You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
hormone1971

Bismark or NC

36 comments in this topic

[LYNMF]
463 posts
10,374 battles

I have to say that I prefers the Bismarck right now, NC kinda meh compares to the Big B

except the AA of course

but that just me

381 posts
9,957 battles

NC is a safe choice with fairly stable performance regardless of MM.

Bismarck is extremely fun if you run into a good MM and good map for CQC but if you happen to spawn on Okinawa or Tears of the Desert in a t10 match you'll feel pretty useless.

Additional note: Bismarck is good to go right from stock while NC really needs that upgraded hull for that extra 13k hp.

[LLBC]
747 posts
6,856 battles
46 minutes ago, _Hagikaze_ said:

If you  want to middle fingering those DDs with your secondary then go for Bismarck.

Or you can opt to midfings DDs with 2.0 sigma 16-inches of American freedoms from North Carolina.

[LYNMF]
990 posts
11,573 battles

bismarck is overrated, only good thing is it's playable on stock

the secondary is only useful if the match you in players push if not count on the guns..tough luck

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

Be honest with yourself. Do you consider yourself to be good or better than the average players ?
If yes, North Carolina is for you.

If not, that's no problem, get the Bismarck. Be very honest with yourself as the NC skill floor is considerably higher than Bismarck. In the hands of a good player, North Carolina is significantly better than Bismarck (have a look at the clan wars)

1,105 posts

if you want to get EZ dreadnought.... Choose Bismarck... equip with skill superintended and repair party 2....

- hard to citadel

- GG hydro, rekt those DD!

- secondary?

- Decent AA, equip with manual aim AA.... OP as heck

- EZ to play

weakness : T9~T10 DD, 20km camper Yamato, Iowa or Missouri, all French CA

since people will spam HE on you (got burn easily), repair party 2 IS MUST.....

248 posts

I have just sold my bismarck with 2.5 million XP on it.

and i'll tell you why. in bismarck you are a punching bag. you're a good one, but it's boring.

I would choose the NC> the extra speed and accuracy is a funner style of play.

Biz is a very unmanouverable ship at times. you need to front up into island areas for a brawl.

you end up learning how to dodge torps and blindifre into smoke.

and everyone nails you from every angle. hopefully while you do this your dd's

know what they're doing. but there's not much else you can do to decide the game.

and oh my ever loving god THE DISPERSION

you can be like 8 or 10 km.s from a ship on broadside and still manage to get NOTHING.

i also have a nagato with 4.5 million XP.

i love it the same as i always have. i'll never sell it.

it's fun. it's slow but it delivers nice neat packages.

and it somehow seems more manouverable. and oh that range <3

i suspect North Carolina would be more similar to nagato than Biz.

do you want to be your teams punching Bag??

1,105 posts
Just now, fuzzjunky said:

I have just sold my bismarck with 2.5 million XP on it.

and i'll tell you why. in bismarck you are a punching bag. you're a good one, but it's boring.

do you want to be your teams punching Bag??

EZ dreadnought....... EZ secondary hit..... EZ YOLO..... are you already complete all of the Campaign? 

btw, its not punching bag...... ITS DREADNOUGHT!! GG Doppelsoldner style!

4c46c0922879543c0e0b1b8d4a4698d0.jpg

German Science is no1 

~Stroheim

[how the heck to add spoiler???]

Edited by Skarhabek

1,196 posts
2,883 battles
2 hours ago, Skarhabek said:

if you want to get EZ dreadnought.... Choose Bismarck... equip with skill superintended and repair party 2....

- hard to citadel

- GG hydro, rekt those DD!

- secondary?

- Decent AA, equip with manual aim AA.... OP as heck

- EZ to play

weakness : T9~T10 DD, 20km camper Yamato, Iowa or Missouri, all French CA

since people will spam HE on you (got burn easily), repair party 2 IS MUST.....

but you don't do well with her. Can't just say that she's easy when you don't do well with her

Beta Tester
902 posts
4,254 battles

Bismarck. The pure satisfaction of seeing the OP secondary guns firing is enough. Nevermind the dispersion, it doesn't feel that bad. As long as you don't get too greedy in your aimming, you'll be fine. I'm not the best Bismarck player around, not by a long stretch, but I've got a some tips to make the Bismarck an awesome ship

1,105 posts
Just now, silenthunter19944 said:

but you don't do well with her. Can't just say that she's easy when you don't do well with her

did you mean my Average damage? wait for another 50~100 match and my stat will increase

look at my "CQC achievement and "Dreadnought" medal i got with Bismarck......  so nice...i got CQC on my second TRY on Bismarck

18920465_444139779299597_908218267156235

*dat yolo moment...

and look at my stat, i am taking more DAMAGE than dealing damage.... 

BISMARCK IS THE REAL SHIP FOR MAN! TAKE ALL DAMAGE AND ALIVE FOR ANOTHER BATTLE!

at least in Bismarck, if you sux at aim THIS SHIP IS FOR YOU! you can become tanker and lead the push like a BOSS!

well, in the end it depend on the player.... 

Super Tester
7,534 posts
7,978 battles

Apart from secondary and a very hard to penetrate citadel, Bismarck has 0 advantage over NC. You will never win a brawl against a non stupid nc in a Bismarck. Don't get me wrong, Bismarck is very powerful and capable, but NC is without doubt a better ship. Even more now as CV player base is increasing. Bismarck is literally CV food.

[LBAS]
4,468 posts
25,632 battles

Camper --> N.Carolina :cap_look:; AA best T8: guns .. take some tea and shells shall hit; speed--> better than before

Brawler --> Bismarck :cap_rambo:; AA worse than Gneisenau; guns --> cruisers murderer; high maneuverability

Alternate version:

Sniper --> Amagi :Smile_trollface:; poor AA; guns strong against up-tier; speed?do not hunger

Edited by MatterCore

1,196 posts
2,883 battles
1 hour ago, Skarhabek said:

did you mean my Average damage? wait for another 50~100 match and my stat will increase

18920465_444139779299597_908218267156235

*dat yolo moment...

and look at my stat, i am taking more DAMAGE than dealing damage.... 

BISMARCK IS THE REAL SHIP FOR MAN! TAKE ALL DAMAGE AND ALIVE FOR ANOTHER BATTLE!

at least in Bismarck, if you sux at aim THIS SHIP IS FOR YOU! you can become tanker and lead the push like a BOSS!

well, in the end it depend on the player.... 

Ok, what's so special about CQC? My NC get it all the time

60k damage is poor for a battleship. Unacceptable by SEA standards. You should be getting that every game but you are not. You 

'and look at my stat, i am taking more DAMAGE than dealing damage...'

Dreadnought/ fire proof award no where to be seen 

Why are you lying ?

'BISMARCK IS THE REAL SHIP FOR MAN! TAKE ALL DAMAGE AND ALIVE FOR ANOTHER BATTLE!'

Sadly your survival rate is below average

if you sux at aim THIS SHIP IS FOR YOU!

If you sucks at aiming you shouldn't be playing a high tier BB in the first place

Edited by silenthunter19944

683 posts
7,338 battles

I think it depends on play style. I personally a Bismarck goer rather than NC. Reason is I feel more confident in pushing forward with Bismarck rather than NC. Better turret traverse speed, slight faster reload, hydro, and that umbrella of secondary shells flying :P

NC shell flight time is an issue for me: too slow for comfort. But hey, the dispersion is good until a point you can delete DD with your main guns ( larger finger than Bismarck's)

AA in Bismarck to me is acceptable. BFT plus AFT make her not that bad against planes, of course, she struggled badly with tier 9, 10 planes. Not sure about NC cos I have no patience to grind up the captain... 

[APS]
80 posts
6,412 battles

I prefer the Bayern over the Gnies and for me the Bismark is a super bayern.

My aim sux, except when I salvo a cruiser that thinks this is tanks.

[LNA]
1,659 posts
10,430 battles
11 minutes ago, Aeek said:

I prefer the Bayern over the Gnies and for me the Bismark is a super bayern.

My aim sux, except when I salvo a cruiser that thinks this is tanks.

nah , its the gun that fails you , not yourself, german bbs are wildly inaccurate , you never know if you can citadel or not due to RNG. Dont expect it to citadel and you will do fine , aim for normal pen is better

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

The best situation when using bismarck is when the enemy deal zero damage to your bow with their Full Salvo (Battleship) even when the said ships is Yamato or GK

1,105 posts

Dreadnought/ fire proof award no where to be seen 

Why are you lying ?

19424317_450835211963387_736576911395941

dreadnought is easy to get, but the fireproof is so hard....

'BISMARCK IS THE REAL SHIP FOR MAN! TAKE ALL DAMAGE AND ALIVE FOR ANOTHER BATTLE!'

Sadly your survival rate is below average

blame those OP Gearing and Shimakaze... also some of them is come from trying to RAM Tirpitz but fail..... Bismarck need buff, its secondary should  shot those torpedo... also Yugumo got buff 12km torp -_-

Ok, what's so special about CQC? My NC get it all the time

aha, 923 match in BB.... 23 CQC...

lel, 261 match in BB....16 CQC.... oh wait half of it come from CV?? :V

60k damage is poor for a battleship. Unacceptable by SEA standards. You should be getting that every game but you are not.

is that so? http://asia.wows-numbers.com/ships/

Bismarck Average damage is 58.109

North Carolina Average damage is 55.248

obviously,.... we are talking about the ship itself, NOT MY CRAP STAT. if Bismarck have crap dispersion, why people still do some damage? because the Bismarck playstyle, shooting from point blank range is A LOT easier rather than snipe from 18km+

are u expecting everybody asking for advice is unicum? obviously playing Bismarck is easier..... at least from potato perspective.

If you sucks at aiming you shouldn't be playing a high tier BB in the first place

you wont be a unicum if you not try!

rather than talking and crapping about someone stat, its more better to give some constructive advice.

1,486 posts

I thought the idea of this discussion was compare North Carolina to Bismarck, not to complain about peoples play style or survival rate?

The main aim of this game is to have fun, & the skills, brain sharpening & friendships we pick up are bonuses.

I don't care a lot, on how much minimum damage you do in a game, if you don't push, you don't have fun, as its no fun sitting up the back camping like a coward.

the main advice would be where & how far to push, sometimes you get focussed on by 3 or more ships, so then its time to regroup, not run away at 1 or 2 dds, but a fleet yes....

sometimes we can't get 60,000 or more in a game, depends on the circumstances, & of course the evil god RNGesus...

& survival rate is too subjective to judge on, a below average rate is partly made up by the early tiers, & also how much you push & end up dying..., not necessarily how crap you are.. Unless you yolo, your in the action, supporting your fleet, & not sitting up the back like a coward, camping..

the best thing that helps me raise my damage level, is to have the damage shown in the top right corner, that you can tick on in the settings...

apart from that helping me, I don't care about survival rates or stats, as long as enjoyment is had... (& all dds are destroyed).

I pick Bismarck over North Carolina , as I find NC very innacurate, & I dont think its as maneuverable as Bismarck, & I just love those secondaries.

enough from me

Ordrazz