You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Somedude_Yudachi

I need some advice

18 comments in this topic

Super Tester
813 posts
3,912 battles
Just now, Somedude_Yudachi said:

If you're using IX-X CV,may I ask how you pass the period when you're in VII and always engage Saipan?

Watch this video each time you face a saipan for motivation to get the Shokaku or Lex:

Video Contributor
2,264 posts
10,789 battles

Well

I just passed Hiryu before Saipan came for a long time(16-17 months ago)

Ranger 202 beat Saipan! And got Lexington until Midway before CV added new feature

Now I have Kaga usually fight Saipan

RUSH CV CRAL! FOLLOW THAT SAIPAN CJ!

Edited by Onlinegamer

1,105 posts
Just now, Onlinegamer said:

Ranger 202 beat Saipan!

really? in term of right click you will win right? 

tumblr_nh0jdoUjKJ1thfia1o1_500.jpg

LETS PLAY RANGER!! are u use dogfighting expert?

i want my revenge on Saipan!!!

Video Contributor
2,264 posts
10,789 battles
2 hours ago, Skarhabek said:

really? in term of right click you will win right? 

tumblr_nh0jdoUjKJ1thfia1o1_500.jpg

LETS PLAY RANGER!! are u use dogfighting expert?

i want my revenge on Saipan!!!

with dogfight still beat Saipan

7 planes w/ dogfight 20% vs 4 planes

1,341 posts
8,858 battles

I was lucky enough to get past tier 7 before exit strafing was introduced. At least back then you could bait and trap his fighters above allied AA. Now there is not much you can do unless the Saipan is potato. My best advice is to either just deal with it or free xp past.

1 hour ago, Onlinegamer said:

with dogfight still beat Saipan

7 planes w/ dogfight 20% vs 4 planes

Any Saipan worth their salt is not going to sit there and let their fighters dogfight you though. They will exit strafe and use the other squadron to strafe in when your own fighters are stunned. :Smile_sad:

783 posts
4,819 battles

Using 013 Ranger will pretty much make you NOT care if the enemy is a Saipan/Hiryuu/Ranger/Kaga and that you only have to worry about FT regardless of what CV you're facing.

Problem solved~
:cap_hmm:

980 posts
12,617 battles
16 hours ago, SZYZWY said:

Using 013 Ranger will pretty much make you NOT care if the enemy is a Saipan/Hiryuu/Ranger/Kaga and that you only have to worry about FT regardless of what CV you're facing.

Problem solved~

Actually a very good point here. 

[LLBC]
747 posts
6,859 battles
On 6/13/2017 at 7:41 PM, SZYZWY said:

Problem solved~

Unless the Kaga gambled hard and snipe you out of the match at the first 5 minutes in the game.

783 posts
4,819 battles
On 6/15/2017 at 7:04 PM, Admiral_Neptulussus said:

Unless the Kaga gambled hard and snipe you out of the match at the first 5 minutes in the game.

All of the other CV loadouts CAN snipe me in my 013 Ranger. So safe to say that that danger isn't only against Kaga.

[LNA]
1,660 posts
10,447 battles
1 hour ago, SZYZWY said:

All of the other CV loadouts CAN snipe me in my 013 Ranger. So safe to say that that danger isn't only against Kaga.

Sniping stop at tier 8 , anyone who still try it are putting their team at extreme disadvantages even if you are successful as 5min into the game is of the utmost importance where ships sunk the fastest

783 posts
4,819 battles
2 hours ago, legionary2099 said:

Sniping stop at tier 8 , anyone who still try it are putting their team at extreme disadvantages even if you are successful as 5min into the game is of the utmost importance where ships sunk the fastest

Sniping is still viable. Of course it involves having quite an amount of skill to pull off properly now at T8, but it's still something one can do.

It's especially useful if the enemy team is actually moving properly, giving you way less targets than usual.
It's also useful if you know the enemy CV player will beat you(or your team) if left to its devices. Which can come in many forms. Sniping can be said to be quite a monkey wrench to that.