You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
graphite_

TK Penalty … Omg

13 comments in this topic

40 posts

Was playing a co-op game, I fired a volley at long range at a juicy target I had been working over, and whilst the shot was travelling to its target a low health dumb AI cruiser on our side decided to do the suicide ram on it. I killed the target but a stray shell also killed the AI before he succeeded.

So of course I expected to get the mandatory 5 TK penalty, what I didn’t expect was that it was going to be 23!!! WTF.  I hate being pink, and as we all know they don’t scrub off just because you played a clean game, you also need > 45k of damage I think {been a while since I was pink} and hoping no one bumps into you. Now I’m all for some sort of penalty {although most of the time they are **** happens moments} but 23!  Come on, that’s over the top wargaming.

Super Tester
1,310 posts

consecutive team killing.

yes each time u got team killing status.. the penalty time is getting longer.

first offence got 5 games penalty.

2nd offence u get more than 5 games penalty. not sure how much. but it getting longer and longer.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

just try play normally and dont do any damage to friendly

the pink is just the color that mark you as careless player or simply accidental (or incidental) TKer

40 posts

Well last time I was pink {a 1k+ games ago} I got a 5 game TK penalty, so this sort of increase makes no sense at all, and one would think that the game would take into consideration the amount of games played between offences before giving out these ludicrous penalties, especially considering it was a bot, who are more prone to doing the unpredictable.

And can someone explain the weird formula that is used to remove a single penalty. I get that some sort of player activity is required to prevent players AFK’ing to remove a TK strike, and more than likely lose their ship & credits in the process, which seems counter productive.

Obviously, capping, destroying ships, doing damage and not hitting any friendlies or bumping into them is not enough to satisfy the game that you’re not AFK, or doing the right thing, and henceforth no TK strike is removed.

As a result of this, a basic 5 game TK strike can result in you having to play 10, 15 or 20 games before the “so called” 5 game penalty is removed. WHY use such a stupid system?

Why not just have players play X amount of clean games and learn from their mistakes, or the stupidity of others {I’m taking to you AI  :P} rather than all these other conditions on top of clean gameplay? It makes no sense!

I’m sure new players must be mystified and frustrated by this system, and rightly so.

Super Tester
1,310 posts

as far as i remember

Co-op mode doesnt reduce TK pinalty.

i remember got TK strike. tried co-op game. my TK strike didn't reduced at all.
play 5 not so clean (i played normally. so there is random ramming etc) normal random battle. the strike is removed.

Edited by ReNation

Super Tester
802 posts
35 minutes ago, graphite_ said:

Well last time I was pink {a 1k+ games ago} I got a 5 game TK penalty, so this sort of increase makes no sense at all,

Apart from, you know, making sure people who deliberately TK have an incentive to not cause team damage?

2,221 posts
13,691 battles

From my experience TK is best cleared in co-op. Doing it in randoms is too risky because more likely some punk will fire a shell at you so your penalty won't reduce. In co-op it is easier to stay well away from everyone. You still need to fight an average battle on top of that as a poor performance also won't count. But 23 matches? Sounds like you are either doing something wrong or are just incredibly unlucky and have met a whole lot of those afore mentioned punks. 

[LBAS]
4,468 posts
25,632 battles
3 hours ago, ReNation said:

as far as i remember

I know this problem. when I am TK, go Coop and sink in battle and TK reduce 1 point/ if I survive TK will not reduce

40 posts
4 hours ago, ReNation said:

as far as i remember

i remember got TK strike. tried co-op game. my TK strike didn't reduced at all.
play 5 not so clean (i played normally. so there is random ramming etc) normal random battle. the strike is removed.

Hey ReNation, yes Co-Op does reduce TK penalties if you meet the underlying conditions, whatever the hell they are. I’m starting to think the incomprehensible logic behind it is RNG based!

I tested out your theory for random battles and there is no guarantee that a strike will be removed. Won the match, survived, did over 45K of damage {which I thought was the minimum threshold} and no TK strike removed. That’s why this system sucks lol.

4 hours ago, Counterflak said:

Apart from, you know, making sure people who deliberately TK have an incentive to not cause team damage?

You’re stating the obvious there Counterflak ;) and if it was just a case of doing 23 clean battles,  I would know what’s expected from me to become un-pinked and would not have started this topic. It’s all the other incomprehensible crap that will drag this out to what, 60,80 a 100+ battles before it’s removed?

I’m a believer in say what you mean, and mean what you say. This is clearly not the case with how the Tk strikes are removed or managed.

1 hour ago, keskparane said:

From my experience TK is best cleared in co-op. Doing it in randoms is too risky because more likely some punk will fire a shell at you so your penalty won't reduce. In co-op it is easier to stay well away from everyone. You still need to fight an average battle on top of that as a poor performance also won't count. But 23 matches? Sounds like you are either doing something wrong or are just incredibly unlucky and have met a whole lot of those afore mentioned punks. 

Yeah like everyone else I’ve had a few pinkys along the way, especially when I first started playing the game, damn those pesky ships getting between my torps and the enemy. But I’m much wiser now, and have 3K+ games under the belt, and this is my 5th pinky I think.  In matches I hold my fire if I think there is a chance that I may hit a friendly and if I launch torps I even fire off hydro or chat if I think a friendly is not aware of them. So just unlucky that I hit that unpredictable pet bot.  

1 hour ago, MatterCore said:

I know this problem. when I am TK, go Coop and sink in battle and TK reduce 1 point/ if I survive TK will not reduce

Yep tried getting sunk in a co-op game, still didn’t remove a strike, I think it’s controlled by RNG as there doesn’t seem to be any consistency to what triggers a strike to be removed.

Have started a spread sheet to try and find a common denominator, will see how that pans out, and thanks for all your input guys, much appreciated :)   

[_BST_]
[_BST_]
250 posts
12,839 battles

This week's patch has a fix for bugged number of games displayed to remove TK status.  

5 games with no damage at all to friendlies will normally remove your pinkness.