You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
HMS_Swiftsure_08

Yet again excessive censoring

42 comments in this topic

362 posts
3,693 battles
On 6/8/2017 at 10:42 AM, _Halcyon said:

As title said, I noticed some excessive censoring.

Type "played" gets "****ed"

Type "premium" gets "**emium"

Because it looked like the same word [Content Removed]? Lol. I want to know why too.

Profanity , Post Edited , User Warned
~Ephys

Edited by Ephys

2,225 posts
13,751 battles

You can just turn it off. IIRC its the <messageFilterEnabled> node in profile/chat_pref.........

edit: although that ^ doesn't appear to have worked.

Edited by keskparane

1,386 posts
8,250 battles
49 minutes ago, keskparane said:

You can just turn it off. IIRC its the <messageFilterEnabled> node in profile/chat_pref.........

I know I can switch it off, but there are people who don't know.

And the main point is

The RUSHians

Screwed things up

Again.

(Remember when 061 was released with ranked and the censoring system all messed up?)

1,070 posts
3,850 battles

We either get chat full of squares because of all the different languages...and can't communicate properly in a match.

OR

We get chat in a our language and the stupid censor system puts stars over half the words ( that you can't turn off in game and need to fix in a config file) ....and can't communicate properly in a match.

WG:Working as intended!  :D

[MEGA]
4,575 posts
17,576 battles
1 minute ago, BanditSE1977 said:

We either get chat full of squares because of all the different languages...and can't communicate properly in a match.

OR

We get chat in a our language and the stupid censor system puts stars over half the words ( that you can't turn off in game and need to fix in a config file) ....and can't communicate properly in a match.

WG:Working as intended!  :D

to be honest, at higher ranks you'd be better of being able to read chinese or japanese then english, since if you try speaking in english half the time ppl respond in such simple or broken english that it's hard to understand, but if you talk in Chinese/Japanese there's more detailed discussions(i think)

Beta Tester
823 posts
4,972 battles

Kill is ****

Pratt (an AI bot name) is **att

I would like the ability to turn censorship OFF so I can actually understand what people are trying to communicate.

It's bad enough on this server that people rarely communicate, speak a different language or aren't all fluent in the same language. Now add censorship on top of it and teamplay becomes even rarer or more difficult.

1,070 posts
3,850 battles
49 minutes ago, drakon233 said:

to be honest, at higher ranks you'd be better of being able to read chinese or japanese then english, since if you try speaking in english half the time ppl respond in such simple or broken english that it's hard to understand, but if you talk in Chinese/Japanese there's more detailed discussions(i think)

I think your right,some of the matches I have been in there has been plenty of chat between the non english speakers.Usually more than some of the NA games I have played.

Just the downfall of having so may languages on one server.

[MEGA]
4,575 posts
17,576 battles
6 minutes ago, BanditSE1977 said:

I think your right,some of the matches I have been in there has been plenty of chat between the non english speakers.Usually more than some of the NA games I have played.

Just the downfall of having so may languages on one server.

NA has the same problem with spanish and other SA languages, and dont even get me started on EU, the only servers to have a truly unified language are the CN and RU servers

283 posts
3,600 battles
11 minutes ago, drakon233 said:

NA has the same problem with spanish and other SA languages, and dont even get me started on EU, the only servers to have a truly unified language are the CN and RU servers

Oh what I would give for an AU server! but yeah that's impossible and I only want an AU server because of the language unification that would apply

[MEGA]
4,575 posts
17,576 battles

you'd end up like the korean server then, playing will a entire server of skilless skrubs again and again till the server gets too expensive to maintain and then get reintegrated into SEA

(inb4 aboriginal speakers)

Edited by drakon233

283 posts
3,600 battles
Just now, drakon233 said:

you'd end up like the korean server then, playing will a entire server of skilless skrubs again and again till the server gets too expensive to maintain and then get reintegrated into SEA

awwww, did not see that coming

[LLBC]
747 posts
6,868 battles
1 hour ago, drakon233 said:

es***(essex)

That one gets fixed. You can say Essex in chat without getting censored now.

[LLBC]
747 posts
6,868 battles
2 minutes ago, 9mm1n said:

rzSJOZI.png

I never knew that the phrase "fire support" is offensive. Well, I guess we all learn something new everyday

Supporting in the game is now regarded as an offensive act. Selfishness is the way to go. :Smile_trollface:

Campers rejoice!

Edited by Admiral_Neptulussus

1,386 posts
8,250 battles
1 hour ago, Alvin1020 said:

Apparent "BB"s are censored as well. For whatever reason, lol.

It's probably due to the Chinese slang “逼逼”, which has the same pronunciation as "Bi-Bi", often written in short as BB in Chinese network communities. The slang means talk gibberish.

Edited by _Halcyon

[MEGA]
4,575 posts
17,576 battles
4 minutes ago, _Halcyon said:

It's probably due to the Chinese slang “逼逼”, which has the same pronunciation as "B-B", often written in short as BB in Chinese network communities. The slang means talk gibberish.

dont type out the characters for bi-bi, you'll get banned for that, trust me i got banned for that too once