You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Torchwood5

Is it worth trying to increase Kurfurst's concealment or should I solely focus on increasing survivability

17 comments in this topic

556 posts
8,197 battles

So right now I have Concealment Mod installed, but the guides on the wiki suggest I should avoid building concealment. Should I avoid it or keep trying to increase it's stealth capability?

[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,281 posts

It's a massive ship to conceal!

I'm not sure that even with a Captain with CE, you would get it's spotted distance down to an acceptable level.

I'd go with a build to increase it survivability.

Video Contributor
2,262 posts
10,782 battles

Full concealment on GK and Yamato are useless

Build secondary guns is better choice for both and Yamato can use full fireproof 

AR SI BFT AFT MFC

OR SI/BFT AFT MFC IFHE

I use SI AFT MFC IFHE now

Upgrade use concealment is ok

Edited by Onlinegamer

372 posts
10,097 battles

I use concealment on my Yamato and will use it on kurfurst and Montana as well, getting spotted at a lower distance lets you disengage or get into a good position more easily and is very useful in just about every game.

[MEGA]
4,562 posts
17,548 battles

always have concealment, it allows you to disengage, and since the GK is big, fat and gets shot at by everyone, the concealment you have will allow you to run away and heal

Super Tester
562 posts
4,462 battles

I don't use concealment on any German BBs. My job is to draw fire not hide from the opposing team.  However my GK captain is specifically built to counter fires and flooding. So max is 3 fires as well as my fires last no longer than 42 seconds. 

I started with concealment but I'm getting 50% better damage output without it.

Basically you have to work out which approach works best for you. 

Good luck 

372 posts
10,097 battles
1 hour ago, Onlinegamer said:

try to use secondary guns + IFHE

trust me

kek 67k

shot-17.06.17_16.00.12-0618-crop.jpg

Secondary build relies on the enemy being completely idiotic and sailing into your secondary range. Concealment build on the other hand is always useful, you can disengage to heal up more easily, you can flank without being spotted prematurely ect.

[LNA]
1,658 posts
10,425 battles
34 minutes ago, WongSongMing said:

Secondary build relies on the enemy being completely idiotic and sailing into your secondary range. Concealment build on the other hand is always useful, you can disengage to heal up more easily, you can flank without being spotted prematurely ect.

Strength maximus.

I do not fear one' who practice 10000 kicks one time time , i fear one who practice 1 kick 10000 times.

[LNA]
1,658 posts
10,425 battles
13 minutes ago, humusz said:

full stealh with full secondary is feasible

why not both ?

You will miss out some really really good stuff if you go that way though , Fire Prevention is so much of a life saver , and those skills on the 2nd and 3rd row are also very very useful like Super Intendant , Vigilance or the Jack of all Trades ,... etc

683 posts
7,332 battles

Personal opinion.

If you happen to play alone a lot more than in a division, concealment is always good, as mentioned by others. However in GK you will have to give up on maximum secondary build (which is kinda situational, but when it comes, it is very useful).

1,106 posts
7,834 battles
5 hours ago, legionary2099 said:

You will miss out some really really good stuff if you go that way though , Fire Prevention is so much of a life saver , and those skills on the 2nd and 3rd row are also very very useful like Super Intendant , Vigilance or the Jack of all Trades ,... etc

You can live without fire prevention. you can substitute with flags for example

how many games you make use those 1 extra heal superintendent give. 1 out of 5 games ? 1 out of 10 ?

Jack of all trade not that good imo. you can substitute it with flag no prob

Vigilance ? even if you see torps early or with hydro active, kurfurst is to large you will mostly eat some anyway

there lots of things to considerate based on playstyle

but for me, i will prioritize stealh. 

My kurfurst were kinda un-orthodox build for min maxing with Tirpitz 

which took quite a while before  the skills picked "click" with both ships

Edited by humusz

Super Tester
7,526 posts
7,978 battles

BBs are meant to remain visible and drawing attention of enemy BBs while negating incoming damage via angling and out maneuvering. I don't think you need concealment on a GK. There are far better options to invest 4 points.

312 posts
10,043 battles

Concealment module ? Yes, you have active sonar already :)
Concealment expert ? No, I only recommend iowa and north carolina to learn CE

412 posts
9,218 battles

I put CE on BBs only on USN BBs because lol detection range

North Carolina has 11.8km concealment with CE+Concealment Module

New Mexico has 11.9km concealment with CE

as comparison, Cleveland has 11.4km concealment with CE

Other than USN BBs, i dunno. My Bismarck is secondary build (no CE) and my Kaiser is AA build (also no CE). IMO being survive with the help of good rudder shift, good damage control and good AA is better choice than being concealed I guess, although you can survive better when concealed =w=