Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
BravaZulu296

Colorado should have 5"/38

9 comments in this topic

346 posts

I noticed that Colorado doesn't have 5"/38 guns, Colorado should have 3 5"/38 single turrets per side if it's the 1944 hull (circa may 1944).

Why is this significant? Well, it really isn't, it's just that Colorado should have 5"/38 caliber guns and that 5"/38 guns do 151 (divide by two for NC having 2 guns per turret vs colorado is 75.5) damage per second vs 5"/25 guns that do 58.4 damage per sec

Source : http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Colorado

And for 5"/38 dps : http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:North_Carolina

It's just detail stuff though, I'm not asking for buff.

Edited by BravaZulu296

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

EDIT: I misread your post - but either way I'll leave it here since it is a common miconception.

Thats the West Virginia I think you are talking about.

8kWGoyD.jpg

WV was sunk in Pearl harbor therefore she was extensively rebuilt - thus very different from here sister ships.

Colorado hasn't, and unfortunately in nature these slow Battleships are not suited to TFs, and as a result even she has 16 inch guns, she is treated no differently than the 14-inch-gun-equipped slow BBs (to support landing operations).

And since she was the "newest" in the slow BBs, she was not rebuilt like many other older Battlships, in fact the old Cage Mast was kept as well until she was dismantle - quite an unique feature.

If the Rebuilt WV is to be introduced, I think her AA will be too good for Tier 7. It will probably be a Tier 8 Battleship with God-tier AA and probably some buff to her accuracy (she had the MK8 FCS after all and killed the Fuso) and turret traverse.

Edited by Alvin1020

1,386 posts
8,221 battles
13 minutes ago, Alvin1020 said:

If the Rebuilt WV is to be introduced, I think her AA will be too good for Tier 7. It will probably be a Tier 8 Battleship with God-tier AA and probably some buff to her accuracy (she had the MK8 FCS after all and killed the Fuso) and turret traverse.

Despite the new and advanced fire control technologies some of the "standard" battleships received, the standard battleships performed extremely poorly in gunnery during the battle of Surigao. WV made a few hits on one of the Fuso class but didn't cause much damage. Both Fuso and Yamashiro were sunk due to extensive damage by multiple torpedo hits. The US "standard" type battleship played no major role in the sinking of the Fuso class. 

Edited by _Halcyon

346 posts
10 hours ago, Onlinegamer said:

it's Colorado not West Virginia 

West Virginia has 8 5"/38 guns in dual turrets per side , colorado has 3 5"/38 in single turrets.

Examine this photo:

pitw-151_3.jpg?v=0000000001

You can see the 5"/38 guns in the single turrets (one on each side is camouflaged ), This is colorado in 1944, she recieved 5"/38s in 1944 during an overhaul in early 1944

Edited by BravaZulu296

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles
14 hours ago, _Halcyon said:

Despite the new and advanced fire control technologies some of the "standard" battleships received, the standard battleships performed extremely poorly in gunnery during the battle of Surigao. WV made a few hits on one of the Fuso class but didn't cause much damage. Both Fuso and Yamashiro were sunk due to extensive damage by multiple torpedo hits. The US "standard" type battleship played no major role in the sinking of the Fuso class. 

I particularly found the fact that Fuso literally got killed by one single Torp and exploded into half really amusing (not meaning that in a bad way).

Either way, it was the last proper Battleship encounter. And it happened to be a classic T-shape encounter as well :Smile_great:

Edited by Alvin1020

980 posts
12,617 battles
1 hour ago, Alvin1020 said:

I particularly found the fact that Fuso literally got killed by one single Torp and exploded into half really amusing (not meaning that in a bad way).

Either way, it was the last proper Battleship encounter. And it happened to be a classic T-shape encounter as well :Smile_great:

This justifies all US BBs before tier 8 to be nerfed.

Please give Colorado 1.2 sigma, max dispersion 500m.

Edited by LordTyphoon

[LLBC]
747 posts
6,850 battles
1 hour ago, LordTyphoon said:

This justifies all US BBs before tier 8 to be nerfed.

Please give Colorado 1.2 sigma, max dispersion 500m.

At that point you might as well making those 16" guns being secondaries (but with 17+km range) too.

That would reduce the Colorado to the comical point-and-click gameplay style and Manual Secondaries will be the must for her to even deal meaningful damage. :Smile_trollface:

Seriously though, that would save much chunk of attention span spent for aiming and shooting, which could be dedicated more to WASD HAX. So, I approve this change. :cap_haloween:

Sign in to follow this