You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
fuzzjunky

weird wows website problem

6 comments in this topic

248 posts

ok so this is very weird. before offering advice please read to end.

I have literally tried everything to resolve this, and not sure if it's a bug or my internet 

so i'm putting it in general discussions.

I'm in Perth, W.A. I'm with belong internet, via telstra slams.

About  month ago, I started to not be able to access anything in the WOWS web domain.

Except the mainpage [worldofwarships.com/asia], Anything in the forum or the premium shop, or update news WOULD NOT LOAD.

IT WOULD TAKE ABOUT 5 MINUTES to produce pages like THIS.... [yes premium shop too]

This i thought was WOWS playing with their CSS styles and the link to the stylesheet was broken and it would get fixed

[slow response not withstanding] But it didn't. I'm a nerd so I bust out the usual tricks.Try a different browser, still broken,

restart modem and machine, still broken, but note at this time my internet service across all other aspects is FINE.

my ingame ping is still a crappy 106 [stopped hoping it would get better at this point].

so i disconnect from ADSL and hotspot my phone. bam problem solved. WEBSITE THERE.

how on earth can my provider be blocking my access to your website??? especially when my phone is also telstra.

Is it belong deliberately not routing me to your servers and how can it do that??

below is the super easy ping for the mainpage and the "unreachable" i get for everything else

I've been thinking it would sort itself out but it hasn't.

Is anyone else here with belong??? does anyone know how or why 

they can reroute me out of WWW server?? or it's css sheets??

but why the slow load??? 

[MEGA]
4,561 posts
17,548 battles
20 minutes ago, fuzzjunky said:

ok so this is very weird. before offering advice please read to end.

I have literally tried everything to resolve this, and not sure if it's a bug or my internet 

so i'm putting it in general discussions.

I'm in Perth, W.A. I'm with belong internet, via telstra slams.

About  month ago, I started to not be able to access anything in the WOWS web domain.

Except the mainpage [worldofwarships.com/asia], Anything in the forum or the premium shop, or update news WOULD NOT LOAD.

IT WOULD TAKE ABOUT 5 MINUTES to produce pages like THIS.... [yes premium shop too]

This i thought was WOWS playing with their CSS styles and the link to the stylesheet was broken and it would get fixed

[slow response not withstanding] But it didn't. I'm a nerd so I bust out the usual tricks.Try a different browser, still broken,

restart modem and machine, still broken, but note at this time my internet service across all other aspects is FINE.

my ingame ping is still a crappy 106 [stopped hoping it would get better at this point].

so i disconnect from ADSL and hotspot my phone. bam problem solved. WEBSITE THERE.

how on earth can my provider be blocking my access to your website??? especially when my phone is also telstra.

Is it belong deliberately not routing me to your servers and how can it do that??

below is the super easy ping for the mainpage and the "unreachable" i get for everything else

I've been thinking it would sort itself out but it hasn't.

Is anyone else here with belong??? does anyone know how or why 

they can reroute me out of WWW server?? or it's css sheets??

but why the slow load??? 

it happened to me when i was in china too, not sure why, it went back to normal after i went to indo

Beta Tester
902 posts
4,216 battles

It happens, I'm stuck in China, and WOT's website has the same problem, but WOWS runs smooth, smooth like Rito from To Love Ru. Anyways, I'm running on a VPN that access the internet from Taiwan, which helps a lot, but it isn't perfect. So try a VPN like Skarhabek said