You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
arcticavengerz

What ship to look out for the 16 June(My birdday) sale?

22 comments in this topic

33 posts
4,464 battles

Hey Kapitans,

Will the sale have big discounts? Might be considering getting another after having so much fun with Buyfast(Belfast) previously. Just got back after taking a long break from WOWS.

Senpai Fairuh , FenrirApalis & Generalhetzer might remember me.....

We're all scared. You hid in that ditch because you think there's still hope. But Blithe, the only hope you have is to accept the fact that you're already dead, and the sooner you accept that, the sooner you'll be able to function as a soldier's supposed to function. Without mercy, without compassion, without remorse. All war depends on it.  - Lt. Speirs

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

None, there's a bunch of great games coming out or a bunch of great games that have been coming out lately.

As someone who's been playing Wargaming titles since WoT's early days I can only give you this suggestion:

Wait with buying premium content until the game's in a good state of development, that's when you'll have the most fun and get the most

value for your money.

Unless you want to buy a Saipan and don't mind abusing broken game mechanics that belong to a game in it's alpha state and not release,

then fire away and have fun...

Super Tester
7,583 posts
8,005 battles

Well, if you want something more balanced than Belfast, Kutuzov is right there, she's in the tech tree. So if you get free doubloons from somewhere or a discount on doubloons, might consider buying her. All you need is a captain with SI, DE and IFHE.

And if you want another recently broken premium, Lo Yang has no counter play!

Super Tester
2,314 posts
7,096 battles

Tier 7 CV will be a female dog espicially with the fecal matter-pan going back on sale.

"It's fine and perfectly balanced" 

Yea right. I wipe my posterior end with that remark with regards to fecal matter-pan

505 posts
4,176 battles
2 minutes ago, drakon233 said:

happy birth day

prem ships eh? grab a MK, belfast, saipan, loyang or a blys(im not sure if it's in the shop or not tho)

blys with doubloon in game tech tree i think

112 posts
1,553 battles

Wow just saw the ships on sale as well.

Is there any you might recomend (or have a love/hate relationship with:?)?
Theres the:

De Grasse

Mikhail

Saipan

Shcarnshorst

Belfast

Lo Yang

Arizona

Warspite

Perth

Molatov and a few others :3

Thinking of the Saipan, also perth but apparently its just a gimicky ship.

Is the Lo Yang any good:?

[LNA]
1,667 posts
10,498 battles

Lo yang is op with the new german hydro slapped on it, it can now charge smoke , pop hydro and kill dd while still enjoying high stealth and us made maneuverability.

So much for the balance dept, it is quite op now as there are not many dd who run away quick enough if stop in smoke and can out knife fight it

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

I am pretty sure it should be "Birthday"

The Saipan, Belfast, Kutuzov are the main cause of headache that happens to many player

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

Lo Yang, Kutuzov, Sims and Belfast are best premiums you can get at this point Saipan is optional you can buy it only when you are really interested in CV play...

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

Show some love for Scharhost too :3

The ship is so much fun - Cruiser/BB Hybrid, and whats more to LOL at the Cruiser while brawling with BBs :Smile_playing:

Yes it isn't broken like my once-BW/CBT-beloved Saipan, but sure as hell Scharhost is incredibly fun to mess around with.

Beta Tester
902 posts
4,279 battles
1 hour ago, Aaditya_AJ said:

Lo Yang, Kutuzov, Sims and Belfast are best premiums you can get at this point Saipan is optional you can buy it only when you are really interested in CV play...

Hold off the USS Sims. It isn't a easy boat to play but the supposed "hidden exp" coefficient is awesome. I'm not sure if it has a high credit coefficient too though

1,174 posts
10,495 battles
23 hours ago, FishyPower said:

Hold off the USS Sims. It isn't a easy boat to play but the supposed "hidden exp" coefficient is awesome. I'm not sure if it has a high credit coefficient too though

Sims has good credit coefficient...And it is not that hard to play if you have experience with mahan...

IMO Atago works extremely well for me I almost earn 400k without flags(I have premium account tho)..But I wouldn't recommend Atago because it is hard to play.. where as Kutuzov you can basically smoke any where and shoot at a target 19kms away from you..

[LNA]
1,667 posts
10,498 battles
5 minutes ago, Aaditya_AJ said:

Sims has good credit coefficient...And it is not that hard to play if you have experience with mahan...

IMO Atago works extremely well for me I almost earn 400k without flags(I have premium account tho)..But I wouldn't recommend Atago because it is hard to play.. where as Kutuzov you can basically smoke any where and shoot at a target 19kms away from you..

Kutuzov is even harder to play well because it depends much on team support , it require a good captain n it require u to sit back n camp which isnt exactly wr friendly not to mention big citadel.

Atago is much more noob friendly and less dependant on team

Beta Tester
902 posts
4,279 battles
2 minutes ago, Aaditya_AJ said:

The few things about Sims

Pros:

+ HIGH ROF (Add DE for fire and walk shots onto target)

+ Quality Maneuverability (That turning radius is TIGHT. Seriously tight)

+ High Speed (Not the best, but it does its job)

+ Technically can stealth torp

+ Pretty good AA IMO (Maybe it's just me driving my Kamikaze for too long)

+ Murica Smoke (Lasts for long time, unlike *coughs*)

+ Good Contribution:Reward ratio

Cons:

- SLOW torpedo speed (We call it the "Water mine")

- High arc (It takes skills and experience to hit an dodging DD, but your ROF compensates for that)

Beta Tester
902 posts
4,279 battles
Just now, legionary2099 said:

Kutuzov is even harder to play well because it depends much on team support , it require a good captain n it require u to sit back n camp which isnt exactly wr friendly not to mention big citadel.

Atago is much more noob friendly and less dependant on team

Or you can just get the Derpitz

Super Tester
7,583 posts
8,005 battles

All the tier 8 premiums are extremely good credit grinders, specially Atago and Prinz. Sims, Atlanta and Tirpitz are one of he best free exp grinders which leads to Missouri, the best credit grinder in the game. Imagine what you earn in a good Atago game, you earn that much in a Co-Op with Missouri. You can also buy premium camo (permanent) to make any ship (that has the option) into a credit / xp grinder. Including T10 ships.

Beta Tester
902 posts
4,279 battles
6 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

All the tier 8 premiums are extremely good credit grinders, specially Atago and Prinz. Sims, Atlanta and Tirpitz are one of he best free exp grinders which leads to Missouri, the best credit grinder in the game. Imagine what you earn in a good Atago game, you earn that much in a Co-Op with Missouri. You can also buy premium camo (permanent) to make any ship (that has the option) into a credit / xp grinder. Including T10 ships.

Sims and Atlanta are T7s and my Anshan disagrees

Super Tester
7,583 posts
8,005 battles
9 hours ago, FishyPower said:

Sims and Atlanta are T7s and my Anshan disagrees

And what makes you think I don't know they are tier 7s? Or did you not notice the full stop after Prinz?  You might disagree but your Anshan does not have an extreme XP modifier like sims. Also, every tier increase also increases XP gain. That way, t6 ships earn less than t7 etc. I know that Anshan has special modifier, it is still not like sims. Let's not even compare to t8s. I own almost all the premiums ships of t8 to t6, I don't know what you are talking about.

Edited by icy_phoenix

Beta Tester
902 posts
4,279 battles
On 6/21/2017 at 7:44 PM, icy_phoenix said:

And what makes you think I don't know they are tier 7s? Or did you not notice the full stop after Prinz?  You might disagree but your Anshan does not have an extreme XP modifier like sims. Also, every tier increase also increases XP gain. That way, t6 ships earn less than t7 etc. I know that Anshan has special modifier, it is still not like sims. Let's not even compare to t8s. I own almost all the premiums ships of t8 to t6, I don't know what you are talking about.

Dangit, the full stop. Sims is a special case, being an owner, I know what you're talking about. Atlanta is a bit meh, but I can't seem to make it work, so not gonna comment. No tier 8s, but I think it really comes down to how good a player you are. If you're good, both would be about the same, if you're meh, then I think the Anshan would be better.