Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Dshade

Apologies, Rant and Thanks for compliments.

11 comments in this topic

1 post
2,330 battles

Hi all,

First an apology to the Yamato player I team citadeled earlier today, sorry thought they would just bounce off (was in a Bismark at the time).

Now that that is out of the way the reason I fired at said Yamato was for hiding behind islands against enemies which could barely scratch it while my ship was torn to pieces.  I had to fall back not even over the halfway line due to ships just sitting behind islands, with enemies with their broadsides showing about 200 meters forward.  What is it with people who do not know how to use the big battleships armour or how to choose targets further away but are offering broadsides.  This was the fourth match in a row I ended up being the battleship in front while the bigger better armoured ones hid behind islands or my tier 8 battleship.

Secondly I am sick of comments like "omg noob bb" and "don't play bb" anymore from players who have no clue on how to use battleships themselves, quite often I have died fairly early on sticking my neck out a bit too far but rupturing an enemy ship or two in the process, generally scoring within the top six of the team regardless of the early death(second place last time that happened, killed a cruiser outright, rammed an enemy battleship while chewing through another battleships health).  The last one who commented like this managed a whoping 12 pnts higher than me and failed to kill anything for the full 12 mins longer he was alive, the one before that died to the exact same thing I did later in the match(kinda ironic) a barrage of torpedo's from the side of an island(score well behind mine in that one).  If you don't have anything nice to say keep it to yourself, especially since over 75% these players tend to score lower than I do.

However I have also received and given several compliments to players which actually know what they are doing, please keep up the positive reinforcement guys it is great to see and thankfully outnumbers the number of clueless negative people out there.

Dshade,
Mildly ranting Tier 8 BB player.

980 posts
12,617 battles
2 hours ago, Dshade said:

quite often I have died fairly early on sticking my neck out a bit too far but rupturing an enemy ship or two in the process

...noob BB. There's a time and place for 'sticking your neck out' but it is not early on in the game. 

generally scoring within the top six of the team regardless of the early death

doesn't mean anything, if you entire team full potatoed and you come first, doesn't necessarily mean that what you did was effective

the one before that died to the exact same thing I did later in the match(kinda ironic) a barrage of torpedo's from the side of an island(score well behind mine in that one).  Mildly ranting Tier 8 BB player.

this could have been you as well

[AUSNZ]
[AUSNZ]
Super Tester
1,039 posts
7,702 battles

I do understand the OPs angst and at high tiers its amplified. BBs do massive damage but if they are taken out really they hurt the team. 

That is not hiding though as a BB should tank damage but they should be prepared to be able to break engagement when required. Good players know their armour and how to use it.

Be glad that there are those that don't as these are the ones that give us all easy kills.

Video Contributor
2,259 posts
10,782 battles

Play Missouri

go tank

team BB camp (noice GK sniper)

i'm ded

reported 11 times

GGWP camper

====

patch update

I played Kaga T9 room

Missouri push! (Lot HP #%%&)

Missouri : need report 11 times (WHY YOU CAMP!!!!!!!11)

and other BB CAMP!!!!! Noice

me top team got reported from Missouri GGWP team

gimme back to 218!!!

====

ok my play style is push hard and tanky (Yamato full fireproof no one cover me GG)

[LLBC]
747 posts
6,850 battles

To prevent further insults directed against myself (particularly when I am sailing an unfamiliar ship), I often said in the chat at the beginning of the match:

"Noob [whatever ship's name I am sailing] reporting in"

The reactions are hilarious.

Edited by Admiral_Neptulussus

Beta Tester
902 posts
4,189 battles
1 hour ago, Admiral_Neptulussus said:

To prevent further insults directed against myself (particularly when I am sailing an unfamiliar ship), I often said in the chat at the beginning of the match:

I often say "Guys, I'm testing the new submarine WG is working on"

8 hours ago, Dshade said:

This was the fourth match in a row I ended up being the battleship in front while the bigger better armoured ones hid behind islands or my tier 8 battleship.

Learning when to push is an art by itself. Pushing right at the start of the battle with 8 enemies focused on you is just stupid, not "I'm doing this right".

Secondly I am sick of comments like "omg noob bb" and "don't play bb"

Mute chat or uninstall. Salt is part of the game, I enjoy dumping it on others and accept it when I do screw up. Or shut the other guy up with ACCURATE facts.

quite often I have died fairly early on sticking my neck out a bit too far but rupturing an enemy ship or two in the process, generally scoring within the top six of the team regardless of the early death

There we go. "Sticking my neck out a bit too far" there you go, you did it wrong. Doesn't mean anything when you killed another ship or two when your main job, is to tank damage when the enemies are spread out. When you push ahead and die early, your team loses a tank. And if you think you can tank damage well, that all the more you are at fault because you died and did not fulfill your role.

The last one who commented like this managed a whoping 12 pnts higher than me and failed to kill anything for the full 12 mins longer he was alive,

Right. He is shit. But so are you for shooting a teammate Yamato, then coming to the forums to rant about shit players and them calling you noob.

415 posts
10,918 battles
5 hours ago, Admiral_Neptulussus said:

I always warn my team if I'm in a new/near new ship or if I play CV at the start of the battle too and apologise in advance for being a potato

Usually receive some kind of encouragement "just do your best" or some such and even occasionally a bit of advice "concentrate on spotting DD's" , "stay away from" whatever. 

If team knows you are noob at something they don't expect heroics and any good you do manage to do is a bonus.

Super Tester
7,519 posts
7,978 battles
21 hours ago, Onlinegamer said:

ok my play style is push hard and tanky (Yamato full fireproof no one cover me GG)

Meh, you are OP anyway. You don't need any cover..

280 posts
3,514 battles

I often say racist ,insult ,and rant words at the beginning of the match and then say that it's for ping test

too bad I cant say "Shit" anymore even tho it's legal in lots of games

Edited by Vorshlaghammer666

[MEGA]
4,561 posts
17,548 battles

see, there's your problem , if you want to proof that you dont suck then you have to consistently score in the top 3 of the team, scoring in the top 6 really means nothing, and as for the "pushing/tanking" part, unless you are doing it right(which i doubt you are seeing as you get called noob enough times in the game to rant on the forums about it) it's not called pushing or tanking, it's called feeding/ yoloing, and unless you get in the top of your team or if you are sure you have done everything possible to contribute, then i suggest you suck it up, accept that you are doing something wrong, and go correct it

Sign in to follow this