You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
ellofiend

Premium rares

18 comments in this topic

283 posts
3,577 battles

Hello fellow commanders! Ciao Ragazzi!

I need to know when the premiums are being taken down (Saipan, Belfast, dunkerque and Warspite)

I am selling my Lego collection at the end of the holidays quite a large amount having spent all my pocket money on it since I was 4, and my parents say I can spend it on whatever and of course i'm gonna spend it on the ships we will probably never see again, so I can save a bit for later, how long will they be there for?

112 posts
1,553 battles

From my experiance, specials in the premium store don't seem to last for very long. I check back the next day to find them gone -_-

Being premium ships, they should stick around for a bit. Best to get them asap, it's been a year since we've seen some of them I think/

I got the Saipan, and it's defiantly a mixed beast. I would advise only getting it if you enjoy carrier play and want to try something a bit different.

Edited by Dire_Venom

[SGC]
55 posts
8,027 battles

Uh good news, I think they're on permanent sale except for de grasse. If you look at their announcement post, it gives a sale start date but no end date unlike all other sales. 

Not to mention the post also says they're here to stay. 

307 posts
6,413 battles
8 minutes ago, Dire_Venom said:

From my experiance, specials in the premium store don't seem to last for very long. I check back the next day to find them gone -_-

Being premium ships, they should stick around for a bit. Best to get them asap, it's been a year since we've seen some of them I think/

I got the Saipan, and it's defiantly a mixed beast. I would advise only getting it if you enjoy carrier play and want to try something a bit different.

Now that the Saipan is for sale i will basically report "Poor Play" to anyone CV player that uses a T7 ship that is not a Saipan as they have no excuse :) .... if i was a CV player i would either buy this Ship or play T6 or T8 only as it is so OP vs other CV in that tier.

[LNA]
1,660 posts
10,438 battles
3 minutes ago, Burnt_Out_Koalas said:

Now that the Saipan is for sale i will basically report "Poor Play" to anyone CV player that uses a T7 ship that is not a Saipan as they have no excuse :) .... if i was a CV player i would either buy this Ship or play T6 or T8 only as it is so OP vs other CV in that tier.

You need to pass tier 7 b4 going to 8 though , unless u spam green exp for it.

Saipan i no longer care about as i have pass that stage , kudos to all try hards :Smile_trollface:.

T6 n 8 is not that much better with the 311 ryujo frenzy and shokaku complete dominancedominance

112 posts
1,553 battles
1 minute ago, Burnt_Out_Koalas said:

Still cots about $60 though XD

It certiantly can be very powerful, however some matches you do get matched vs tier 9 ships and your squads just get wipped -_-

Vs an AS Ranger you can struggle a bit, since the ranger fighter squads are so huge and strafes from your planes will only do midling damage vs them at best. I've had a lot of issues of not being able to get of air fights using strafes, Ill set it but my fighters will remain locked in combat no matter how many times or where I place it :,( This often results in my squads getting wipped if anything engages them for very long.

Certiantly a powerful CV, but it can also be pretty frustrating to play and isn't a free win type of ship in my experiance (or maybe I'm just a terribe CV pilot -_-).

283 posts
3,577 battles
10 minutes ago, Burnt_Out_Koalas said:

yep, had a saipan on my team last match but he was a really good carrier player, he actually SPOTTED! and he did some amazing double devastating strikes on ships as well as ramming the enemy half-health hiryu to death, so yeah, that was great, poor enemy team

lol, just noticed my recent and normal win-rate, that is laughable

Edited by ellofiend

112 posts
1,553 battles
1 hour ago, ellofiend said:

yep, had a saipan on my team last match but he was a really good carrier player, he actually SPOTTED! and he did some amazing double devastating strikes on ships as well as ramming the enemy half-health hiryu to death, so yeah, that was great, poor enemy team

lol, just noticed my recent and normal win-rate, that is laughable

A CV ramming :o What a brave soul!

I just had an absolutly aweful game where all 27 of my planes (Ranger) out ventured within 5km of a nearby smoke cloud and all got vapourised within 4 seconds before I could pull them away :,( I hardly ever rage quit, but that was one of the worst starts I've ever had to a game. I hate how your planes can be getting shot up by AA and yet not see the ship if it's behind terrain or in smoke -_-

Game before that a Tirpitz shot down 40 of my planes as well -_-. Despite having much worse AA than the bismarck, she will still muder your planes at 4-5km apparently. I can't wait till we get AP bombs and can shove those BB's one

Edited by Dire_Venom

Super Tester
7,543 posts
7,982 battles

@ellofiend If there is no time limit mentioned, that generally means they will be rotated out on Friday. Also, WG didn't say they would never sell these ships again. So you will see them in premium shop again in near future. No need to put stress on your wallet.

Edited by icy_phoenix

307 posts
6,413 battles
9 hours ago, Dire_Venom said:

A CV ramming :o What a brave soul!

I just had an absolutly aweful game where all 27 of my planes (Ranger) out ventured within 5km of a nearby smoke cloud and all got vapourised within 4 seconds before I could pull them away :,( I hardly ever rage quit, but that was one of the worst starts I've ever had to a game. I hate how your planes can be getting shot up by AA and yet not see the ship if it's behind terrain or in smoke -_-

Game before that a Tirpitz shot down 40 of my planes as well -_-. Despite having much worse AA than the bismarck, she will still muder your planes at 4-5km apparently. I can't wait till we get AP bombs and can shove those BB's one

Well the Asia server is heavy on CV player base, compared to other regions.   So every CL, CA and BB should have AA setup on this server to survive.

Edited by Burnt_Out_Koalas

[LYNMF]
463 posts
10,390 battles
2 hours ago, Burnt_Out_Koalas said:

Well the Asia server is heavy on CV player base, compared to other regions.   So every CL, CA and BB should have AA setup on this server to survive.

too much CVs now for my likings, got 2 CV games most of the time

and most of 'em are noobs and the cause of team failure

which made T5-T7 games less fun than they were

to OP

if you're talking about rare ships, they are those WG not selling anymore because they are too OP like kamikaze and gremyachy

buyfast and saipan are not rare, they along with kutuzov are stupidly broken ships but "not OP" that still are constantly available to buy in the prem shop

I wouldn't recommend on the warspite though, it's kinda hard ship to play right now in this CV heavy meta

If you check on WG news page, they have posted this news recently, so take your time

Following Premium Ships will now be available for purchase in the Premium Shop:

• Tier VI British Battleship Warspite
  • Tier VIII German Battleship Tirpitz
  • Tier VIII Soviet Cruiser Mikhail Kutuzov
  • Tier VIII Pan-Asian Destroyer Lo Yang
  • Tier VII American Aircraft Carrier Saipan
  • Tier III British Destroyer Campbeltown
  • Tier V American Battleship Texas
  • Tier VI Soviet Cruiser Molotov
  • Tier VII American Cruiser Indianapolis
  • Tier II Japanese Destroyer Tachibana
  • Tier II German Cruiser Emden
  • Tier VI American Battleship Arizona
  • Tier V Soviet Cruiser Krasny Krym
  • Tier VII German Battleship Scharnhorst
  • Tier VI French Battleship Dunkerque
  • Tier VII British Cruiser Belfast
  • Tier VI Commonwealth Cruiser Perth

307 posts
6,413 battles
1 hour ago, blacknoheart said:

too much CVs now for my likings, got 2 CV games most of the time

and most of 'em are noobs and the cause of team failure

which made T5-T7 games less fun than they were

Totally agree, T5 to T7 is basically no fun if your a DD player until the CV battle is won, which means the game is already over.   As discussed in many posts, the Carrier is the most important player in the game so basically 80% of the time the winner of the Air will win the game.   Makes being a DD player kinda redundant in these games except when you have a good CV player protecting you.   I do not know how many times i have gone back to save a CV from getting sunk only to lose half my health and the zone cap lead to find out that the CV player was not even worth saving as he has lost the skies.

[LYNMF]
463 posts
10,390 battles
1 hour ago, Burnt_Out_Koalas said:

Totally agree, T5 to T7 is basically no fun if your a DD player until the CV battle is won, which means the game is already over.   As discussed in many posts, the Carrier is the most important player in the game so basically 80% of the time the winner of the Air will win the game.   Makes being a DD player kinda redundant in these games except when you have a good CV player protecting you.   I do not know how many times i have gone back to save a CV from getting sunk only to lose half my health and the zone cap lead to find out that the CV player was not even worth saving as he has lost the skies.

imo, even if WG manage to balance out the cv load unbalance, the cv will still be unbalance due to the limitation of 2 cv per game

1 useless cv in 1 cv game will definitely ruin our game

1 useless cv in 2 cv game may have a chance though

too many times us non cv ships can't do shit against good enemy cv who spot for their team and kept their distance against our AA ships

as oppose we still can do something if we have a potato DD in our team

everyday I weight on quitting due to too many damn noob CV, or play somewhere else

the best thing WG can make is

1. remove CV altogether, which will never happen since they are preparing a lot of prem cvs to sell (enterprise, graff zeppelin, shinano, ark royal)

2. turn the game into cv games where all other ships are just support ships(midway, coral sea)

-end of rant-

:Smile-_tongue:

1,490 posts

The Rare premiums to always look for, & grab if they ever come out again:

Imperator Nikolai I

Gremyachy

Oleg

Albany

Diana

Kamikaze

Fujin

Katori

& don't listen to anyone saying OP crap, or low tier is crap.

it took me 2 years to get Albany, but worth it for my collection of older ships.:Smile_child:

Ordrazz

307 posts
6,413 battles
7 hours ago, blacknoheart said:

imo, even if WG manage to balance out the cv load unbalance, the cv will still be unbalance due to the limitation of 2 cv per game

1 useless cv in 1 cv game will definitely ruin our game

1 useless cv in 2 cv game may have a chance though

too many times us non cv ships can't do shit against good enemy cv who spot for their team and kept their distance against our AA ships

as oppose we still can do something if we have a potato DD in our team

everyday I weight on quitting due to too many damn noob CV, or play somewhere else

the best thing WG can make is

1. remove CV altogether, which will never happen since they are preparing a lot of prem cvs to sell (enterprise, graff zeppelin, shinano, ark royal)

2. turn the game into cv games where all other ships are just support ships(midway, coral sea)

-end of rant-

:Smile-_tongue:

This is all you can do to beat off a CV attack.

https://wowreplays.com/Replay/39538-Burnt_Out_Koalas-Leningrad-Neighbors

Alpha Tester
1,637 posts
7,230 battles
23 hours ago, ellofiend said:

I am selling my Lego collection at the end of the holidays quite a large amount 

My 2 cents worth of opinion.........Keep it the lego.

It will always go up in value, and maybe one day your kids will play with it.

I wish i still had mine.

[LYNMF]
463 posts
10,390 battles
13 hours ago, Burnt_Out_Koalas said:

This is all you can do to beat off a CV attack.

https://wowreplays.com/Replay/39538-Burnt_Out_Koalas-Leningrad-Neighbors

you're just saying fight to the death

sad but true

I had a cv (I think It was kaga or something?!) so determine to kill me in a KUTUZOV!!!

I mean, wtf was he thinking?! definitely a wallet warrior :Smile_facepalm: 

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles
3 hours ago, blacknoheart said:

you're just saying fight to the death

sad but true

I had a cv (I think It was kaga or something?!) so determine to kill me in a KUTUZOV!!!

I mean, wtf was he thinking?! definitely a wallet warrior :Smile_facepalm: 

saipan comes out

plays match in roon on that day

our saipan dies to a 301 saipan (DS)

checks stat

0% wr,avrage damage 6000, avrage plane kills 0.5, battles: 6

:cap_wander: