Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Shibeta

Is it possible for a solo player to carry with Kirov?

11 comments in this topic

11 posts
2,563 battles

Hi.

So, I bought VMF Kirov and played 10 battles, dealt about 40k average damage but the win rate is just miserable 30%. I never dropped top 5 XP earner, but I explicitly felt I didn't carry the game at all.

Kirov has good alpha strike and low DPM like Furutaka, can outrange most cruisers she encountered, but her armor is significantly horrible. Hiding faraway and be a sniper is a safe playing style but it's bad for team. Most times I played quite conservative, I tried to be assistive (push or capture), but almost any aggressive manner could cause havoc.:fish_boom:

When I played Cleveland or Wyoming, I felt I can take half of the battlefield under control. But I just felt helpless with Kirov when condition getting worse. I tried to tell teammates what to do by text but it didn't work most of the times.:fish_palm:

Is it possible for a solo player to carry with Kirov?

1,105 posts

A. play Emil Bertin,

>> tanking and killing BB

>> great damage, help capping, sunk DD

>>>>> GOT NOOB TEAM! losing all the time!

B. play La Glass

>> do small damage

>> got killed early 

>>>>> GOT A GG TEAM!!!

conclusion : become a noob and let the team carry, also pray will help too!!

carry so hard is useless.... the harder you carry, the more noob the team you will get.....

after 1000 match i realize this, -_-

294 posts
2,997 battles

On Schors right now. I'll be dead honest, it hurts not having that second rear gun or IFHE, which you won't until you are somewhere in Budyony, if you are following simple grind with no flags or prem ships to train the captain. So now to your question, can Kirov carry? Yes, in the right hands it can. Sadly the right hands are a minority in this game. With RU line you need to understand that you have to stay at the edge of your gun range so you can WASD your fat ass when you see the enemy fire. You'll also need to be accurate with your firing and sometimes understand that staying slightly angled by giving up your rear gun is a good idea rather than show weak broadside just to get all guns to fire. And KITE. Really, if you want to cause lasting damage, you need to evade while firing HE so you can ignite. The sheer golden warning is enough for a lot of players to lose focus and panic.

But in the end if you are outnumbered heavily, you really can't carry anything. I mean you still have a chance if the enemy is scattered and you can engage 1 by 1 as the fire will also help you add to the damage but in the end, the bad concealment range and squishy armor really doesn't help if you need to ambush your enemy. Carrying isn't impossible, it's just difficult.

[LLBC]
747 posts
6,850 battles

Kirov??

You can get citadelled with HE from battleships in your tier spread if they so choose to. And if they do so, you will be deleted in a matter of few salvos. No amount of angling will help, and no hope for overpens.

Edited by Admiral_Neptulussus

412 posts
9,218 battles

Any ship is good IJN DDs, try to know best situation to put yourself on so you can do better. For example, Kirov has hydro mounted and pretty good guns for T5 (180mm with reasonable AP and high fire chance with HE). Either you can hydro rush a lone smoke-camping RN CL (Emerald and Leander) or use the hydro as torpedo countermeasure when permaspotted or inside someone's smoke. Good shell arc makes her good for long-range shelling, but just don't stay far behind, stay close to the frontlines :Smile_teethhappy:

[AUSNZ]
[AUSNZ]
Super Tester
1,039 posts
7,702 battles

The Kirov is a tough ship. Relegated to fire support they can die by ships looking at it.

As to carry when the chips are down no it won't as it can't take any dmg

Super Tester
7,522 posts
7,978 battles

Kirov is a good ship with fantastic range, super hard hitting AP shells. You can pretty much devstrike Omaha or any other lower tier cruisers. Stay away from BB aggro early game, use that spotter plane of yours. When BBs are not looking, you can murder cruisers with your op AP shell. Don't be a full time he spamming scrub. Choose target, choose flank, choose ammo... Profit!

283 posts
3,561 battles

There are about a million videos on OP kirov games, I myself just got my highest score ever with it a couple of days ago (on my profile page). Just moved on to Budyonny (pretty good) but the kirov is (IMHO) a destroyer hunting ship, the 180mm shells can penetrate the armor of the dd's at the tier well and there are 9 of them and they have a 15 second reload time, they are also good when you are in a pack and you sit around the middle while firing at everything, set them on fire then ask the dd's to go atorping (flood them). The kirov to my experience, although paper, can over pen incoming battle ship shells hence making them a good Yolo ship when there is little the enemy team can do (charge battleships, set them on fire, then torp them and make them flood to death) although do not go charging when the game is fresh. Happy playing :)

Edit: AP can citadel i think every cruiser at tier 5-6 apart from IJN cruisers?

Regards Elmo

Edited by ellofiend

159 posts
5,676 battles

icy_phoenix summed it up well, Kirov is a good ship, it just takes a bit of getting used to, use its range to keep out of trouble and capitalise on those big guns against cruisers, also if you keep on the move and keep an erratic course then you can do quite will with HE against the battleships. Just forget about getting in close and you'll be fine.

Sign in to follow this