Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
brano_2

tier system hates me and my friends more

5 comments in this topic

6 posts
306 battles

1. the tier system seems to either hate me or might be broken? 2. is there a massive penalty for having friends and forming small 2-3 man teams to play together?

is it just me that is constantly punching above my weight class, or are others having this problem? it becomes even worse if me and my friends form up as a team fleet then its just unplayable.

as i slowly progress through the tiers (currently just reach level 4) i have found that unless im pitted against bots. i must grind at battles 1 tier higher than i am. at most im lucky to get 1-3 other poor suckers with me who are really just around to be put out of our misery soon after a battle begins due to just being out classed. dont get me wrong here, i dont mean out player classed i mean out ranged, spotted, hit, out maneuvered, times it by 1-2 enemy ships same class one tier higher and well 3 shots your either dead , running for your life, or totally wrecked, on fire and just fighting to stay alive for 30 more seconds. my guns are under powered against them i barely do damage and find myself firing 20+ volleys to even make a dint, thats if i survive this long. my question is why is it permanently putting me in these matchups (even my new destroyer tier 4) was thrown first battle against tier 5's. is there a trick to staying in my own class range? is it because im not spending money atm to run premium account?

now this actually gets worse aswell i invited 2 mates to play third downloading as i type, but im not allowed to use your promo because it refused to give me a link until they had accounts then once it finally did, they were knocked back for playing a bit while waiting. is there a way you can fix this to give my friends their ship i promised them for coming along for the ride? i will try it again now for the third player so hopefully one gets the ship i suppose. the others though are kind of off it so this might be something to look into.

last but not least, fleeting up with my friends we quickly found it was an even worse choice than going alone. we continuously found ourselves in tier 3 ships fighting tier 4-5 battles only. we tryed to reduce the tier by running tier 1's except for 1 person at a time in a 3. this still gained us and our team a killer matchup against same 3-4 tiers with tier 1 ships. my question here is you promote team play co-op bring a friend but then the game itself scissor kicks you in the throat for it. as if we are actually being penalised for being friends.

you promote team work etc. but the game hates you for it and its actually a handy cap to for a little fleet. we now dont fleet and count down to press the battle button then hope we get the same match and same team, which is rare as a lotto win or your link to invite friends with rewards. this is literally making new comers like us frustrated and quick to retire or want to. why?

our conclusion to this is pay for premium or die, must be the only way to be the top tier scissor kicking the non payers for the entirety of their game.

6 posts
306 battles

update: my third friend had the link excepted so 1 out of three. seems to work something you guys and gals might need to look into. 

753 posts
8,965 battles

The MM will put you and your friends division based on the tier of your highest ship.

At tier 1 to 4 there is a +/-1 MM spread but wait, it gets worse at tier 5 and above which has a +/-2 MM spread.

Don't expose your ships broadside for too long or you will be instantly deleted in no time. Use the WASD hack, aka, slow down, speed up and always turn to throw off your enemies aim.

Try using only HE shells until you learn how to aim better and where to hit citadels, that way at least you do damage with almost every salvo especially if you start fires. 

As for the invite a friend aspect, it can be a bit tricky. Best thing to do once you have figured it out is to get your friends to start another account before they advance too far.

Hope this helps.

Edited by Trojan63

Super Tester
2,725 posts

The battle tier for ship tier 1~4 is +/-1. For tier 4 ship, you may go up against enemy team compose of tier 3~4 or tier 4~5 ships

The battle tier for ship tier 5 & above is +/-2. For tier 7 ship, you may go up against enemy team compose of tier 5~7, 6~8, or 7~9 ships.

While in division with friends, the matchmaking system will based on highest tier of the 3 & ignore the rest. So it is advisable to play in the same tier ship.

This matchmatching system is still being used since closed beta and it's still working & subject for further improvement. 

*see this article regarding matchmaking & division: http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Battle_Mechanics_(WoWS)

If you need guide for newbies like you, there is a step by step video guide on the game mechanics, etc.: http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Naval_Academy_Online

The rest after the video guide, it's up to you to read the advance stuff: http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/World_of_Warships

Reply back if you have more clarification.

6 posts
306 battles

wow yea makes sense, thnx guys good helpful tips and the vids are a god send we all watchin em now. god speed gentlemen see you on the high seas.

Sign in to follow this