Jump to content
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
A_Fedup_Player

Change your friendly fire colour NOT RED

16 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Member
5 posts
202 battles

Hi Wargamming, Thanks for making such a visually awesome game mode and concept.    

 

    But can you please take some common sense learned from World Of Tanks.   They made a person who is responsible for friendly fire a light BLUE to avoid anyone in future games

for mistaking them as enemy and shooting them, thus turning themsleves into a team killer.   ATM you have produced a potential circle because players like "[Content removed]" can't tell

the difference between your Pink/red from Orange and proceed to just continually offload salvo after salvo into friendly ships.   (over 11 shots, obviously not the sharpest tool in the shed, but

guys you  have to understand, people who play this game aren't always of the average stock)

    In the army we had a saying "if your instructions can be misunderstood, they already have been"

So what that means is, if what your about to make, say, do isn't so obvious even the dumbest space cadet can work it out, it has already been misunderstood.   ERGO a waste of time, money and effort.

KEEP IT SIMPLE for STUPID or "KISS" we also had to apply.

Now the reason I was turned red also needs to be addressed.   If I'm in a battleship, stationary using a island as cover, engaging enemy warships.   And some bad@gaming/situationally inept player in 

a scout cruiser comes flying into me and dies, how does that fall to be my fault????

Not only does he get compensated for stupidity or rewarded for being bad/doing it wrong. in the end promoting antisocial behaviour(And getting turned RED as well).   I get punished for doing the right thing

and turned PINKY RED that daft players like "[Content removed]" mistake as enemy and spend 1/2 of their game trying to shoot you to death.(Even though you start the game side by side, and you take out 1 enemy and heavily damage 3 others....but to recieve 5k damage from the person whom started right beside you WTH!!!)   (T1's look pretty slick btw, hanging to own my 1st high level battleship.)

 

So basically 2 notes.

1.   Pinky/red is confusing as some bot programs/players can't tell the colour difference from orange.  And maybe consult with someone colour blind as they do play the game as well and that maybe a issue.

2.   Stop rewarding the player that runs into a friendly.  This is the 2nd time its occurred to me, and its about the only tiresome thing to the game.

 

Naming and Shaming, Post edited, User warned

~Fridaynight_FEVER

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[MEGA]
Member
4,563 posts
17,557 battles

1. no one apart from you has a problem with the colors of ships, their damn health bars(the massive one above every ship) are red and blue, VERY EASY TO TELL, if you still managed to TK someone then that's ur problem. and as for the guy who shot you, that was intentional TK , some one shot you because you were pink? that's their problem for not understanding game mechanics, get out of low tiers and people will know not to, or they might still shoot you for being a TKer, that's life and unless you file a ticket then you have to just deal with it

2nd running into a friendly does negligible damage, so unless you shot him he wouldn't have died, end of story

Edited by drakon233

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
733 posts
3,155 battles
1 hour ago, drakon233 said:

2nd running into a friendly does negligible damage, so unless you shot him he wouldn't have died, end of story

Or the guy who ran into you had less than 10HP. Otherwise, he can't die, but if he do that, that can be considered abusing the TK mechanics and should be reported.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LLBC]
Member
747 posts
6,856 battles
5 minutes ago, Shiroyasha_Gintoki said:

Or the guy who ran into you had less than 10HP. Otherwise, he can't die, but if he do that, that can be considered abusing the TK mechanics and should be reported.

 

The worse one, and more easily abusable would be non-pink players running into the already pink players so to extend the TK penalty matches. Now I need to make sure I won't crash into any of the pinkies knowing that I would lengthen their suffering.

Edited by Admiral_Neptulussus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Super Tester
2,725 posts
3 hours ago, A_Fedup_Player said:

So basically 2 notes.

1.   Pinky/red is confusing as some bot programs/players can't tell the colour difference from orange.  And maybe consult with someone colour blind as they do play the game as well and that maybe a issue.

2.   Stop rewarding the player that runs into a friendly.  This is the 2nd time its occurred to me, and its about the only tiresome thing to the game.

 

For colorblind people?We already have that. It's already in the settings for long time. See screenshot below.

594205a7a8440_shot-17_06.15_12_54.21-0518-Copy.thumb.jpg.5a8a91c1d18ab74558ecc9eee723219f.jpg

Edited by Mingfang47

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
2,221 posts
13,691 battles
3 hours ago, A_Fedup_Player said:

........

1.   Pinky/red is confusing as some bot programs/players can't tell the colour difference from orange.  And maybe consult with someone colour blind as they do play the game as well and that maybe a issue.

2.   Stop rewarding the player that runs into a friendly.  This is the 2nd time its occurred to me, and its about the only tiresome thing to the game.

1. Orange?

2. They don't reward them.

 

3 hours ago, A_Fedup_Player said:

..... Now the reason I was turned red also needs to be addressed. ...

If you turned pink it is probably because you shot him. Don't shoot your allies!

 

AFAIK the colors are green, red, yellow, and pink. Not green, orange, yellow, pinky/red. So I would say that you have trouble with the colors.

shot-17_06.15_14_06.12-0636.jpg.a075a25902c53b87657798edc30e623d.jpg

 

Oh and BTW you are naming and shaming, which is not allowed. You should remove the players name.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4
[TOGN]
Beta Tester
115 posts
13,317 battles

you eventually get use to this game the more you play and  i been pink couple of times this year playing destroyers in lower tiers a couple of times and ex wot player      

Edited by stick3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
5 posts
202 battles
On 2017-6-15 at 9:03 AM, drakon233 said:

1. no one apart from you has a problem with the colors of ships, their damn health bars(the massive one above every ship) are red and blue, VERY EASY TO TELL, if you still managed to TK someone then that's ur problem. and as for the guy who shot you, that was intentional TK , some one shot you because you were pink? that's their problem for not understanding game mechanics, get out of low tiers and people will know not to, or they might still shoot you for being a TKer, that's life and unless you file a ticket then you have to just deal with it

2nd running into a friendly does negligible damage, so unless you shot him he wouldn't have died, end of story

I can't get out of low tiers till I get xp enough for higher, or is that too hard to understand for you???? like my key message stated through my agitation.   PINK = confusion, blue =  friendly fire doer.   OMG really simple to understand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
5 posts
202 battles
On 2017-6-15 at 11:58 AM, Mingfang47 said:

 

For colorblind people?We already have that. It's already in the settings for long time. See screenshot below.

594205a7a8440_shot-17_06.15_12_54.21-0518-Copy.thumb.jpg.5a8a91c1d18ab74558ecc9eee723219f.jpg

Thanks for that, I'm sure alot of people didn't know, thank you for the non troll response, and the helpful response

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
5 posts
202 battles
On 2017-6-15 at 10:29 AM, Shiroyasha_Gintoki said:

Or the guy who ran into you had less than 10HP. Otherwise, he can't die, but if he do that, that can be considered abusing the TK mechanics and should be reported.

Incorrect.   It's how I turned Pink.   I was stationary and got ran into by a nearly dead Destroyer moving full tilt.   He died I was rewarded Pink.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
733 posts
3,155 battles
1 minute ago, A_Fedup_Player said:

Incorrect.   It's how I turned Pink.   I was stationary and got ran into by a nearly dead Destroyer moving full tilt.   He died I was rewarded Pink.

I did said "otherwise" didn't I?

And i said that he should be reported but you didn't report him (or maybe you did? idk) so that's a fault on your end m8.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles
1 minute ago, A_Fedup_Player said:

Incorrect.   It's how I turned Pink.   I was stationary and got ran into by a nearly dead Destroyer moving full tilt.   He died I was rewarded Pink.

Dude

From my understanding he is still correct

(" the guy who ran into you had less than 10HP.")

and yes if someone nearly dead is killed by allied ship

The allied ship take the blame for pinky penalty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
733 posts
3,155 battles
8 minutes ago, A_Fedup_Player said:

I can't get out of low tiers till I get xp enough for higher, or is that too hard to understand for you???? like my key message stated through my agitation.   PINK = confusion, blue =  friendly fire doer.   OMG really simple to understand.

IMO, Blue is even more confusing because...you know, the sky and sea are blue? Making it even harder to tell if the one you're looking at is a friend or foe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
12 posts
362 battles
52 minutes ago, Shiroyasha_Gintoki said:

IMO, Blue is even more confusing because...you know, the sky and sea are blue? Making it even harder to tell if the one you're looking at is a friend or foe.

OMG wow, I've been away for a while due to other commitments, but I almost shot a friendly because the PINK colour is so Close to Orange, in the heat of a fight, it is dangerously to potentially confusing.   So the guy making the comment that to change the colours, this would be very smart.    Now reference Blue being a bad colour, ingame blue is rather easy to spot just like white,green even Yellow etc, all ships are easy to see, hint "large health bar above their head denoting ships location types and health.   So the comment where pink is easy to confuse, it is.   Because the bar itself is the colour reference and a Pink one is close to Orange, ergo the easy confusion.    So Stop fail trolling and make useful statements because it appears your hoping to deflect your failings and just throw insults to make yourself feel better.

 

PS Wargamming, where did my aircraft carriers and Battleships go?   This premium ship you gave me in their stead isn't them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×