You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
amade

Update 0.6.6 Feedback

41 comments in this topic

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

A new PvE mode is upon us! Have you tried the new Scenarios yet? Would you like to see more like it?

And what about the new Ultra Quality sounds? Can you hear the difference?

Some ships got rebalanced too! German cruisers now have better performing HE, certain high tier US battleships had their citadel lowered. How has it affected your gameplay?

Whatever your feedback for update 0.6.6, the devs would like to hear it. Feel free to post your thoughts about it here in this thread.

Full patch notes for 0.6.6 can be found on the portal: https://worldofwarships.asia/en/news/announcements/ver-06_6-patchnotes/

If you have any bugs to report, please post it in the Bug Reports Thread and make sure you use the suggested format for bug reporting.

Beta Tester
902 posts
4,189 battles

Quick Summary of what I learned so far.

Kamikaze/Fujin are pretty much the only viable DDs

Do not rush out, the focus fire will kill you. The trick is to share HP, so the BBs really need to do their part tanking damage

CVs need to scout so that your teammates can whittle them down from a far.

Focus fire, so spam that F3 so your team is somewhat working together

DO NOT TAKE NON-KAMIKAZE DDs

Edited by FishyPower

Beta Tester
17 posts
6,356 battles

155k damage, premium ship and account, was a loss, but really! 5k coin backwards!

Pass.

1,124 posts

there's a few technical issue,

in scenario mode, when new enemy fleet arrive, game suddenly became lag and jerky since it need to load those ship in mid-battle

this may an issue only at low spec PC (like mine T_T) only though.

especially last enemy wave when many high tier enemy ship show up, my game freeze for a few sec for minute...

Edited by PGM991

[AUSNZ]
59 posts
11,611 battles

Also 'support' seems to be a banned word now?? ie 'request support' button types 'requesting ********' in chat... really WG.

159 posts
5,676 battles
2 hours ago, Auslander said:

155k damage, premium ship and account, was a loss, but really! 5k coin backwards!

Pass.

Agree that the credit side of things could be a bit better, it doesn't exactly make you want to play again since teams are such a hit and miss.

Overall though I've enjoyed the PvE and I actually like the fact that it's tier V and VI, it makes me go back and play those tiers more :cap_like:

Edited by blauflamme22
bad punctuation

[ANZAC]
340 posts
11,469 battles

T5 ships have no place in this mode - too often seeing 2-3 T5s - may as well rage quit back to port.

Beta Tester
60 posts

I think the new PVE mode is great.

My suggestion

I think the enemy strategy needs some change.

Why are all the enemy ships just rush to our base regardless how many gun shooting at them? it doesn't make sense. 

they are attack fleet not suicide squad.

1 post
2,213 battles

omg updates are way too big. Started update finally finished. Or so I thought. Wait there is another one 1.5 gigs after the 2 I just installed. Yay its finished! Oh wait what's this now another one ffs!

8 posts
1,944 battles
5 minutes ago, RustyAction said:

omg updates are way too big. Started update finally finished. Or so I thought. Wait there is another one 1.5 gigs after the 2 I just installed. Yay its finished! Oh wait what's this now another one ffs!

stay calm dude, just enjoy the update process 

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

A. The limit of Tier 5 and 6 ships in Scenario is a bit of a mistake IMO.

Even Tier 6 ships are struggling, imagine how much worse would be the ship 1 tier lower?

I understand that WG want more people to participate - but the problem is that if your team have more than 2-3 Tier 5 you are pretty much screwed. Especially if it's a Furutaka or something.

B. The Scenario MM is pretty broken.

There will always be a CV - which is nice - but why the hell there can be no BBs???

BBs are not the primary damage dealer in the game but there needs to be at least 1 BB to tank a little bit when the Cruiser are struggling.

C. I want to play this mode in other tiers as well. It's all nice and fun for a while playing tier 6, but it do get dull after some time.

More ships available to this mode would help immensely.

[LNA]
1,655 posts
10,411 battles

I really like this update overall ,,however ambient sounds are still not clear , lack of wave and sfx during cyclones,...

The operations are very good , but could use a few pointers: enemy ships should be uniform in nationality, AA is too strong for cv to last until match end, you can run out of plane early and be useless due to how close AI stick together.

Lexington cv spawn is too random , suggested that it spawn on the spawn point closest to an allied ship.

Rewards for losing and doing very well is not good enough.

The repair friendly ship is often too far back to make going back n repair worthwhile.

There should be a resupply point that replenish charges and maybe aircrafts if the ship make it back to the dock area

Cv is not useful in the New Port scenario as enemy bot cv is ez to overcome and their long rearm time vs number of enemies render them ineffective

Edited by legionary2099

[_AUS_]
Beta Tester
72 posts
8,685 battles

I'm enjoying the scenario but I think it could use some tweaks.

1. Tier V and 6 randoms versus the current II to IX AI ships is a real issue. I understand the need for a challenging scenario but the VII to IX ships are to over powered for a random game in my opinion. One of the biggest complaints about the World Of Warships is the match making system and it seems that its almost like the designers have looked at what annoys people the most about the game and said lets stick that into cooperative play as well!

2. The Friendly Carrier spawns to close to the pursuing ships there is no chance aside from luck to really do much to save it. Maybe a timer for the carrier's arrival and an indicator of where it is arriving would be useful.

3. The AI's seem to be overly competent when it comes to dodging torpedoes. Though this could be due to the murderous fire you receive in the end game if you try to run in to launch a short range attack.

4. The repair ships are too far back or too slow in repairing to be effective after the third wave arrives and even earlier really.

5. I would like to be able to play the scenario in Tier VI or VII as a minimum. Or maybe the attacking and defending AI hips should not be more than 1 or 2 tiers higher or lower than any player controlled ship. 

6. Maybe some smoke generators on the islands could be installed to provide some cover as well.

Thank you for the patch and the new mode.

Edited by Thorhorsemen