Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
yangdup

BBs

31 comments in this topic

23 posts
3,048 battles

It is really annoying when a ZAO is yoloing toward you to torp from point blank range and all you can do is either bounce  or overpen (got 7 overpen ). I honestly think BBs are really useless they are really dependent on the RNG either good roll or not, all you can control is the position to have a good influence in the BB which in the end depends on the RNG too. Before it used too be like a food chain the BBs destroy cruisers and the cruisers destroy DDs , but now even the cruisers have a proper advantage and DDs can easily kill you. AND just to prove i am not wrong me and my best friend played in 5 tiers starting from kongo ,new mexico  , Corolado, Amagi and Izumo each of them we played 16 battles. ( yea the NO. of trials are less ) 
Our average was 57% win ( Also remember not all games were favourable we were up tiered too)

damage 70,000
exp 1175 
and here is what we found out of all battles our BBs survival was a mier 37% the outlier was Kongo with 52% survival ( kongo is tier 5 and a good ship and not much ships that can do good harm ) 
out 80 battles we survived 47 battles only 
out of the 33 time we died 20 by fire 8 by flood and 5 time only by either shells or CV ( also the ones where a fire is going to kill me but some dude take a KS is counted BTW)
so all in all we found out that RNG is a really big part of BB's life , now i am not saying to make BBs invincible but its not fun when you play BBs do everything right but the game does not reward you instead you take a butt-tone of torps. 
JUST FIX SOME STUFF (LIKE IZUMO Pls) . :)

Beta Tester
603 posts
6,753 battles

Battleships are the most effective and easiest to play class in the game.  If you can aim, and can position your ship properly, then you will be consistently successful in battleships.  You literally need two skills.

These ships need nerfs, not buffs.

341 posts
3,994 battles

If you're getting bounces, you're shooting the wrong target or aiming at the wrong place.

If you're missing entire salvoes often, you aren't leading right.

If you're eating torpedoes frequently, overextending etc. you aren't making full use of your half-minute reload to examine your surroundings.

If you're burning down or flooding out often, you are not managing your consumables properly.

Also, the Zao and many other Tier X cruisers have good or trollish citadel protection due to sloped armour etc. - Think how many times BBs delete angled cruisers ridiculously. They deserve it after all the grinding.

Battleships are incredibly forgiving survivability wise, and do massive damage when shots connect- A single regular penetration eats 10% of a cruiser's health. If mediocre accuracy and stuff puts you off, play a less forgiving class. And if you think your performance proves you are right, you're actually already above server averages in battleships and your top 8 ships with the highest average damage are all battleships, so I'm willing to believe otherwise. I check my statistics on asia.warships.today. A culture of complaining or asking for unreasonable buffs already stereotypes battleship players and you need not make it worse. This is the factual truth, and I advise you to appreciate the class for its pros and cons rather than asking it to be what you want.

Sincerely, a player that has battleships as his highest rated class and is very disappointed by complaints people have on them.

1,124 posts

over-pen are plague of BB AP shell that can not be avoided.

I lost count how many time I land a well aim, perfect salvo at full broadside CA/CL and end up over-pen

for me, citadel hit are not worth a brain damage anymore.

so nowadays I mainly use HE even I'm on BB.

turn out, it's more enjoyable than I though!

no more over-pen or auto-bounce, low critical damage, but higher minimal damage.

can do well on every ship type at every angle.

even when I got yamato, I still shoot HE for sure lol

Super Tester
7,512 posts
7,978 battles

I agree with OP though, it is almost impossible to counter a zao if he is yolo torping you and you are a 406mm battleship. You literally cannot do anything, might as well just try to ram him while you can. I have played around 500 games to know that.

But does that mean BBs need a buff? Nope. Every time you lose 1v1 with something, doesn't always mean there is a necessity for buff. If you make battleships as accurate as cruisers, there wont be any reason to play cruisers. And taking torp is always your misplay.

Again, do BBs need nerfs? I don't think so either. Big gun, big damage, that's what they are, deal with it.

[151ST]
1,008 posts
4,494 battles

Sounds to me like positioning, the only other justification for what you've described is a team collapse.

Position and planning is god for BBs, you should never be letting any torp ships even get close enough to torp you, specially Zao with those 8km monstrousities.

Where were your allies!? Where was your support?

As to the 'wider issue', there isn't one. 

Edited by S4pp3R

496 posts
4,163 battles
13 hours ago, yangdup said:

It is really annoying when a ZAO is yoloing toward you to torp from point blank range and all you can do is either bounce  or overpen (got 7 overpen ). I honestly think BBs are really useless they are really dependent on the RNG either good roll or not, all you can control is the position to have a good influence in the BB which in the end depends on the RNG too. Before it used too be like a food chain the BBs destroy cruisers and the cruisers destroy DDs , but now even the cruisers have a proper advantage and DDs can easily kill you. AND just to prove i am not wrong me and my best friend played in 5 tiers starting from kongo ,new mexico  , Corolado, Amagi and Izumo each of them we played 16 battles. ( yea the NO. of trials are less ) 
Our average was 57% win ( Also remember not all games were favourable we were up tiered too)

damage 70,000
exp 1175 
and here is what we found out of all battles our BBs survival was a mier 37% the outlier was Kongo with 52% survival ( kongo is tier 5 and a good ship and not much ships that can do good harm ) 
out 80 battles we survived 47 battles only 
out of the 33 time we died 20 by fire 8 by flood and 5 time only by either shells or CV ( also the ones where a fire is going to kill me but some dude take a KS is counted BTW)
so all in all we found out that RNG is a really big part of BB's life , now i am not saying to make BBs invincible but its not fun when you play BBs do everything right but the game does not reward you instead you take a butt-tone of torps. 
JUST FIX SOME STUFF (LIKE IZUMO Pls) . :)

i am not gonna lie but i think you should be more worried over a Zao sitting at maximum range pouring fire like a kutuzov onto your deck
and worry about yolo atagos with their forward torps, if you are in a range where a sensible zao can yolo torp you.... your position isn't at a right place or something is really wrong.

"but now even the cruisers have a proper advantage and DDs can easily kill you. AND just to prove i am not wrong me and my best friend played in 5 tiers starting from kongo ,new mexico  , Corolado, Amagi and Izumo each of them we played 16 battles. ( yea the NO. of trials are less ) "
idk what you are yapping about IJN line when they were there since the beginning of the game this statment is long over due

the only fun part of being a BB is when you literally 1 slavo cruisers at the start of game.
and literally 3 minutes into game i ate 5 ap montana at 20km and sank....... i did no damage only fired 1 salvo.... and i sank...... it's not fun when that happens

Beta Tester
733 posts
3,155 battles
24 minutes ago, Velvet_Scarlantina said:

See... That's a BB player who knows what he is doing!

Really now, a BB player should know when it's best to fire and the best time to shoot an IJN CA (minus Atago/Takao) is when they're about to torp you because their torp arc requires them to be fully broadsides. If you're fast enough (and with a little luck that RNG won't screw you up) you can insta-delete them before they can even drop their torps on you.

I try that everytime and it works most of the times.

372 posts
10,085 battles
10 hours ago, PGM991 said:

over-pen are plague of BB AP shell that can not be avoided.

I lost count how many time I land a well aim, perfect salvo at full broadside CA/CL and end up over-pen

for me, citadel hit are not worth a brain damage anymore.

so nowadays I mainly use HE even I'm on BB.

turn out, it's more enjoyable than I though!

no more over-pen or auto-bounce, low critical damage, but higher minimal damage.

can do well on every ship type at every angle.

even when I got yamato, I still shoot HE for sure lol

Spams HE in BBs. Thinks it's effective. Sigh..... 

Edited by WongSongMing

496 posts
4,163 battles
5 minutes ago, WongSongMing said:

1 of my clan mates do HE most of the time but he change to AP at appropriate time to citadel broadside enemies
there is a Higher chance of fire in BB than Cruisers well some.
but it still give you assured damage over the chances of firing at some bow on BB like most of the USN's BB , they gonna bow on what else can you do ? especially those camping high tier games where every1 is behind island or just bow / angled towards you? HE and fire will help alot.

23 posts
3,048 battles
9 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

I agree with OP though, it is almost impossible to counter a zao if he is yolo torping you and you are a 406mm battleship. You literally cannot do anything, might as well just try to ram him while you can. I have played around 500 games to know that.

But does that mean BBs need a buff? Nope. Every time you lose 1v1 with something, doesn't always mean there is a necessity for buff. If you make battleships as accurate as cruisers, there wont be any reason to play cruisers. And taking torp is always your misplay.

Again, do BBs need nerfs? I don't think so either. Big gun, big damage, that's what they are, deal with it.

BUT... the most annoying part of the 1 VS 1 with the ZAO was he was bloody flat broad side and i did like 7000 damage only

23 posts
3,048 battles
12 hours ago, InterconKW said:

If you're getting bounces, you're shooting the wrong target or aiming at the wrong place.

If you're missing entire salvoes often, you aren't leading right.

If you're eating torpedoes frequently, overextending etc. you aren't making full use of your half-minute reload to examine your surroundings.

If you're burning down or flooding out often, you are not managing your consumables properly.

Also, the Zao and many other Tier X cruisers have good or trollish citadel protection due to sloped armour etc. - Think how many times BBs delete angled cruisers ridiculously. They deserve it after all the grinding.

Battleships are incredibly forgiving survivability wise, and do massive damage when shots connect- A single regular penetration eats 10% of a cruiser's health. If mediocre accuracy and stuff puts you off, play a less forgiving class. And if you think your performance proves you are right, you're actually already above server averages in battleships and your top 8 ships with the highest average damage are all battleships, so I'm willing to believe otherwise. I check my statistics on asia.warships.today. A culture of complaining or asking for unreasonable buffs already stereotypes battleship players and you need not make it worse. This is the factual truth, and I advise you to appreciate the class for its pros and cons rather than asking it to be what you want.

Sincerely, a player that has battleships as his highest rated class and is very disappointed by complaints people have on them.

stats are stats buddy i got the maths 

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

how come the Zao able to get close to you?

well that does not really matter since you can find

Moskva just Bow on and tank all the BB sized shells

Hindenburg just penetrate other BB

DM just literally make a mobile No-flight zone

372 posts
10,085 battles
4 hours ago, ShiraYukira said:

1 of my clan mates do HE most of the time but he change to AP at appropriate time to citadel broadside enemies
there is a Higher chance of fire in BB than Cruisers well some.
but it still give you assured damage over the chances of firing at some bow on BB like most of the USN's BB , they gonna bow on what else can you do ? especially those camping high tier games where every1 is behind island or just bow / angled towards you? HE and fire will help alot.

You don't spam HE and switch to ap for broadside targets, by the time you've reloaded they won't be broadside anymore. You use ap as the main ammo and switch to HE for bow on targets. Ap isn't completely useless against bow on ships, if their cruisers overmatch the bow, if their bbs shoot the superstructure. 

If you want to spam HE then play a cruiser, the per minute dpm and fire chance is far higher than BBs.

[151ST]
1,008 posts
4,494 battles
On 2017-6-16 at 6:08 PM, WongSongMing said:

You don't spam HE and switch to ap for broadside targets, by the time you've reloaded they won't be broadside anymore. You use ap as the main ammo and switch to HE for bow on targets. Ap isn't completely useless against bow on ships, if their cruisers overmatch the bow, if their bbs shoot the superstructure. 

If you want to spam HE then play a cruiser, the per minute dpm and fire chance is far higher than BBs.

I wouldn't even bother then, use of HE should be ultra-rare.

Reason?

Why are you shooting a bow-on enemy? There should be someone to shoot that's a more optimum target.

And if there isn't, I've still had more success with AP. If an enemy BB fires HE at me, I laugh...

Super Tester
1,310 posts
On 6/16/2017 at 10:56 AM, WongSongMing said:

its effective sometimes.

i remember my friend @xscore got witherer, confederate. HC. 200k ish damage in his NC.. 

well if u see witherer. u know what i mean.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles
1 hour ago, ReNation said:

its effective sometimes.

i remember my friend @xscore got witherer, confederate. HC. 200k ish damage in his NC.. 

well if u see witherer. u know what i mean.

It means the enemy sucks at dodging or just do Bow tanking

1,124 posts

I love BB HE shell.

even a full broadside CA, shoot AP against it still got 8 out of 10 chance to over-pen,

but I'm not an idiot to fire HE all the time, I shot HE 70% AP 30% (even so, AP shell still give me idiot over-pen)

Spoiler

that citadel hit is came form HE shell and CL full broadside. (if I use AP, it'll already over-pen)

devastating strike came form delete DD with HE salvo.

shot-17.06.15_02.52.13-0214.jpg

it's lose, yeah, but I still feel so satisfy from this match.

Beta Tester
902 posts
4,189 battles

Pick your targets, know what and where to shoot. If you see a 15.0km cruiser coming towards your BB, you don't aim at 15.0k, you aim at something like 14.8km. You shoot where they will be, not where they are. It doesn't matter if your shell overpens if you overpen the citadel (I think that's how overpen citadels work)

And if a Japanese CA is rushing you, don't be greedy. When he is more or less broadside, aim to pen, not to citadel. Even if you deal 5k per shell, 10 out of 12 shells of a Bismarck would kill that Zao.

Edited by FishyPower

[MEGA]
4,560 posts
17,542 battles
1 hour ago, FishyPower said:

Pick your targets, know what and where to shoot. If you see a 15.0km cruiser coming towards your BB, you don't aim at 15.0k, you aim at something like 14.8km. You shoot where they will be, not where they are. It doesn't matter if your shell overpens if you overpen the citadel (I think that's how overpen citadels work)

And if a Jap CA is rushing you, don't be greedy. When he is more or less broadside, aim to pen, not to citadel. Even if you deal 5k per shell, 10 out of 12 shells of a Bismarck would kill that Zao.

better edit that b4 u get banned

Sign in to follow this