you pull the stats to support your claim?

1,810 posts
8,018 battles
1 minute ago, drakon233 said:

m8, why are you asking that, i said what's the use of the skill now we're dealing with this? :Smile_amazed:

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles
8 minutes ago, drakon233 said:

He wont

Stop with your empirism claim

No one want to hear that shit from you

[MEGA]
4,561 posts
17,548 battles
2 minutes ago, Harpoon01 said:

He wont

Stop with your empirism claim

No one want to hear that shit from you

and somehow i've offended another snowflake, REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

my "claim" was that if you already have 120% fire chance you are going to be setting fires every other bomb hit anyways, adding another 3% wont do jack to improve it becasue when the base fire chance is already that high and you still dont set a fire then a little boost form DE wont do shit anyways

ah yes, and no on wants to hear shit from you either harpoon

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles
18 minutes ago, drakon233 said:

and somehow i've offended another snowflake, REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

my "claim" was that if you already have 120% fire chance you are going to be setting fires every other bomb hit anyways, adding another 3% wont do jack to improve it becasue when the base fire chance is already that high and you still dont set a fire then a little boost form DE wont do shit anyways

ah yes, and no on wants to hear shit from you either harpoon

Not you

The OP

980 posts
12,617 battles

To OP,  no doubt it will increase the fire chance for bombs, and you will benefit from that. 

But there are many skills you can pay for with 3 commander points that will give you even more benefit. 

You can have another 3 point skill, or have a 2 point and a 1 point skill, or three 1 point skills. 

Just food for thought. 

[LNA]
1,657 posts
10,412 battles

Nay taking BFT, AFT or CE with leftover points are more important.

Emergency takeoff, Dogfight or evasive maneuver are up to your flavor but still better than DE.

Unless like the shark guy you want to go secondary build for the lolz

Super Tester
1,056 posts
8,980 battles

CV bombs have over 100% chance of fires. DE is almost useless (you can get better effects by stacking the DoT flags instead).

Take something more meaningful for the 3rd skill. TAE or BFT and good picks.

[LNA]
1,657 posts
10,412 battles
3 minutes ago, drakon233 said:

im saltty at CV players in general today, might have been a bit too defensive......

You can get mad from both tomato n unicum cv you know, chills out and eat some shaved ice :Smile_popcorn:

112 posts
1,553 battles

Good question OP! Unfortunately the effect of DE is negligible at best (depends where the bombs hit, generally superstructure ones get a fire)  due to their high fire chance already.

CV play can be both frustrating and rewarding, so good luck and always take some time to cool down after playing : )

Video Contributor
2,259 posts
10,782 battles
Aerial Bomb Statistics
Nation Bomb Type Damage Fire Chance Deployed Aboard
Wows_flag_Japan.png Type 99 N25 mod. 1  4,600 123% ZuihoRyujoHiryu,
ShokakuTaihoHakuryu
Wows_flag_USA.png 250 lb. AN-M57  5,400 120% Langley
Wows_flag_USA.png 500 lb. AN-M64  7,500 141% BogueIndependenceRanger,
Lexington
 (stock dive bombers)
Wows_flag_USA.png 1,000 lb. AN-M65  10,800 162% SaipanEssexMidway,
Lexington
 (upgraded dive bombers)

Absolutely both CV don't need DE skill

completely useless

Edited by Onlinegamer

[LBAS]
4,460 posts
25,598 battles
1 hour ago, drakon233 said:

im saltty at CV players in general today, might have been a bit too defensive......

well, he hasnt played random for long long time :Smile_child:

Edited by MatterCore

346 posts

No, Don't get the commander skill, it's very rare that you get bomb drops that cause no fire (maybe once or twice every 20 games) plus with AP bombs incoming for USN, if your playing saratoga Lexington, you won't be needing fires if you play with AP bombs.

Just some advice:

1) I find evasive manoeuvre more of a liability - I find that the plane tends to just hover over your aircraft carrier when landing - I have this skill and I noticed my TBs started to land on my Lexington, I used my only FT in 111 load out to shoot down 2 IJN squads, In the time it took to shoot 2 IJN FT down (obviously with barraging) my TBs STILL hadn't landed, It's also pretty useless against AA, If you find yourself stuck in a Def AA, Your planes are gone, evasive manoeuvre won't save them (at tier 8 - it was not a skill when I was playing tier 6 & 7) Also I recommend not playing 202 - There's just no point, there is nothing your FT can do more efficiently than ship based AA, If your like me and don't want chat salt, 013 also isn't the way to go(I guess it's pick your poison), Also I don't recommend an AA build Lexington (not even One skill or mod unless you play 013), there's no point in that either, I had one Fighter plane (one plane not one squad of planes), I had this plane dogfight 2 full IJN FT squads of 10, and the lone Fighter won because I selected the FT and used Def AA (Still amuses me why people think CV sniping is a legitimate strategy from T8 upwards).

2) Manual drop works 2 ways, droping as close as possible isn't always the best Idea, better 4 torpedoes dropped further than 1 Torpedo ad a non dodge-able distance 

3) Lexington is actually pretty decent if it wasn't for +2 MM, Enjoy Ranger while you have her, I somehow miss Ranger even though Saipan made playing a pain probably because AA was less of a concern.