You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
User_1145141919810

Should Atago be strengthened?

23 comments in this topic

[COAT]
1,183 posts
10,158 battles

As you can see,Atago is almost nothing special compared with Myoko:Slower firing rate,worse rudder and worse AA defense;Same torpedo,almost same HP;Only concealment and turret rotation time is better,and 2 repair party.

So should this ship be strenthened?

Super Tester
813 posts
3,912 battles
2 minutes ago, Kim_JongMion said:

As you can see,Atago is almost nothing special compared with Myoko:Slower firing rate,worse rudder and worse AA defense;Same torpedo,almost same HP;Only concealment and turret rotation time is better,and 2 repair party.

No. Her alpha and fire chance along with her ability to disappear and stealth torp make her a very potent ship. Her repair party gives her leeway for mistakes. She might not be a kutuzov but she is a strong T8 cruiser.

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles

no, gods no, front firing torp/gun arcs, heal, speed, good rudder, stealth, high HE alpha and fire chance, what more could you possibly want? she stood heads and shouders over ALL the T8 CAs before the IFHE buff, and you want to actually buff it, are you insane?

[KGHSF]
3,207 posts
6,043 battles

But she will get shot when turn broadside 

but we could avoid that from salvo shot IDK how to get less being shot no other than stick on rock

Hmm I have no choice but come out and shoot them back

[151ST]
1,013 posts
4,521 battles
11 hours ago, ILLBBACK2604 said:

Atago is a good ship, plus if you employ the correct Captain skills she becomes even better ie CE, IFHE, TAE, Superintendent.

IFHE??

Nooooooooo, she has 203s, that's a horrible idea!

[151ST]
1,013 posts
4,521 battles

Atago is a Ninja, with conceal build she can have 9.1km spotted range, allowing her to stealth torp, as a CA...

Use this stealth to get to around 10km away from enemy CAs and DDs. Then wait for them to be exposed and POW.

2 decently aimed AP salvos and most CAs are limping, if not dead.

You then bug out, throw some torps to give anyone chasing something to think about then rinse, repeat.

[BOTES]
439 posts
3,955 battles

No. As far as her tier is concerned, Atago is already very capable when you set her aside with her contemporaries.

Please refer to my previous comment on your suggestion on the Chinese side of the forum for details.

Edited by 9mm1n

165 posts
2,034 battles

21 hours ago, Kim_JongMion said:

so you want Super-Graviton Cannon?

326 posts
10,532 battles
9 hours ago, ari_aji said:

so you want Super-Graviton Cannon?

Or these instead...

latest?cb=20140530220220

Edited by ArchKongou

496 posts
4,171 battles

No.
you can't really compare a tier 8 to tier 7

On 6/13/2017 at 3:39 PM, Kim_JongMion said:

They both have same gun layout and position
this doesn't mean Atago is inferior in fact i think the gun position is helpful compare to Mogami 's especially on kiting because most people don't like pushing
and speaking of pushing, Atago isn't in a disadvantage in fact Atago have an advantage during pushing, that is her forward firing torpedo.

Worse rudder, that is wrong
the turning radius is just 10 meters more
and atago actually have excellent rudder shift time
i am not sure about people's built personally i use rudder shift upgrade on most of my IJN cruisers especially since stealth on atago doesn't really cut it as increasing the rudder time allows you to dodge some long range AP especially those 460 yamato lol pen shells from long distance.

TL;DR
Atago doesn't need to be strengthened she at her current stage is one of the more balanced ships and doesn't need any changes at her tier and she isn't inferior to myoko

1,342 posts
8,858 battles

I don't have the Atago but I do have the ARP Takao.

I think she is a strong ship. Good guns, good stealth, decent armour and manoeuvrability, she is a great ship all-round. Plus she has a heal to boot. There is a reason she is sometimes called the Paytago. :Smile-_tongue:

295 posts
6,613 battles

Atago is a good ship, Atago used to be the best tier 8 Cruiser until IFHE came, now Kutuzov is better, but Atago is still good.

so no, no buff or anything