You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
pwinky

Does autoaim exist?

16 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
2 posts

Was wondering if autoaim was implemented in the game. Similar to world of tanks where I can right click on a target and let my guns follow them. It is slightly frustrating when some guns take ~40s to turn around and I need to do something else like launch torpedos while they are turning.

So if anyone knows how to do it please do enlighten me. If not I think it would be cool to have this feature so that I can do a small amount of multi-tasking while my guns re-aim.

[PANZA]
Senior Moderator
820 posts
932 battles

Not implemented, doubt it will be implemented either, since the big difference between WoWS and WoT, is the speed targets move at.

Furthermore the distance in battles is so much longer, that autoaim would not be of any use, unless it also calcualtes the lead needed. And if that was so, the game would be much too easy.

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,563 posts

If you have a target locked, the White circle thing, your guns will auto track the target, you still have manualy adjust aim to hit.

Cntrl x will lock your guns relative to your ship

Shift x will lock your guns to a sector on the map

Beta Tester
22 posts
37 battles

Not implemented, doubt it will be implemented either, since the big difference between WoWS and WoT, is the speed targets move at.

Furthermore the distance in battles is so much longer, that autoaim would not be of any use, unless it also calcualtes the lead needed. And if that was so, the game would be much too easy.

Isnt the torpedo bomber from Aircraft Carrier a sort of auto aim? I really hate that though, sometime it's pretty stupid. I want to manually aim those if possible.

Also torpedo HAVE to be drop on a certain range from the ship is kinda anoying, i guess it's trying to divide the dive bomber from the torpedo bomber and to protect the torpedo plane, but i once have a match where another aircraft carrier kinda found the perfect place - very small area surround by island type of place - and as another aircraft carrier there's 0 way to damage him. He basically stay there until the end of match without any one able to damage him since all his torpedo plane is down (except a small cruiser which barely able to damage him, so we kinda sit there for the next 10-12 mins...)

Alpha Tester
265 posts

The way that the Torp bomber act is probably for balance. If you can control where it fires and when it fire then it will be OP. Its balance at the current state.

Beta Tester
2 posts
461 battles

The way that the Torp bomber act is probably for balance. If you can control where it fires and when it fire then it will be OP. Its balance at the current state.

The manual drop command is in need of a re-balance. 

Beta Tester
2 posts

If you have a target locked, the White circle thing, your guns will auto track the target, you still have manualy adjust aim to hit.

Cntrl x will lock your guns relative to your ship

Shift x will lock your guns to a sector on the map

No auto aim, but there is fix guns at relative heading with Ctrl x.

Thanks for the shortcut tips. Exactly what I was looking for. The ability to lock the guns to a certain heading is extremely useful so that I can spend the time while the guns are traversing to maybe dodge some enemy torpedos or launch some of my own.

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

nope you'd still get the green this is where you will shoot indicator, just not the grey - here's where the ship will be IF they stay on the same course and speed (and if you do that you deserve to get hit)

Beta Tester
25 posts
439 battles

I would like an aim assist for long range firing.

Like the torpedo aim assist that only helps if the enemy target keeps sailing all fat, dumb and happy.

Just get it to give a zone for you to aim for, not autoaim like WoT has.