You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
silenthunter19944

War Gaming for god sake. Remove the constant +2MM

53 comments in this topic

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

For god sake War Gaming stop constantly placing ships in the god damn +2 MM. I am trying to enjoy games of Cleveland and Atago but I can't because every time I play a game the shitty MM constantly place me TIER 8 AND 10 GAMES. What the hell am I meant to do when I am the only tier 6/8 cruiser in the entire game. I get deleted by these "skillful"  one click Yamato players. SORT IT OUT! WHY IS IT SO HARD TO FIX THE GOD DAMNED MM ?

Edited by silenthunter19944

294 posts
2,997 battles

As someone who plays +2mm regularly in my Schors, here is my piece of advice: Git Gud.

No seriously. I played WOT for 6 years straight with the same MM and adjusted just fine and mind you my favorite line were the Germans who pretty much got the step child treatment on almost all classes. Why do you think WG needs to change the MM just because you seem to be a special snowflake who can't seem to understand the roll of a cruiser?

Edited by LonerPrime

Super Tester
2,725 posts
1 hour ago, silenthunter19944 said:

WHY IS IT SO HARD TO FIX THE GOD DAMNED MM ?

Well, WG can fix bugs but WG can't fix your brain cell. Try fixing yourself first.

1,126 posts

Q : how to survive in Fuso when there's 2 Bismarck gang up on her?

A : let go of mouse/keyboard and let them kill... :Smile_teethhappy:

with fuso speed/conceal, she can't run or hide. even there my team amagi in front of me, they still shoot at me ...

I land a few decent hit but German steel won't budge at all...

Edited by PGM991

294 posts
2,997 battles
42 minutes ago, PGM991 said:

Depends on the distance. If the German ships are within 8 to 12 km reach, you can put a lot of hurt into them by aiming for the superstructure. If you're unsure about your aim, load HE and pepper them with fires. Just don't sail towards them. Turn around and start sailing away because the more you get near the more your guns are gonna get useless. Problem won't be the legendary German citadel but your guns that won't have the depression in a short range brawl.

Super Tester
7,548 posts
7,993 battles

Uptiering isn't a match-making problem. It's mostly related to availability of players on certain tiers.

But yes, WG FIX YOUR FREAKING MM, WHY DDS AREN'T BALANCED. PLAY THE DAMN GAME TO UNDERSTAND HOW IMPORTANT IT IS TO BALANCE DDS.

/rant over

Advice to OP:

If you are uptiered 2 times in a row, just change the tier. From my experience, if you are hard grinding a specific ships, you will start performing worse. That's why I always mix up ships. My ships are not going anywhere, so there is no need to play 10 battles in the same ship every day. It's also an easy way to maintain unicum stats.

Here is an example: I was playing Leander, like 1 game every day for first 10 matches, my average damage was 75k which is extremely good. (including stock grinds)

Then I thought I need the Fiji, so I went on 12 more battles consecutively in the same day. Now average damage dropped to 60k, which is just above average. (not to mention the uptiering thing happening every time). 

In short, how to maintain unicum stats? if you get a very good game on a ship, don't touch the ship for the day ;) You tend to do well in the first few battles cause of fresh mind.

Edited by icy_phoenix

980 posts
12,617 battles

You know you are rewarded in XP for hitting ships that are of a higher tier than your own ship?

Change your play style a bit and use that to your advantage in your grind. You don't lead a charge at the enemy if you are bottom tier that's definitely not your job. 

[151ST]
1,013 posts
4,521 battles
6 hours ago, LonerPrime said:

As someone who plays +2mm regularly in my Schors, here is my piece of advice: Git Gud.

No seriously. I played WOT for 6 years straight with the same MM and adjusted just fine and mind you my favorite line were the Germans who pretty much got the step child treatment on almost all classes. Why do you think WG needs to change the MM just because you seem to be a special snowflake who can't seem to understand the roll of a cruiser?

That really used to annoy me... Didn't realise till I got the E50M and joined a clan for CW... It's too much of a generalist.

Anytime a German tank became popular and was actually good, nerf bat would beat it into submission.

Never saw the same treatment for the yanks, Soviets n French...

As to the OP, yeah I've always believed that it should be +/- 1. Sadly I'm not sure the server population could sustain it with 12v12...

At least it isn't +3 like was it OB or release? I forget.

415 posts
10,918 battles
4 hours ago, PGM991 said:

Sounds about as much fun as playing Warspite and having 2 North Carolina gang up on you. ... hell, even most of the T8 CA's outrange her.

Super Tester
2,725 posts
1 hour ago, silenthunter19944 said:

I am sorry was that an insult ?

38 minutes ago, drakon233 said:

looks like it

Nope. Go lift & help yourself out of the problem. Don't avoid & running away from the issue.

If WG don't give what you want, what you gonna do? Run away or fight your way out of the problem?

Mind you, I did experienced your issue. I don't bother thinking about being top exp of the team, I just support & hopefully the team carry the game and win.

Edited by Mingfang47

[LYNMF]
990 posts
11,614 battles

11 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

Uptiering isn't a match-making problem. It's mostly related to availability of players on certain tiers.

But yes, WG FIX YOUR FREAKING MM, WHY DDS AREN'T BALANCED. PLAY THE DAMN GAME TO UNDERSTAND HOW IMPORTANT IT IS TO BALANCE DDS.

/rant over

Advice to OP:

If you are uptiered 2 times in a row, just change the tier. From my experience, if you are hard grinding a specific ships, you will start performing worse. That's why I always mix up ships. My ships are not going anywhere, so there is no need to play 10 battles in the same ship every day. It's also an easy way to maintain unicum stats.

Here is an example: I was playing Leander, like 1 game every day for first 10 matches, my average damage was 75k which is extremely good. (including stock grinds)

Then I thought I need the Fiji, so I went on 12 more battles consecutively in the same day. Now average damage dropped to 60k, which is just above average. (not to mention the uptiering thing happening every time). 

In short, how to maintain unicum stats? if you get a very good game on a ship, don't touch the ship for the day ;) You tend to do well in the first few battles cause of fresh mind.

if availability of players are low i rather wait longer, getting mogami into a T10 is not fun at all and plain awful

i rather have a system that would tell me to piss off go play other ship than put me in a frustating match with much superior ships

455 posts
8,038 battles
10 minutes ago, ahwai82 said:

if availability of players are low i rather wait longer, getting mogami into a T10 is not fun at all and plain awful

i rather have a system that would tell me to piss off go play other ship than put me in a frustating match with much superior ships

You don't seem to understand how much longer mm would take if it was +-0

At any one time when you queue there are no more than 60-80 other ships in mm range at the peak server time

That's 60-80 over +-2 tiers

While at night it drops to 20-30

With that kind of mm you'd either have to wait an hour or more for a single match or settle for unbalanced teams with one side having no DDS or bbs

Even games with huge amounts of players like dota2 take pretty long to find a match for perfect mm. Wows simply cant 

1,068 posts
3,847 battles
14 hours ago, PGM991 said:

A : let go of mouse/keyboard and let them kill... :Smile_teethhappy:

with fuso speed/conceal, she can't run or hide. even there my team amagi in front of me, they still shoot at me ...

I land a few decent hit but German steel won't budge at all...

I feel the same way when I go up against the Fuso in my Bayern,just can't figure out how to do good damage against them!

When shooting at any Germen BB,aim just below the deck level,you will stack damage easy that way.I went up against 2 Fuso in my Bismarck in Co-Op once a while ago,and they got some good hits in ( can't remember if I survived the encounter or not,it was mostly under 8km).

Super Tester
7,548 posts
7,993 battles
42 minutes ago, BanditSE1977 said:

I feel the same way when I go up against the Fuso in my Bayern,just can't figure out how to do good damage against them!

When shooting at any Germen BB,aim just below the deck level,you will stack damage easy that way.I went up against 2 Fuso in my Bismarck in Co-Op once a while ago,and they got some good hits in ( can't remember if I survived the encounter or not,it was mostly under 8km).

Lol. Bayern lol pens fuso. Just don't shoot the belt if fuso is angled. Shoot the bow, stern or turrets.

1,342 posts
8,860 battles

To be honest, I don't really mind the +2/-2 MM.

It is nowhere near as bad as WoT, where a bottom tier LT can't even pen the rear of a top tier HT. At least you can always do damage in WoWs. I myself have carried a Tier 10 game in a Tier 8 ship sometimes. You just got to play smarter and more cautiously when bottom tier is all.

Sure a +1/-1 MM would be nice, but I am not sure it is worth the longer queue times. The waiting times is already long enough during off peak hours like very late nights/early mornings, which is when I usually play.

[AUSNZ]
420 posts
16,049 battles
19 hours ago, LonerPrime said:

I don't think the git gud is the problem here as most of us on the forums can carry games as bottom tier, the problem for me and my clan comes from having to carry as bottom tier so often while our high tier ships just completely potato. It does get tiring after a while :fish_sleep:

[LYNMF]
990 posts
11,614 battles
2 hours ago, Adm_Kunkka said:

You don't seem to understand how much longer mm would take if it was +-0

At any one time when you queue there are no more than 60-80 other ships in mm range at the peak server time

That's 60-80 over +-2 tiers

While at night it drops to 20-30

With that kind of mm you'd either have to wait an hour or more for a single match or settle for unbalanced teams with one side having no DDS or bbs

Even games with huge amounts of players like dota2 take pretty long to find a match for perfect mm. Wows simply cant 

that is why i say a system or something to tell me no other players playing same tier as me then i can go play other ship..i dont mind

how many times MM complain by players, way too many times so its a issue

its not fun up against superior ship and have to count on others to win, not the point i play this game

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles
10 minutes ago, ahwai82 said:

that is why i say a system or something to tell me no other players playing same tier as me then i can go play other ship..i dont mind

how many times MM complain by players, way too many times so its a issue

its not fun up against superior ship and have to count on others to win, not the point i play this game

Totally

Then, waiting for 5 to 15 minutes to get perfect match with indentical tier is definitely worth the your time, RIGHT?!

While normally we can do 2 matches with that

Super Tester
2,725 posts
41 minutes ago, Thyaliad said:

To be honest, I don't really mind the +2/-2 MM.

It is nowhere near as bad as WoT, where a bottom tier LT can't even pen the rear of a top tier HT. At least you can always do damage in WoWs. I myself have carried a Tier 10 game in a Tier 8 ship sometimes. You just got to play smarter and more cautiously when bottom tier is all.

Sure a +1/-1 MM would be nice, but I am not sure it is worth the longer queue times. The waiting times is already long enough during off peak hours like very late nights/early mornings, which is when I usually play.

Queue time is least concern. Sure +/-1 MM is just too comfortable and players would continue play. But in long run of playing in bliss, where's the challenge there?

I like balanced up & down MM challenges on my cruisers (Myoukou, Pensacola, Yorck, Schors, Algerie, Mogami, Chapayev), rarely thrown as top tier of the battle. Sure battleships can 1 salvo you back to port if you cruise predictably, that's why I have priority target perk on my ship, which alleviates my paranoia.

Edited by Mingfang47