Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
kabur88

T8 IJN DD Akizuki needs a buff

5 comments in this topic

[BOTES]
34 posts
7,342 battles

I think the Akizuki needs a buff, compared to other DDs it is very slow with a top speed of 33knots and has a bad turning radius of 730 meters. It can no longer stealth fire and due to its gun caliber can only ever do minimal damage. I would suggest buffing it's speed or turning radius. Or perhaps even increasing its fire chance

Video Contributor
2,267 posts
10,789 battles

again?

speed 33 knots << Historical speed

fire chance << what about secondary Hakuryu's gun and secondary Zao's gun? use flag+skill commander to more fire chance

I do I want from Akizuki << buff AA only and done

main guns use IFHE to fight (16.667mm penetration HE cannot fight every warships)

No stealth << what about Zao and Minotaur Gearing?

Edited by Onlinegamer

Super Tester
989 posts
4,319 battles
16 hours ago, Onlinegamer said:

again?

speed 33 knots << Historical speed

fire chance << what about secondary Hakuryu's gun and secondary Zao's gun? use flag+skill commander to more fire chance

I do I want from Akizuki << buff AA only and done

main guns use IFHE to fight (16.667mm penetration HE cannot fight every warships)

No stealth << what about Zao and Minotaur Gearing?

So how to evade CVs cross torp sensei? :cap_rambo:

Back to OP. Akizuki is fine as she is. Just need to know where to place her. The radius.. or rudder. Hmm not sure. 

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Her mobility is the only thing i disappointed at

I mean it is the worst among the already shitty IJN DD

[PANTS]
39 posts
10,056 battles

The ship has very clear and polarized strengths and weaknesses, which give the ship a unique flavor. Consider this: Akizuki can beat a Gearing in a straight up gunfight, assuming Akizuki has IFHE of course. I consider myself a decent Benson and Fletcher captain, and I always want my team to focus enemy Akizuki as a priority because I know in a fair fight, I am essentially gambling on them not having IFHE to have a chance of winning. So naturally, when I'm in a BB, I would happily prioritize shooting enemy Akizuki for destroyers on my side, which brings us to the ship's weakness: it's fat, long, and slow, which allows good shots to easily nail it with battleship AP. On that note, a good CV captain can nail almost every DD with a good cross drop regardless of how maneuverable it is, so I wouldn't say the Akizuki is particularly weak against CVs. As a DD you really should be relying on your team's AA to defend yourself against cross drops anyway.

So just like you would with any other ship, identify and play to the ship's strength, meanwhile avoiding getting into situations where your weaknesses will come bite you. I'll skip the detailed tactics and let you decide what works for you.

Akizuki actually ranks 3rd in terms of win rate among T8 DDs, on SEA within two weeks. So let's just say I am not a strong proponent of buffing it at the moment.

Sign in to follow this