Jump to content
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
th3vikings

How to lowa

24 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Member
360 posts
3,693 battles

Just bought her last night. The detection range is quite high after i bought module and my cpt perk. I try to sail together with my team but i always the main focus and 1st to sink. When i stay a little behind i can't seem to get enough dmg. Even the citdael is lowered but she still get massive dmg when expose her broadside when turning. And her ruddleshift is really horrible and it catch fire easily. Lol. Anyone can give some tips to yolo in this extremely long ship? Thanks!

Edited by th3vikings

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4
[TOGN]
Beta Tester
115 posts
13,336 battles

yeah play some acadaca while your twisting , turning and shooting some lead 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
295 posts
6,613 battles

get hull b first so you can get better rudder shit, and also iowa concealment is pretty good actually, you can get to 12.2km detection with CE, Concealment module and camo, stealth iowa is best iowa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
360 posts
3,693 battles
29 minutes ago, Teostra said:

get hull b first so you can get better rudder shit, and also iowa concealment is pretty good actually, you can get to 12.2km detection with CE, Concealment module and camo, stealth iowa is best iowa

i do not have B hull yet and not applied any camo. But i do have CE and concealment module.

Edited by th3vikings

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
295 posts
6,613 battles
14 minutes ago, th3vikings said:

i do not have B hull and not applied any camo. But i do have CE and concealment module.

you should get the hull asap, the range of the guns and the speed is already good enough in stock

my playstyle is using iowa's speed and concealment to my advantage, get undetected to enemy formation, and then firing all broadside when i start turning away and dissapeared, so basically like a hit and run tactic, or maybe like a support battleship

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
360 posts
3,693 battles

Yes. My play style for NC is same as yours but lowa turn too slow and get spotted more easily than NC. Sometimes i get massive dmg when just turning. I will try to get hull b asap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4
[TOGN]
Beta Tester
115 posts
13,336 battles

is the captain under training too ...until the iowa is fully upgraded  and added equipment upgrades that when you notice the difference    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
360 posts
3,693 battles
1 hour ago, stick3 said:

is the captain under training too ...until the iowa is fully upgraded  and added equipment upgrades that when you notice the difference    

yes. there many factors like the player skills, angeling, RNG and etc.

for me my aiming skill is not so good but of course it getting better from the 1st day i played WOW.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4
[TOGN]
Beta Tester
115 posts
13,336 battles

don t  forget to add some signals flags  to  reduce the repair cost  and add  xp to the ship and captain and extra credits it all helps

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
823 posts
4,971 battles
20 hours ago, karrablaster123 said:

 

 

Mighty Mo has better Bow armor and angles, as well as Radar. Iowa is similar, but you must play her more conservatively than a Mighty Mo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
360 posts
3,693 battles
2 hours ago, Pocket_Fox said:

 

Mighty Mo has better Bow armor and angles, as well as Radar. Iowa is similar, but you must play her more conservatively than a Mighty Mo.

I only have to 200k free xp thou after 10 month of playing. I need to play for another 3 year to have 750k free xp. :cap_rambo:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
360 posts
3,693 battles
2 hours ago, drakon233 said:

the frontal armor does nothing, 406 shells cant bow penn anyways and 460 will penn you regardless, it's not a actual buff

yeap. It will still take massive dmg. Sad to say.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
318 posts
6,868 battles

I loved my N.C and was so looking forward to the Iowa... now i really dislike it. I find that most of my shells either bounce or OP. Half the time i just want to sling HE just get some damage and fires. 

 

Pretty much every game i have in this with a win ill get like 50k credits, and for a loss...Ugh.

 

I decided to just leave my Iowa and grind up the German BB's. My FDR nets me some decent money, maybe i just play too aggressive for the Iowa.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
295 posts
6,613 battles
48 minutes ago, Kamanah said:

I loved my N.C and was so looking forward to the Iowa... now i really dislike it. I find that most of my shells either bounce or OP. Half the time i just want to sling HE just get some damage and fires. 

 

Pretty much every game i have in this with a win ill get like 50k credits, and for a loss...Ugh.

 

I decided to just leave my Iowa and grind up the German BB's. My FDR nets me some decent money, maybe i just play too aggressive for the Iowa.

i actually like my Iowa more than N.C, great guns, good gun upgrade (-11% dispersion), really high speed, about 35 knots with flag which is iterally cruiser speed, and also good angling 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×