You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
LonerPrime

Reading? Pfft. That is for the noobs.

46 comments in this topic

294 posts
2,997 battles

Apparently that would best describe what must be going through the minds of my respected team mates during my last match because...

SHtGtV0.jpg

Some details are in order I suppose. Operation Killer Whale. Five random gentlemen were put together with me: 1 CV,1 DD and the rest cruisers. I had some experience with the map beforehand thanks to playing it quite a bit on PTS so, just like any other game, I tried to pass on tips for best results. It was going great. They were doing their parts of burning stuff down and I was doing my part; soaking damage on my Fuso and keeping the aggro of the bots. Everything was perfect as we even passed the hurdle of denying entrance into the haven and then WHAM. It's like someone threw a flash bang between them and their computer screens. Even though the interface kept telling them to withdraw as the fourth wave was dead and even though the timer kept telling them it was close to 4 minutes left... nope. Only 2 went straight for the evac point while the rest of the folks refused to disengage or read the chat anymore. They kept turning around trying to get kills and soon enough what were 6 people alive were down to 5 then 3 and then 1 within a minute. All because bots kept spawning on their heads.

I mean I don't even have words anymore to describe what I'm feeling about the level of intellect on these people. It's like I should be angry but I'm more numb than anything else. If my experience is anything, Operation Killer Whale is the second hardest of the missions with the defense of Naval Station being the first while raptor rescue taking the third place. In a random, most teams loose a star failing to deny bots from gaining access and yet, here was a random team that was doing everything just fine and still... caved like a house of cards at the very last minute.

*Sigh*... please folks. If you don't know the missions, bring a tier 5 or bring a division of DDz; I really don't have any qualms with you. But for the love of anything that is holy to you, if you can't be bothered to read the chats, at-least keep your eyes on the interface instructions please. I know they aren't all on point but they do give you some idea of what is expected of you in case you're too focused on fighting enemies. Otherwise, what could've been a fantastic win, would very easily become a disappointing loss.

Edited by LonerPrime

8 posts
4,178 battles

in my last few battles had people rushign straight to the exit even though we hadn't yet killed the fourth wave!  i kept saying, we need to kill the 4th wave to get 5 stars and no he enters the frigging exirt - he did the same thing when he was in his cleveland the battle previously - morons!!!

980 posts
12,617 battles
31 minutes ago, icy_phoenix said:

Can't believe I'm reading a thread cause someone lost in a freaking PvE match.........

:FACEPALMINTENSIFIES:

you have no idea. 

In the first scenario, I had an entire team that hid in the repair ships area in the haven map. I was the CV and I was the only ship between the enemy and our base. 

Just what the hell. 

[151ST]
1,013 posts
4,513 battles

Yeah the potatoes are real. Know the feels bro.

I actually noticed something bonkers with Aegis... When it was first unlocked everyone smashed it, by the time it was Monday/Tuesday the pumpkins had heard... I actually lost Aegis multiple times the start of this week, I couldn't believe it!

Doesn't help that often 2-3 team mates would die first wave

:Smile_sceptic:

[LNA]
1,659 posts
10,430 battles
3 hours ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

I'm just amazed that people DONT expect this.   I would rather see a thread where someone is astounded at the teamwork and skill it took to win

You dont even need amazing teamwork for PvE lol, you just need to grasp the important facts and adapt to it , who to kill , where to go and what to do with your ship in a match.

The killer whales op is a breeze if your cv snipe the 3 cv.

Hosho in base can be sniped on 1st sortie as it doesnt move and wont repair flood or burn, doing this will also lure enemy ship out of the base for ur teams to shoot.

On 3rd and 5th or 7th sortie you can just w8 where 2cv spawn and kill them b4 they even launch their FTs.

The hardpart is teammates don t know what retreat mean and they have a hard time winning against bot dd lol

[LNA]
1,659 posts
10,430 battles
1 minute ago, Storm_Raiser said:

If you do play CV make sure your team kills the forts before you send your squads in... they eat planes at an alarming rate

You can go into the base by hugging the left map border.

Sneaking in and kill the Hosho in base on first strike is important as it prevent bots from swarming your allies and aggro them out of base to reduce your team movement to a minimum

294 posts
2,997 battles
12 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

Can't believe I'm reading a thread cause someone lost in a freaking PvE match.........

:FACEPALMINTENSIFIES:

It's obvious that you have friends that haven't let you down. For folks like us who have limited in-game friends[thanks legionary2099] are mostly dependent on MM luck no matter if it's PVP or PVE. Plus the point of the post was not ranting. It was to highlight the need to read instructions. And lastly, I don't know about you, but I do care if I lost 15 minutes of my time in a match working hard just to lose it all in the end. It feels equivalent to how I would feel with a loss in PVP. So I don't really see how your facepalming is relevant.

Super Tester
7,539 posts
7,978 battles
3 minutes ago, LonerPrime said:

It's obvious that you have friends that haven't let you down. For folks like us who have limited in-game friends[thanks legionary2099] are mostly dependent on MM luck no matter if it's PVP or PVE. Plus the point of the post was not ranting. It was to highlight the need to read instructions. And lastly, I don't know about you, but I do care if I lost 15 minutes of my time in a match working hard just to lose it all in the end. It feels equivalent to how I would feel with a loss in PVP. So I don't really see how your facepalming is relevant.

If you care that much about time, why not play tx instead of low tiers where the rewards are much better by a large margin? You play games to pass time. So when you call it a waste, it makes no sense. And cut the crap about having friends. They don't play my games. I was just wondering since when people are this serious about a PvE match when their PvP performance isn't really stellar.

[LNA]
1,659 posts
10,430 battles
18 minutes ago, icy_phoenix said:

If you care that much about time, why not play tx instead of low tiers where the rewards are much better by a large margin? You play games to pass time. So when you call it a waste, it makes no sense. And cut the crap about having friends. They don't play my games. I was just wondering since when people are this serious about a PvE match when their PvP performance isn't really stellar.

The best thing i get here is both of you are not quite on the same length it seems. From what i see icy is negative about almost all toptics. Ppl who say i dont care bout friends really need to rethink that statement

[AUSNZ]
[AUSNZ]
Super Tester
1,039 posts
7,702 battles
1 hour ago, icy_phoenix said:

Very negative icy. 

To be fair, i tried one random squad and our Fuso rammed the enemy Kaiser and 2 other ships died to the first line of forts. Sometimes people are trolled in MMin those games. The second time the team didnt lose a ship and completed all achievements.

People are allowed to vent and players playing PvE and expected to be carried is poor to be fair.

294 posts
2,997 battles

icy... with all due respect I can afford to muster, you're by far the most cynical person I have ever had the displeasure of coming across in any forums across the internet and trust me when I say this, I'm part of quite a few bit of communities.

Before you fired off that retort, did you even stop to think for a second that maybe JUST MAYBE I was playing the PVE operation for 5 stars so that I could earn that 10 point captain for my Bismarck I earned in the recent event? Or maybe the fact that since I joined the game in Feb this year and I play 4 classes of ships on a standard account all the while holding a day job which makes it impossible for me to own a tier 10 at the moment? And finally about your jab regarding PVP performance, well go right ahead and mock me to your heart's content. I assure you I won't hold it against you. I'm not a unicum, nor my dated technological means permit me to improve more than I presently can, but I give my best in every game nonetheless. And in the end, that is all that matters to me most even if it's sub-quality in the eyes of some.

Btw this here is a small log of my stats from WOT years ago. I dug it out specially for your own critical consideration.

kE5lWT2.png

As you might see it for yourself, I played high tiers mostly once I got them, just if you still believe that I'm a seal clubber/coward. Playing high tiers was the norm for Beta testers and I never shied away from it. If after all this you still feel the same regarding my gaming capabilities, well... I have nothing else to say to you. Good day to you sir.

Edited by LonerPrime

[AUSNZ]
420 posts
16,015 battles

Well said @LonerPrime you have pretty much hit the nail on the head with your assessment of Icy's character, always negative if it doesn't match up to whatever his supposedly unicum status/ideals warrant. Although if he does start bringing up your stats just start talking about his Solo ability or lack there off as it seems he is only good when he plays in Divisions.

As for being annoyed by players wrecking your chance of 5 stars in PvE fair enough, we all want to get the best out of this game with the time we have available. That's a good reason I am in a Clan as it means i always have some good players to do randoms/PvE with.

[AUSNZ]
420 posts
16,015 battles
4 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

I was just wondering since when people are this serious about a PvE match when their PvP performance isn't really stellar.

Seriously mate get over yourself all i see from you on this forum is negativity and venom spewed at other players whenever they dare express an opinion or start a thread when they havn't been given an arbitrary purple colour from one of the stat sites. Being purple doesn't mean much if all you are is a :etc_swear:

As for Loners stats after 1000 games he is over 50% WR with a mix of ships he's done well in and some he hasn't as part of his learning curve, no worse than many of us started out at me included at that point in time. I really do hope you stop bringing up players stats like this as it serves very little purpose in helping a player improve him/herself and just comes across as a smug :etc_swear: who no one likes as your being a :etc_swear:

Super Tester
7,539 posts
7,978 battles
14 hours ago, legionary2099 said:

The best thing i get here is both of you are not quite on the same length it seems. From what i see icy is negative about almost all toptics. Ppl who say i dont care bout friends really need to rethink that statement

I may be negative sometimes, only when I don't feel like there is any point in it. I've got a good amount of forum reputations. Being always negative wouldn't earn me those. Also I'm not here to entertain anyone. If I didn't like what you said, I'll surely speak it out loud. You may or may not like it, may be you are too blind to actually read. That's why all my posts are negative to you. Anyway you don't have to like me. I don't like you either.

Super Tester
7,539 posts
7,978 battles

Also I didn't bring up anyone's stats. That's how you interpreted it not me. Anyone who knows me also knows that I don't dig up people's stats.

And as usual, Mr. Bob didn't miss the chance to talk about my character like he knew me. People like these just know how to write, with a very poor reading skill.

Anyway, to op, yes you are allowed to rant, like I'm also allowed to counter rant. Deal with it.

Edited by icy_phoenix

[AUSNZ]
[AUSNZ]
Super Tester
1,039 posts
7,702 battles

I may be negative sometimes, only when I don't feel like there is any point in it. I've got a good amount of forum reputations. Being always negative wouldn't earn me those. Also I'm not here to entertain anyone. If I didn't like what you said, I'll surely speak it out loud. You may or may not like it, may be you are too blind to actually read. That's why all my posts are negative to you. Anyway you don't have to like me. I don't like you either.

Forum reputation means squat as thats like karma. Just because you have a lot of rep doesnt mean you are positive, people can like a troll post. People have a right to post questions or feelings about a game they are invested in, and rep or any other factor shouldnt give anyone a right to walk over them either negative or from a high horse.

Its better to be silent on posts if there is nothing constructive to say, not just post because you dont think there is any point in it.......

415 posts
10,918 battles
6 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

Also I didn't bring up anyone's stats. That's how you interpreted it not me. Anyone who knows me also knows that I don't dig up people's stats.

But

21 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

I was just wondering since when people are this serious about a PvE match when their PvP performance isn't really stellar.

:cap_hmm: