Somedude_Yudachi

What's the features of USN bbs?

• You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

52 posts in this topic

What's the difference between IJN and USN?What are the features of them?Is it worth to try USN?(Trying IJN VI)

Better AA.  Better accuracy.   Better armour.  Slower.   Shorter gun range.     I prefer the USNBB to the IJN line.   

Tier 3-7 : Dreadnought era , very small turning circle radius , quicker rudder shift combined with a short hull give you very good maneuverability to dodge torpedo spams , AA is good but wont stop CV from killing you. You also get 21-22 knots max , getting to the battle on time require serious forethought

Your torpedo defence sucks so rely on your turning to not eat torp. You get all or nothing armor which make not angling or using armor the wrong way extremely painful. Your armour wont citadel proof like Germans , but you can safely turn broadside more often than IJN BB.

They get more guns than IJN , but with worse dispersion , you will play like a shotgun BB before tier 7 , at tier 7 picking shot angle become more important as you only have 8 guns.

Tier 8-10 : Fast battle ship era , you have mortar like firing arc ( like US dd , but much longer effective range ) , some of the best broadside weight and penetration power for the tier in exchange for middle of the road accuracy and very vulnerable side armor profile. Your AA become very good and nigh impossible to go through if you specc AA. You are generally faster and more maneuverable than your opponents so try to get side shots on them when facing BB. The best anti cruiser platform of all the current BB and the most flexible.

Your armor is now only safe when bow on and slightly angled head on

They also have good camo so they can suprise alot of unweary foe if you max concealment ( NC can get down to 11,8km detection)

All American made bb have poor secondaries , generally bad torpedo defence and lower HP compare to their comtemporaries

Except for Arizona, the us BB don't seem to burn as well as ijn BB, but can be as slow as a wet week.

Ordrazz

IJN BBs crewmen don't have names like Chuck, Mack and Bob.

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

Better AA.  Better short-range accuracy (but garbage long-range accuracy).   Better armour.  Slower.   Shorter gun range. (the latter three only hold true until T7-8)

FTFH

Edited by Admiral_Neptulussus

6 hours ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

Better AA.  Better accuracy.   Better armour.  Slower.   Shorter gun range.     I prefer the USNBB to the IJN line.   

Better accuracy. You drunk?

4 minutes ago, WongSongMing said:

Better accuracy. You drunk?

Ah. Thats only apply to short range ~12km shots where us bb gets better dispersion than their ijn counterpart

At tier 9 n 10 you can get the special upgrade to improve their dispersion to some of the best in tier.

Yes they have piss poor shell arc n dispersion for long ranged shots , but at short to mid range they are deadly accurate, a usn bb stealthily crawling up to 13km and open fire on broadside target is devastating

7 minutes ago, legionary2099 said:

Ah. Thats only apply to short range ~12km shots where us bb gets better dispersion than their ijn counterpart

At tier 9 n 10 you can get the special upgrade to improve their dispersion to some of the best in tier.

Yes they have piss poor shell arc n dispersion for long ranged shots , but at short to mid range they are deadly accurate, a usn bb stealthily crawling up to 13km and open fire on broadside target is devastating

It's more like 8km and at that range the better dispersion has little effect.

Accurate? Lmao, the only reason Iowa dispersion is best in tier is because the other 2 are pure garbage. For T10, Yamato is far more accurate than Montana.

As for concealment, the only ship that can really take advantage of this more than the other BBs can is NC. Iowa is poorly armoured and hard to manuver while Montana has the same concealment as Montana.

1 minute ago, WongSongMing said:

It's more like 8km and at that range the better dispersion has little effect.

Accurate? Lmao, the only reason Iowa dispersion is best in tier is because the other 2 are pure garbage. For T10, Yamato is far more accurate than Montana.

As for concealment, the only ship that can really take advantage of this more than the other BBs can is NC. Iowa is poorly armoured and hard to manuver while Montana has the same concealment as Montana.

Yamato at close range is not that more accurate than a Montana, at longer range you are the best , at close up they are about the same, the hard part is that the shell arc is not as flat making aiming less intuitive and making shots not accurate from 1st person view, also due to shell arc , you need to learn how to aim differently for us bb to take care of the arc.

After citadel buff , iowa and montana is very powerful and extremely versatile , if you specced for concealment , you can nail someone from 12 to 13km with suprise on your side and this is a very powerful advantage.

Poor armour sure , but with citadel buff you no longer have to bow on most of the time

USN BB can be Commanded by Steven Seagal (the only unique commander in the game)

Any ship with him provide better food then IJN counterpart (+2 bonus on energy, +1 INT, -1 Charisma)

Also make those ships immune to being hijacked

In later stages USN BBs are a bit more balanced overall, specially from Tier 8 and onwards. Where as IJN BBs display a significant weakness against Air Attacks, and thats uniform throughout the line.

IJN BBs on the other hand remains comfortable upto tier 8 I would say, where you can enjoy one of the best ships in the game. After that, the remaining 2 is quite frustrating to be fair, since utilizing them to their full potential is rather difficult. 

Posted (edited)

This might come as a shocker to some of the above posters, but apart from Yamato, USN BBs are the most accurate BBs in the game. Yes, starting from South Carolina to Iowa. For Montana, accuracy is not needed when you have 12 shells up in the air. She's still a lot better than GK in terms of shell grouping.

Don't forget that recently USN high tier BBs got their citadels lowered underwater. Montana has very strong belt. Even Yamato won't penetrate it when angled. Also, only NC has floaty shells. Iowa and Montana are pretty normal. Not like Izumo, but Izumo is a crap.

Many people don't like the fact that usn BBs up to t7 is slow. I think they are impressive battleships. Specially New Mexico and Colorado. But they require your good positioning and shooting skills. A good portion of "Colorado is bad" group aren't simply good players. USN BBs have extremely good torpedo damage reduction up to Colorado. Colorado is really hard to citadel as well.

Secondary performance isn't stellar but not garbage either. But you do not look up to usn line for secondaries. It is still a viable build for Montana. You have 2km shorter range than GK but better fire chance overall.

There's no need to talk about AA for usn BBs. From NC and up, you can get clear sky against stupid CV players.

In short, KM BBs are noob friendly, and USN BBs are sort of idiot proof. Ijn lies in between with blue-lining encouragements like Kongo fuso and yamato.

If you think you are a good battleship player, USN line is fantastic. From t4 and up.

Edited by icy_phoenix

1 minute ago, stratmania said:

They get buffed if you complain hard enough.

Just enough to make it competitive. *Cough* Competitive

Rename edit code : Citadel Athwaship to Athwaship

done

Montana Iowa Missouri : GG AP bomb you cannot citadel bombing me!

2 minutes ago, Onlinegamer said:

Rename edit code : Citadel Athwaship to Athwaship

done

Montana Iowa Missouri : GG AP bomb you cannot citadel bombing me!

Never say never again.

It can and it will , nothing is impossible. And i wonder if AP bomb will be the next successor of fun n engaging mechanic generator

Posted (edited)

AP bomb is just stupid. Who would bother with normal bombs now

I guess it's the CV's turn for getting buffed into oblivion

Edited by FishyPower

3 minutes ago, FishyPower said:

If i get it right , loading all DB with AP bombs is not a smart choice as the module breaker HE and fire starter device is still needed if you want to fight heavy AA platform or cause bleeding damage that force a ship out of combat to heal. Also AP doesnt seem to have a splash radius it could touch an AA rack , destroy it n cause no damage to the ship.

AP bomb while scary , will require lots of manual aim skill if you want to hit something that is not a fat bb considering you qont get optimum drop angle all da time

8 minutes ago, FishyPower said:

Anyone who wants to damage cruisers, destroyers, and carriers?

18 minutes ago, FishyPower said:

So you prefer something that will only work on few selected scenarios? Don't forget that a large part of CV damage income is via fire DoT.

To the above comments

I kinda remember that even if a shell open pens, but it pass through the citadel space, it still does damage equivalent to penetrating the citadel, so other than destroyers, I'm pretty sure AP is a better choice? Also, I don't think destroying AA mounts is the role of the CV?

Not a CV player, but that's my theory.

7 minutes ago, FishyPower said:

To the above comments

I kinda remember that even if a shell open pens, but it pass through the citadel space, it still does damage equivalent to penetrating the citadel, so other than destroyers, I'm pretty sure AP is a better choice? Also, I don't think destroying AA mounts is the role of the CV?

Not a CV player, but that's my theory.

If you think killing AA mount is not cv job you are very very wrong as it is a critical necessity. CV is far more self reliance and self sufficient than any other class, your allies will not be able to help you many times against targets you deem worth to kill or must die on the list and this is where HE db come in. They bait DFAA , bait DCP cool down and lower plane casualty rates.

Neptune n AA specced ships are impossible to kill without them. Also deck armour is rather thin for cruiser , not many of them has 70mm combined top down, making lol cit pen rarer.

HE db is also a better choice for harrassing enemy cv (send them alone sneak n start fire while perma spot him, run when chased , rinse n repeat).

HE db is also the most likely to break steering or engine gears which make dd prone to further attack even if it is only a splash