Jump to content
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
FrankTheShip

Operation of the week is Fantastic

47 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Member
64 posts
10,388 battles

this is what the game has been missing. It's a fantastic addition to the game. Well done to the developers, look forward to seeing how these grow in scope.

 

Hopefully one day they can grow into historical battles :)

 

Question, (sure the info is here somewhere)

1.Can i queue with my  friends. Sometimes you got 2 and other times a full Lan party with 7?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SIF]
Super Tester
3,834 posts
4,134 battles

1st game.  5 stars.  Bloody good return for 10 minutes of work.  24 hours prem time, 10 point commander (LOL.  Now have nine unused IJN captains ranging from 3-10 points), 5 ocean soul camo and 30 signals, but as it can only be rewarded once I'm now done until the next operation is released.

Edited by RalphTheTheatreCat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
980 posts
12,617 battles
1 hour ago, FrankTheShip said:

this is what the game has been missing. It's a fantastic addition to the game. Well done to the developers, look forward to seeing how these grow in scope.

 

Hopefully one day they can grow into historical battles :)

 

Question, (sure the info is here somewhere)

1.Can i queue with my  friends. Sometimes you got 2 and other times a full Lan party with 7?

 

What? Is this a sarcastic complaint? Why are you complimenting WarGaming? 

 

We're supposed to be impossible to satisfy! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
64 posts
10,388 battles

 

There done good with this patch so need to be commended for there good work. Also found the answer to my question. You and six of your buddies can queue for this :)

 

(This was what stopped a lot of my friends from playing as the game was not a game you could do with friends at a LAN, now i have an excuse to get them to try the game again)

 

And damn Ralph, none of the groups i've joined have survived till the main attack force, well done or I just suck big time at the game. ( Must learn Patience,  "Yeah Yeah, How long is that gaining to take" )

Edited by FrankTheShip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4
[TOGN]
Beta Tester
115 posts
13,336 battles

i got the five stars on the sixth attempt , its a very good battle mode to play for a change and looking forward to next weeks  

Edited by stick3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
753 posts
8,965 battles
5 hours ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

1st game.  5 stars.  Bloody good return for 10 minutes of work.  24 hours prem time, 10 point commander (LOL.  Now have nine unused IJN captains ranging from 3-10 points), 5 ocean soul camo and 30 signals, but as it can only be rewarded once I'm now done until the next operation is released.

 

12 minutes ago, stick3 said:

i got he five stars on the sixth attempt , its a very good battle mode to play for a change and looking forward to next weeks  

 

I haven't played it yet but once you get the 5 stars there is no point playing it again (if only for a change) as the XP and credit gain is less than random battles and you get no more rewards so it seems pointless to me.

At least with the Halloween version you could continue playing to get camos etc. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
415 posts
10,918 battles

done it in all 4 ship types for the achieve ....haven't managed 5 stars yet ... friendly CV always spawns too close to enemy Hipper or emeny CV spawns too far away and runs even further ... but don't need any more prem time anyway.

 

fighting Izumo, Hipper, Mogami etc in T5/6 is not much fun

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[AE]
Member
200 posts
9,488 battles

I found it highly situational. On my Budyonny mission I did a reasonable amount of damage but my team mostly sat behind islands. The moment your team misses the "opportunity" to stop the first wave, its game over. In my Bogue (strike) I did 75k damage, and thought I was doing ok, but my team once again was quickly overwhelmed and my 75k damage garnered me a whopping 168 xp. (losing team gets little). I actually lost 4k credits. But on my Ryujo mission I did 145k damage and we won, giving me a 10 point cap, some flags, other stuff, and most importantly, by using flags, something like 30k commander xp. Put quite simply, if you can play carriers, play your Ryujo, because from what I can see cruisers and BBs just cant carry as they have to expose themselves in order to sight and spot the incoming waves.

Seriously, in 2 of my three matches I made less than in a normal PVE loss.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
902 posts
4,263 battles

The rewards are too little. A lost will easily set you back 50k if you're running prem consumables even in a prem boat. A 5 star carry in my bayern netted me 100k and 1.2k exp. Not worth it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
823 posts
4,971 battles
22 minutes ago, FishyPower said:

The rewards are too little. A lost will easily set you back 50k if you're running prem consumables even in a prem boat. A 5 star carry in my bayern netted me 100k and 1.2k exp. Not worth it

It's pretty much the same xp/money you'd see in co-op, only it takes a little longer and is a little more fun.

 

I've done it 3 times and I'm already feeling like I won't bother much with it. Insufficient returns. Maybe if there were tiers so you could que with VII - VIII or IX- X ships and the enemy would be harder.

But I generally don't like most ships below tier 7, especially when the return on XP and credits is relatively low.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LBAS]
Member
4,474 posts
25,650 battles
3 hours ago, Storm_Raiser said:

done it in all 4 ship types for the achieve ....haven't managed 5 stars yet ... friendly CV always spawns too close to enemy Hipper or emeny CV spawns too far away and runs even further ... but don't need any more prem time anyway.

 

fighting Izumo, Hipper, Mogami etc in T5/6 is not much fun

1 Leander 3 Cleveland 1 Arizona 1 Mexico

18953480_1400652016685478_52776347063693

Edited by MatterCore

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[AE]
Member
200 posts
9,488 battles

a couple more games and I can say, without fear of looking a fool, unless you, or someone on your team, is a GOOD Strike Ryujo player (ONLY carrier with enough firepower to actually make a dent) you will actually lose money.

XP gained in a loss is about 150-170xp. THATS IT.

Indeed, in order to get a whopping 170xp you need a 75k+ damage game. You can get that for a 10-15k damage win in a standard PVE.

I have so far managed one win, and it had pretty good rewards, and in order to do that I had to thoroughly carry a team and do 145k damage in a Ryujo.

Seriously, playing this mode compared to the normal PVE will mostly set you back, in time spent, xp gained, and credit gained.

Clans will be able to win. Ryujo captains will get good games. BUT. When averaged out against the losses, it is not a great method of farming damage, as losses will result in low xp (the only point of farming damage).

I recommend WG seriously look at either:

1)  allowing up to tier 7s (some like scharn, Kaga and Belfast would be winners), without increasing the numbers or type of enemy ships, or

2) spreading the time between the waves so you have some chance to reposition before you see a little yellow 7 or 8 suddenly appear on the screen - I had 10 ships focusing me after I was forced to take the fight to the enemy in order to stop the first wave (Believe me, your normal random teammates wont even try).

3) Ditching the repair ships -The repair ships are not actually just pointless, as if you try to stop the enemy they will be too far back to help you, but from what I saw, actively encourage players (two games I saw BBs just sitting deep in the base in the repair zone) to camp, thereby losing the match.

4) easing back on the last two waves. A Scharn, Gneis, multiple myoko, multiple other cruisers and DD, two carriers, and an Izumo, being fended off by a Bayern, Cleveland, and Budy is just not enjoyable. In fact I got pissed off. Supposed to be fun right? If you want this to be a success right? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
902 posts
4,263 battles
4 minutes ago, Pocket_Fox said:

It's pretty much the same xp/money you'd see in co-op, only it takes a little longer and is a little more fun.

 

I've done it 3 times and I'm already feeling like I won't bother much with it. Insufficient returns. Maybe if there were tiers so you could que with VII - VIII or IX- X ships and the enemy would be harder.

But I generally don't like most ships below tier 7, especially when the return on XP and credits is relatively low.

Significantly harder too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[AE]
Member
200 posts
9,488 battles

oh just played another Ryujo game. 119k damage. This time though with an entire 6 players from a CLAN! This will work. They will be coordinated!

And they were. But once again, not every torp hit, and although 119k damage, lost 35k credits and made a whopping 400 xp yay!

Nope.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
823 posts
4,971 battles

Tired of it already lol.

 

No real XP or credit gain. WG expects me to pay 75k credits to play the same ship again.... for what? less xp and money than a co-op game? 

Basically do it once, get 4-5 stars, don't touch again unless super bored.

 

+Initial star rewards are descent

-Poor XP/Credit rewards

-Bad idea making us wait 30 mins or paying 75k to play the same ship

-Low replayability

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
294 posts
2,997 battles

=/ See I knew it. I just didn't want to say it but in PTS I was pretty much losing all battles. You need good coordination team play to enjoy this mode and this is a RIP for solo players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
2,221 posts
13,710 battles
9 hours ago, Flemboy said:

a couple more games and I can say, without fear of looking a fool, unless you, or someone on your team, is a GOOD Strike Ryujo player (ONLY carrier with enough firepower to actually make a dent) you will actually lose money.

Disagree. We played without a CV and still won and made a nice profit.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
2,221 posts
13,710 battles
9 hours ago, Pocket_Fox said:

It's pretty much the same xp/money you'd see in co-op, only it takes a little longer and is a little more fun.

You think? I find it easy to match earnings of a PvP game. No way is it anything like the meager returns from co-op.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
902 posts
4,263 battles
6 hours ago, keskparane said:

You think? I find it easy to match earnings of a PvP game. No way is it anything like the meager returns from co-op.

 

Post screenshots. Or maybe your performance in PvP only nets you the rewards of co-op (jk)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
902 posts
4,263 battles
20 minutes ago, Onlinegamer said:

5 games 4 stars

2 of 5 is CV T5 (REALLY!!)

1 of 5 lose because CV T5

1 game 5 star

noice CV T5

 

English. DO YOU SPEAK IT.

 

Yeah, I can't really understand what you mean

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4
[TOGN]
Beta Tester
115 posts
13,336 battles

just take notice where they start there attacks , easy to predict after a few battles 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
57 posts
145 battles
3 hours ago, FishyPower said:

 

English. DO YOU SPEAK IT.

 

Yeah, I can't really understand what you mean

Doesn't like tier 5 CVs in the operation?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7
[HMASW]
Beta Tester
50 posts
6,072 battles

A fun game mode for sure.

Not quite polished though as once again at tier V to IV the Battleship Players are disadvantaged.

I took the Texas in and yup too slow and gets targetted by DD's and Torp Bombers.

Once you recover from that yhe cruisers set up to 3 fires on you so yeah BB players sorry not that much fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×