Jump to content
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
drakon233

why has my WTR gone to hell

65 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Member
816 posts
4,257 battles
47 minutes ago, drakon233 said:

all of them

Noting that you said your avg dmg and K/D are fine, use them as a measure for skill. Average capture point in destroyers are will also show you how good you are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
816 posts
4,257 battles
19 minutes ago, icy_phoenix said:

Division-ing doesn't automatically give you better WR and WTR. If you are a potato is solo, you will remain potato in a division and vice versa.

Oh no, Divisioning would quite well explain his high WR but poor WTR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,896
[REPOI]
Member
5,513 posts
22,912 battles
Just now, karrablaster123 said:

Noting that you said your avg dmg and K/D are fine, use them as a measure for skill. Average capture point in destroyers are will also show you how good you are.

i haven't played DDs for a long time and i dont really plan to do so for a pretty long time, i feel i can contribiute more in a CA or BB then a DD these day, but i can say for sure that i have denied many caps to DDs and CAs who tried to cap

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
816 posts
4,257 battles
1 minute ago, drakon233 said:

i haven't played DDs for a long time and i dont really plan to do so for a pretty long time, i feel i can contribiute more in a CA or BB then a DD these day, but i can say for sure that i have denied many caps to DDs and CAs who tried to cap

DDs can cap and lay smokes for their allys. While they are not adequately rewarded for these acts, it can mean the difference between defeat and victory.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,799
[SGC]
Super Tester
7,897 posts
8,898 battles

Also WTR looks at flat damage, it doesn't matter if you did that to a DD or a BB. Just get a lot of damage, and do a lot of KS, automatically purple WTR.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
131
[LLBC]
Member
747 posts
7,026 battles
2 minutes ago, karrablaster123 said:

DDs can cap and lay smokes for their allys. While they are not adequately rewarded for these acts, it can mean the difference between defeat and victory.

 

True, and the worst part is that these actions have ZERO contribution to the WTR whatsoever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,896
[REPOI]
Member
5,513 posts
22,912 battles

that's about the only thing that they can do these days, if i play DM(which apart from montana and GK is pretty much all i play these days), i will always aggresively push DDs out of caps, defend caps and radar for the team, things that a DD cant, IMHO radar + damage is more important then DDs, so even if i do div teamplay i wouldnt take DDs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
816 posts
4,257 battles
2 minutes ago, drakon233 said:

that's about the only thing that they can do these days, if i play DM(which apart from montana and GK is pretty much all i play these days), i will always aggresively push DDs out of caps, defend caps and radar for the team, things that a DD cant, IMHO radar + damage is more important then DDs, so even if i do div teamplay i wouldnt take DDs

I'd love to see a spotted Des Moines with no backup smoke cap a base without being devastated by GKs, Yamatos and Montanas. DDs have to be given a bigger role though.

Edited by karrablaster123

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,799
[SGC]
Super Tester
7,897 posts
8,898 battles
Just now, Admiral_Neptulussus said:

 

True, and the worst part is that these actions have ZERO contribution to the WTR whatsoever.

 

You don't judge DDs by WTR, simple as that. That's why I also believe wows-numbers measurements are far better than WTR.

 

9 minutes ago, karrablaster123 said:

Oh no, Divisioning would quite well explain his high WR but poor WTR

 

Well I already explained his poor WTR in one of my earlier posts. Also, division and fishing-division aren't the same. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
816 posts
4,257 battles
Just now, icy_phoenix said:

 

You don't judge DDs by WTR, simple as that. That's why I also believe wows-numbers measurements are far better than WTR.

 

 

Well I already explained his poor WTR in one of my earlier posts. Also, division and fishing-division aren't the same. 

I was explaining the reason for my question, that is all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,896
[REPOI]
Member
5,513 posts
22,912 battles
1 minute ago, karrablaster123 said:

I'd love to see a spotted Des Moines with no backup smoke cap a base without being devastated by GKs, Yamatos and Montanas.

i dont always cap, i do usually do  cap denial, and i have almost never been smoked by DDs on my team but when i need to i can cap just fine thank you very much, it's just a matter of timeing and islands

Edited by drakon233

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
816 posts
4,257 battles
Just now, drakon233 said:

i dont cap, i do cap denial, and i have almost never been smoked by DDs on my team, i cap just fine thank you very muhc

Then you are right. DDs are useless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,896
[REPOI]
Member
5,513 posts
22,912 battles

gidding gud is over rated, i can do fine with out actually going into tryhard mode anyways, but even if i dont exactly go full tryhard i still generally get 100k ish damage in BBs and 90k ish in CAs, so it's not that bad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
6,605 posts
2,889 battles

playing DDs sucks a lot now, especially in high tier

you cant deal much damage unless you are russian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,896
[REPOI]
Member
5,513 posts
22,912 battles
10 minutes ago, Harpoon01 said:

playing DDs sucks a lot now, especially in high tier

you cant deal much damage unless you are russian

it's not that i am peeved about, the thing is it's much harder to contribute in a DD then before, back in the old days, BBs didnt really know how to WASD, how to shoot DDs and even if they did the overpenn damage is quite low, now as soon as a DD lights up for whatever reason the entire enemy team shoots you, oh you want to cap? just let me radar you and you get 4K+ vanished by a BB, if you are lucky enough not to outright deleted, so what's left for DDs? spotting(which might get you radar-ed), smoking(which gives you absolutely no reward if the ship you smoked is stupid and esentally makes you give up you survival trump card), torping (everyone and their mothers knows how to WASD these days). and what's worse, with the removal of invisifire, shooting in a USN/KM DDs has become very very dangerous, if you are hunting even a IJN DD it already very likely that their team's CAs and BBs will inflict massive damage to you, and you cant go back into concealment because lol no invisi fire and anyone within 12km spots you, it's so bad now that if you shoot a IJN DD and he just runs away without resisting , you actually take MORE damage then him, and after he went into concealment you still get spotted, and then their team kills you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
1,325 posts
11,987 battles
4 minutes ago, drakon233 said:

it's not that i am peeved about, the thing is it's much harder to contribute in a DD then before, back in the old days, BBs didnt really know how to WASD, how to shoot DDs and even if they did the overpenn damage is quite low, now as soon as a DD lights up for whatever reason the entire enemy team shoots you, oh you want to cap? just let me radar you and you get 4K+ vanished by a BB, if you are lucky enough not to outright deleted, so what's left for DDs? spotting(which might get you radar-ed), smoking(which gives you absolutely no reward if the ship you smoked is stupid and esentally makes you give up you survival trump card), torping (everyone and their mothers knows how to WASD these days). and what's worse, with the removal of invisifire, shooting in a USN/KM DDs has become very very dangerous, if you are hunting even a IJN DD it already very likely that their team's CAs and BBs will inflict massive damage to you, and you cant go back into concealment because lol no invisi fire and anyone within 12km spots you, it's so bad now that if you shoot a IJN DD and he just runs away without resisting , you actually take MORE damage then him, and after he went into concealment you still get spotted, and then their team kills you


That's High Tier DD gameplay in a nutshell...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
816 posts
4,257 battles
42 minutes ago, drakon233 said:

since when did i say DDs are useless?

It's a slightly exaggerated summary of what you said.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,896
[REPOI]
Member
5,513 posts
22,912 battles
Just now, karrablaster123 said:

It's a slightly exaggerated summary of what you said.

i said "DDs arnt as useful as DM in a division" and "a DM can counter DD capping as well as doing other things"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
330 posts
9,323 battles
1 hour ago, karrablaster123 said:

Then you are right. DDs are useless.

Well i play only DD's and it is an art form.

Recently i seem to be doing okay, capping and sinking.

But the WTR does go up when i start to lose ... generally means i need to do more damage as my team is potatoes.

dark.png

Asia Server...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
1,280 posts
Just now, Aaditya_AJ said:

Lul I think time has come....
Git Gud Drakon xD

i miss your old siggy... can i have  it?

you should help me with division to increasing my win rate :V

i am stuck on 49~50%

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,896
[REPOI]
Member
5,513 posts
22,912 battles
1 minute ago, Skarhabek said:

i am stuck on 49~50%

 

gee, i wonder why

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
1,325 posts
11,987 battles
Just now, drakon233 said:

gee, i wonder why

 

Oh!! That made me laugh hard xD

 

3 minutes ago, Skarhabek said:

i miss your old siggy... can i have  it?

you should help me with division to increasing my win rate :V

i am stuck on 49~50%

 

 

Yeah ofc if you stop embarrassing yourself in the forum and behave like a sane person...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
1,280 posts
Just now, drakon233 said:

gee, i wonder why

i need to become more Noob.... getting better will only make MM give a crap team

 

its proven in la glass..... low damage but i got GG team :V

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×