You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
higenootoko

Kaga vs Saipan Tips Wanted

4 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
14 posts
2,155 battles

Hi guys, I have done some reading about dealing with saipan, most of them stated that

1. Keep close to CA and bait it to CA

2. Get AS and DFE

3. Split planes/strafe

However, I found it a bit difficult (pardon my n00bness) to deal with a decent saipan player who also have AS and DFE, because

1. A semi competent Saipan player knows well to stay away from enemy CA

2. Not helping much as tier 9 planes have better health than tier 6

3. splitting planes is not doing much, the saipan FT is a very fast and are able to catch up quick. Tried starfing saipan before, end up killin only 1 saipan, max 2, then whole squad got killed.

So, I need tips from you guys, unicums and pros, of how to fight a saipan with a kaga, or better any other cv with only max tier 6 planes ( gonna grind usn cv in a week or two). Thanks in advance captains =D

783 posts
4,819 battles

First off, you are focusing on "winning the air" against a Saipan. And as you pretty much already know, winning the air with a Kaga against a Saipan is quite an uphill battle. So other than being way more competent than the supposed competent Saipan enemy already, there's not much you can do, assuming you're already applying the said tips.

Clarification however. DFE doesn't help a Saipan's dmg against your planes, they take it mainly for the ammo boost and that it only costs 1 captain point anyway.

Kaga however has a way better strike capability than Saipan, so as long as you manage to make your mark on the match by successful drops on the other ships in the match, you'd be having a good time, not strictly in the air mind you.

Super Tester
813 posts
3,912 battles
33 minutes ago, higenootoko said:

Hi guys, I have done some reading about dealing with saipan, most of them stated that

1. Keep close to CA and bait it to CA

2. Get AS and DFE

3. Split planes/strafe

However, I found it a bit difficult (pardon my n00bness) to deal with a decent saipan player who also have AS and DFE, because

1. A semi competent Saipan player knows well to stay away from enemy CA

2. Not helping much as tier 9 planes have better health than tier 6

3. splitting planes is not doing much, the saipan FT is a very fast and are able to catch up quick. Tried starfing saipan before, end up killin only 1 saipan, max 2, then whole squad got killed.

So, I need tips from you guys, unicums and pros, of how to fight a saipan with a kaga, or better any other cv with only max tier 6 planes ( gonna grind usn cv in a week or two). Thanks in advance captains =D

Sacrifice your fighters whenever needed and use sneaky maneuvers to strike enemies unseen. Remember, it is nearly impossible to win air supremacy against a saipan. Depend on your alpha strike to outdamage the saipan. Missing a strike will be punished severely.

Edited by karrablaster123

Beta Tester
14 posts
2,155 battles
11 hours ago, SZYZWY said:

First off, you are focusing on "winning the air" against a Saipan. And as you pretty much already know, winning the air with a Kaga against a Saipan is quite an uphill battle. So other than being way more competent than the supposed competent Saipan enemy already, there's not much you can do, assuming you're already applying the said tips.

Clarification however. DFE doesn't help a Saipan's dmg against your planes, they take it mainly for the ammo boost and that it only costs 1 captain point anyway.

Kaga however has a way better strike capability than Saipan, so as long as you manage to make your mark on the match by successful drops on the other ships in the match, you'd be having a good time, not strictly in the air mind you.

with that ammo boost, i've always been in a situation when they exit strafe without losing any planes, and then re engage me by strafe due to the ammo capacity and most cases my planes are out halfway through the game. so basically you say that i should just use my ft to protect my torps and bombs, correct?

10 hours ago, karrablaster123 said:

Sacrifice your fighters whenever needed and use sneaky maneuvers to strike enemies unseen. Remember, it is nearly impossible to win air supremacy against a saipan. Depend on your alpha strike to outdamage the saipan. Missing a strike will be punished severely.

fully noted, so honourble death it is for my FT...