You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
drakon233

why has my WTR gone to hell

65 comments in this topic

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles

right, so i havnt been playing regularly for the past 3 weeks, soooo i do admit im a wee bit rusty, but today when trolling the forums i realized my WTR has gone yellow, frigging  yellow, after getting 80%+ wr, and im like, u wot mate, how does that even happen?

[AUSNZ]
[AUSNZ]
Super Tester
1,039 posts
7,702 battles

its just the season of the rainbow, and the rainbow is trolling you.

Next it could be orange and then red!

:fish_boom:

[LLBC]
747 posts
6,859 battles

It's how WTR is calculated. Only damage and kill-securing matters the most. EXP is not included into the calculation because WG managed to screw up the stat by mixing it up with premium time.

wtr.thumb.PNG.cbc1021bb377cad5e8e84735fd087907.PNG

Other teamplay elements (capping, tanking, spotting) will do absolutely nothing to benefit the WTR. So I could say this WTR thing promotes selfish play.

Edited by Admiral_Neptulussus

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,833 posts
4,122 battles
5 minutes ago, drakon233 said:

if it was like that i wouldnt have 80% WR the past day would i?

Sure you could.  You die early and don't secure caps, damage or spot and the team goes on to win.  You still secure the win but have a low WTR

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles
1 minute ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

Sure you could.  You die early and don't secure caps, damage or spot and the team goes on to win.  You still secure the win but have a low WTR

if it was that easy to win then unicums wouldnt have to make fishing teams to farm WR

[LLBC]
747 posts
6,859 battles
1 hour ago, Harpoon01 said:

Have you tried going out with unicums?

Isn't that kinda crapshoot? It sure boost your WR, but if those unicums you div with keeps st-- er...securing the kills and damage in your place then your WTR probably not going up much would it?

Edited by Admiral_Neptulussus

Super Tester
1,056 posts
9,000 battles

WTR, IMO is focused too much on raw damage, which means BB farmers get the highest WTR.

WG should really release a statistic that represents percentage damage, to show and value those who actually take out high value targets (usually DDs and utility cruisers).

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles

since i mostly play DM these days i tend to go after DDs first, and i do admit i sometime get whacked my BBs, but my avrage damage in that thing is 15k above the server avrage, so i cant for the love of my life figure out what im doing wrong, my avrg dmg has gone up from when i first played t and my stats were purple back then, so why is it yellow now? is WST trying to tell me im at average Asian level of gaming?

TBH, i think for damage calculation they sould do something like this, have the match HP of each ship in the match unified as "1" in the eye of the stat recorder, and then have the reward calculated as percentages, like, for 10k damage done to a kahb, you contributed by destroying 0.5(percent) of 12(max number of players), and 10k to a GK would be about 0.1(percent) of 12(max number of players), then add multipliers for ship class to make it truly fair

(but they'll never do it, so meh)

1,105 posts

LOL WR is actually have negative impact on WTR..... or reversed.... why i am not surprised. when you got useless team you contribute more but losing. when you got OP team,,..... WR raised and WTR go down..... who give sheet about WTR. WR is everything huahahaaha

19030678_446340255746216_400642582407728

Edited by Skarhabek

Super Tester
813 posts
3,912 battles
10 minutes ago, Skarhabek said:

LOL WR is actually have negative impact on WTR..... or reversed.... why i am not surprised. when you got useless team you contribute more but losing. when you got OP team,,..... WR raised and WTR go down..... who give sheet about WTR. WR is everything huahahaaha

19030678_446340255746216_400642582407728

Actually, WR and WTR have very little to do with each other directly. When a player gets a better team(and therefore has a higher probability to win), there is more competition for damage(i.e. damage is more spread out between members) and therefore you WTR goes down(Raw damage is a big factor in WTR). On the other hand when your team goes potato, there is a good bunch of enemies to farm damage from before you die. Therefore, your conclusion is nullified.(not to mention a difference in the number of battles on both days)

Edited by karrablaster123
Added explanations

Super Tester
813 posts
3,912 battles
4 hours ago, drakon233 said:

right, so i havnt been playing regularly for the past 3 weeks, soooo i do admit im a wee bit rusty, but today when trolling the forums i realized my WTR has gone yellow, frigging  yellow, after getting 80%+ wr, and im like, u wot mate, how does that even happen?

K/D and average damage are decent measures of skill. Also, how many of those battles mentioned were not in a division?

Edited by karrablaster123

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles
36 minutes ago, karrablaster123 said:

K/D and average damage are decent measures of skill. Also, how many of those battles mentioned were not in a division?

all of them

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles
30 minutes ago, LordTyphoon said:

So much narcissism in this thread

my WR, avrage damage and KD are all fine, and im yellow in WTR. im asking if anyone on the forums know why, where in all of this is there narcissism again?

634 posts
6,217 battles

what happen if i have both bad WR and bad WTR? Guess Im just bad.

I dont have anyone to division with :(((((

My orange stats :Smile_child:

Edited by TorpedoBeat

Super Tester
7,539 posts
7,978 battles
28 minutes ago, drakon233 said:

my WR, avrage damage and KD are all fine, and im yellow in WTR. im asking if anyone on the forums know why, where in all of this is there narcissism again?

May be we can try to explain your yesterday's matches

10uNVLk.png

As you can see, for an average tier of 9.5 in cruisers, you got 100% WR for 6 battles, and 79k damage. You got 1 average kill. So 1300+ WTR is quite fine there. 

For destroyers, your average damage is way too low for WTR to become visible. You also only got 50% WR with no kill what so ever. No wonder you got 500 WTR there.

For battleship of tier 10, you will get below 1000 WTR if your damage is below 90k. So yes, I don't see why you should not get low WTR with yesterday's poor performance. Sure team won, but you didn't do much or you didn't live long enough. The average xp and extremely low survival rate supports this too. The longer you live, the more score you get.

634 posts
6,217 battles
16 minutes ago, icy_phoenix said:

Division-ing doesn't automatically give you better WR and WTR. If you are a potato is solo, you will remain potato in a division and vice versa.

well, division usually gives better stats. Even if all my division mates have 49% WR like me. But we are more coordinated than the usual random players.