Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
fawx317

Wargaming Game Center causing spike-lags

3 comments in this topic

139 posts
5,876 battles

1. Description
Noticed that general internet connectivity experiences spike-lagging when Wargaming Game Center is active.

2. Reproduction steps
1. Start WGC

2. Boot the game through WGC

3. Noticed spike-lagging starts whenever WGC is active.

4. Turning off WGC results in completely smooth connection without interruptions

3. Result
Literally disconnects from the game every few minutes.

4. Expected result
uh, WGC shouldn't lag the connection down?

5. Technical details

- Started a week ago.

- Running on Windows 10

- I am very sure it's not an ISP or router problem, as it is only happening on this PC among the many devices connected to my network

- Attaching a screenshot of constant-pinging Google.com while WGC is active. It is completely smooth after i kill WGC.

- Booting the game without going through WGC results in absolutely no lag at all. 

I'm still not completely sure if WGC is the cause, but having exhausted every other "fix" that I can find on the net, this was the only real possible root-cause that I could find that actually solved the problem for me.

I apologize if it ends up bogus, but could you guys look into this possibility?

Edited by fawx317

[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
943 posts
5,636 battles

This is a know problem over on WoWp were you must to have Gaming center or you can not play. first fix is go into setting and  uncheck in Gerenal "Launch Gaming Center when you start your computer" Then go to updates and uncheck "Automatically update installed games"

Next and most important, turn off "Wargaming.net Game Center" once you are in the game.

WG does for some reason not know/think there is a problem with it, but over on WoWp player have found away to kill off this problem mostly on there own.

139 posts
5,876 battles
3 hours ago, BigWaveSurfer said:

This is a know problem over on WoWp were you must to have Gaming center or you can not play. first fix is go into setting and  uncheck in Gerenal "Launch Gaming Center when you start your computer" Then go to updates and uncheck "Automatically update installed games"

Next and most important, turn off "Wargaming.net Game Center" once you are in the game.

WG does for some reason not know/think there is a problem with it, but over on WoWp player have found away to kill off this problem mostly on there own.

Wow... that.. sucks.

But in my case, it only started having noticeable lag-spikes about a week ago, perhaps since the last WCG client update. 

This should really be looked at.:fish_palm: It doesn't just lag the game, it lags all other internet activities on the PC when WGC is active. 

Sign in to follow this