You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
OdinAU

CV should be given seperate game mode

40 comments in this topic

[R-A-N]
15 posts
3,177 battles

Ive read a few post regarding this topic and after playing for awhile i feel like CV should be optional to play with. this game is based on your skill to position yourself and to aim effectively while supporting your team, you yourself play a part in the teams success but atm with games that actually do have CV the role they play is a lot higher. i.e if you have a poor cv your team is at a huge disadvantage and vice versa, if you have a good CV.

Currently playing CV is a top down game where you point and click and how well you do basically comes down to how you manage your resources and understand how to combat the enemy CV. there needs to be a level of practice involved before CV players are given the ability to play in random pvp battles, i.e x number of co op games so they understand what to do.

In order to have the slightest degree of protection vs CV attacks you need to upgrade your AA, given how hit or miss it is where there actually is a CV in the match youre either vunerable or sacrificing upgrades on slots you wont even use half the time. currently the CV is the only ship able to kill another craft in one strike in some cases with no possibility of harm coming to itself. 99% of games the CV will be the last to die with the highest chance of getting good kills, kills that 1/7 of the time shouldve gone to other players. you see CV are also great at scavenging, they look for ships that have already sustained damage so the resource they use on getting the kill is the lowest, understandable but its a thing, and it takes away from the other 99% usually low tier players trying to advance since thats where a lot of the CV players currently are.

Then you look at the low tiers, where a good 80% of CV players are. where there is little to no AA available, this mixed with the fact most CV players wont go to the tiers where AA is actually effective and what you have is captians that have considerably more skill points than the rest of the players who are just learning the game.

As the CV is unique in how it is played, its role and effects and where the majority of the CV players in terms of tier like to play i feel like they should either be removed or for there to be the option to select games either with or without CV. some players like the added factor of having to defend vs aircraft and thus they can then spec to have AA and be prepared, those players will also likely understand how to defend against CV attacks, in those games you could then buff the CV to where it was prior to the nerfs and give added rewards for the higher danger playing vs a skilled balanced CV. this way everyone wins.

please comment with your ideas and thoughts as this is a discussion, do you think this is a viable option and would improve game experience or do you think this would detract from the overall game. should players have the option to customize their experience?

apologies for the poor grammar, i wrote this fairly quickly.

[LNA]
1,666 posts
10,492 battles
36 minutes ago, Daxtacy said:

Ive read a few post regarding this topic and after playing for awhile i feel like CV should be optional to play with. this game is based on your skill to position yourself and to aim effectively while supporting your team, you yourself play a part in the teams success but atm with games that actually do have CV the role they play is a lot higher. i.e if you have a poor cv your team is at a huge disadvantage and vice versa, if you have a good CV.

Currently playing CV is a top down game where you point and click and how well you do basically comes down to how you manage your resources and understand how to combat the enemy CV. there needs to be a level of practice involved before CV players are given the ability to play in random pvp battles, i.e x number of co op games so they understand what to do.

In order to have the slightest degree of protection vs CV attacks you need to upgrade your AA, given how hit or miss it is where there actually is a CV in the match youre either vunerable or sacrificing upgrades on slots you wont even use half the time. currently the CV is the only ship able to kill another craft in one strike in some cases with no possibility of harm coming to itself. 99% of games the CV will be the last to die with the highest chance of getting good kills, kills that 1/7 of the time shouldve gone to other players. you see CV are also great at scavenging, they look for ships that have already sustained damage so the resource they use on getting the kill is the lowest, understandable but its a thing, and it takes away from the other 99% usually low tier players trying to advance since thats where a lot of the CV players currently are.

Then you look at the low tiers, where a good 80% of CV players are. where there is little to no AA available, this mixed with the fact most CV players wont go to the tiers where AA is actually effective and what you have is captians that have considerably more skill points than the rest of the players who are just learning the game.

As the CV is unique in how it is played, its role and effects and where the majority of the CV players in terms of tier like to play i feel like they should either be removed or for there to be the option to select games either with or without CV. some players like the added factor of having to defend vs aircraft and thus they can then spec to have AA and be prepared, those players will also likely understand how to defend against CV attacks, in those games you could then buff the CV to where it was prior to the nerfs and give added rewards for the higher danger playing vs a skilled balanced CV. this way everyone wins.

please comment with your ideas and thoughts as this is a discussion, do you think this is a viable option and would improve game experience or do you think this would detract from the overall game. should players have the option to customize their experience?

apologies for the poor grammar, i wrote this fairly quickly.

I assume you didnt reach tier 9 - 10 where the situation is very very different and you yourself still dont know how to deal with CV.

If you think spec AA is a waste then you need to think again , nothing is a waste. If you dont want to die against cv make him not target you by doing the right thing

A thing is unique doesnt mean that it needs to be isolated , it serves a role and game with cv makes battle a lot more challeging

CV is not a worthy class right now mind you , with the end game being a complete mess and cv cpts reluctant to move past 8

1,105 posts

just telling :

1. why dont you play CV  yourself, if you hate the noob CV in your team. lel, this is the real reason why i play CV

2. higher tier CV is so rare BECAUSE SERVICING COST not because the AA of the ship. it can still rekt some ship with AA build, you just need to know when to attack.

3. CV are actually the most easy class compared to BB, CA or DD. the problem is when enemy CV outplay you :V

4. CV need revamp, the alt+escape is one of nice change.

5. why world of warship is so exciting? BECAUSE ITS RANDOM! you wont know what will happen, and i will be honest : EZ winning is not fun!

so CV need revamp, but isolate the CV from gameplay is not a good idea.... and WG need to add submarine too!

[R-A-N]
15 posts
3,177 battles
2 hours ago, legionary2099 said:

I assume you didnt reach tier 9 - 10 where the situation is very very different and you yourself still dont know how to deal with CV.

If you think spec AA is a waste then you need to think again , nothing is a waste. If you dont want to die against cv make him not target you by doing the right thing

A thing is unique doesnt mean that it needs to be isolated , it serves a role and game with cv makes battle a lot more challeging

CV is not a worthy class right now mind you , with the end game being a complete mess and cv cpts reluctant to move past 8

yes i play tier 10, what i mean that spec in AA is a waste because most of the time there are no CV so AA spec= waste, if you dont however then you are underprotected vs CV attacks when there is one.

[R-A-N]
15 posts
3,177 battles
51 minutes ago, Skarhabek said:

just telling :

1. why dont you play CV  yourself, if you hate the noob CV in your team. lel, this is the real reason why i play CV

2. higher tier CV is so rare BECAUSE SERVICING COST not because the AA of the ship. it can still rekt some ship with AA build, you just need to know when to attack.

3. CV are actually the most easy class compared to BB, CA or DD. the problem is when enemy CV outplay you :V

5. why world of warship is so exciting? BECAUSE ITS RANDOM! you wont know what will happen, and i will be honest : EZ winning is not fun!

so CV need revamp, but isolate the CV from gameplay is not a good idea.... and WG need to add submarine too!

reason being i dont play WOWS to have a top down view of the game where its point and click. i agree with most of what youve said though, and the random factor is what makes it fun. i just feel like it was worth making the case for the ability to choose if you play with cv or not, i could see people going one of 2 ways that would improve the experience for them. being guaranteed a match with CV in which case AA spec and using catapult fighters vs spotting planes is a good choice or simply not wanting to play with CV at all and maybe having lesser rewards or something to that tune.

1,105 posts
Just now, Daxtacy said:

being guaranteed a match with CV in which case AA spec and using catapult fighters vs spotting planes is a good choice or simply not wanting to play with CV at all and maybe having lesser rewards or something to that tune.

i think the best way to nerf and buff CV by giving lower tier BB a catapult fighter and improve is AI. the current catapult fighter is unreliable for inercepting the bomber squadron. also WG should nerf single ship AA to completely destroy a plane launched like minotaur or neptune.

347 posts
7 hours ago, Skarhabek said:

just telling :

2.Yup , agreed, I can't afford to take my Lexington out to battle because even with 100K damage, I still can barely afford my repair cost (it's like 118K credits if full out destroyed?) let alone upgrades but AA build is still a big problem as well as inter tier balancing

3. If it was easy the forums would not be full of complaints of CVs being UP and MM would not take 30 minutes to get into a battle that last less than 20 minutes. Have you played USN CVs, I know you play IJN, I started playing IJN, it's easier than USN because the enemy USN CV can't shoot down all your planes, this is probably true with saipan too, can't shoot them all down. I'm loving those loadout though, It's not honsho's 1/2/0 till T 9 so that's nice

4. Soon™

[LNA]
1,666 posts
10,492 battles
9 hours ago, Daxtacy said:

reason being i dont play WOWS to have a top down view of the game where its point and click. i agree with most of what youve said though, and the random factor is what makes it fun. i just feel like it was worth making the case for the ability to choose if you play with cv or not, i could see people going one of 2 ways that would improve the experience for them. being guaranteed a match with CV in which case AA spec and using catapult fighters vs spotting planes is a good choice or simply not wanting to play with CV at all and maybe having lesser rewards or something to that tune.

9 hours ago, Daxtacy said:

yes i play tier 10, what i mean that spec in AA is a waste because most of the time there are no CV so AA spec= waste, if you dont however then you are underprotected vs CV attacks when there is one.

Do you even know how insane tier 9-10 AA is ? Right now even with random factor , 1-2 AA cruisers are all that is needed to completely remove CV from the match or partially disable him. IF your option come true why bother play CV anymore when everyone who click that option will AA spec to drop down planes. IF every single ship on the list AA spec do you even know how to deal with it in such an environment where there is literally no place for you to go.

If you think CV is just top down point n click then think again , it involves more than that , and more often than not more brain power and muscles for less than its worth. Often a single button is all that is need to screw you.

Life in a cv is harsh , not cozy like a big BB. You have high expectation , meet very clever opponents ( esp past 8 ) , have to outwit him whilst dealing with all his team's ships.

There is 0 point in making it seperate mode as it is an indirect nerf and making the AA parameters completely irrelevant

460 posts
8,358 battles

There is a simple reason why you cannot have a game mode dedicated to CVs and one without them.

Most players would choose to play without the CVs (especially BB players), this would essentially kill the class off entirely. It already has a low population.

There are plenty of options for counter-play at all the tiers. At low tier you should be able to dodge/minimise most CV torpedo attacks if you're awake, even in a battleship. At higher tier you have much better AA even without the upgrades, and you can cluster your ships together to boost the AA further and keep the planes away. I get it that you might feel like you've wasted a slot using AA upgrades, but that's just the nature of randoms. You could always division with a CV to ensure they are useful. Also a healthier CV population would reduce that. How they make them more attractive to players? I dunno.

84 posts
4,438 battles

CV of the same tier do about as much average damage as the BB in the same tier. The only difference is that CV do a very high damage per wave of attack which they can launch one every 3-7 minute depend on the distance plane have to travel and can be very easily ruined by the enemy CV or any cruiser with DFAA or by WASDing and all of them are just a few button away. Unlike the BB who sent a salvo every 30sec and the only way to counter it is to stay angled or WASD.

OP stated that CV could kill other ship completely in one well place strike.

This is true if neither enemy CV's presence or DFAA are present during the attack and the ship you're attacking are not WASDing, such ideal condition is very rare in high tier.

Since OP's never play any CV before I suggest that you might want to try reaching tier 7 with CV and see it first hand what it's like to be a CV player. It's not EASY and way much harder than playing a BB considered OP is a BB main.

Edited by Strik3agle98

[R-A-N]
15 posts
3,177 battles
13 hours ago, mmyatt95 said:

here we go i though i left this sort of shit in world of tanks

constructive criticism* unless you would like to point out how it is not.

obviously there is a reason for CV being in the state they are in right now, and so far every response has been hashing over what i already know. point being the reason they prob got nerfed into the ground is because a lot of players are annoyed by them...part of that is to do with the fact that your main counter to being attacked from CV is your own CV. if your own CV is bad then the WHOLE TEAM suffers. let me ask you this, if there was another game mode that offered higher rewards but was more challenging...obviously people who are more skilled and are at higher tiers would opt to play that mode yes? because grinding high tier ships takes a long time, if you added a game mode with CV and one without while buffing the CV in that mode then it would not only make CV play more worthwhile it would also provide an enviroment for higher skilled players and those learning the game. WG are always going to cater to the 99% and that wont change, so if you want better CV you need a solution....all im doing is giving my opinion on what that could be. and lets face it, if skilled players that know the game and are well versed in its mechanics WOULDNT play a game mode that is exactly the way it is now except with buffed CV to how they used to be, for higher rewards then maybe CV shouldnt be in the game at all. 

[R-A-N]
15 posts
3,177 battles
14 hours ago, Sparcie said:

There is a simple reason why you cannot have a game mode dedicated to CVs and one without them.

Most players would choose to play without the CVs (especially BB players), this would essentially kill the class off entirely. It already has a low population.

There are plenty of options for counter-play at all the tiers. At low tier you should be able to dodge/minimise most CV torpedo attacks if you're awake, even in a battleship. At higher tier you have much better AA even without the upgrades, and you can cluster your ships together to boost the AA further and keep the planes away. I get it that you might feel like you've wasted a slot using AA upgrades, but that's just the nature of randoms. You could always division with a CV to ensure they are useful. Also a healthier CV population would reduce that. How they make them more attractive to players? I dunno.

i feel like given the right incentives it would bring life back to the CV class and maybe make people a bit more enthusiastic about playing them/with them, an easy way to see would be if WG released an event as a trial for it. thank you for sharing your opinion.

294 posts
2,997 battles

As long as things like Saipan exists with the devs stance on current CV balance as "adequate", there will never be enough incentive for players to actively pursue CV line into high tier. I'm just gonna sit on my tier 6 until then.

381 posts
9,957 battles

CV has been a failure of design since the start imo. It consists of only extremities and there is no average basisb lance on.

1) The influence of CV on the outcome is way higher than that of any class. However there is no restriction on the skill required to unlock them. Despite this, the CV population hardly exceeds 10% of total players.

2) Aerial spotting pretty much ruined IJN DD and torp boats in general. By contrast, there are some DD (high tier USN/USSR) that have DFAA combined with fairly decent base AA which makes dropping on them nearly impossible if that player knows what to do in a real match.

3) CV can delete 90% ships in the game if they go alone. Then it is rendered nearly useless if they manage to form a group of 3 ships or more at all times - which is not hard to do at mid-high tier due to the more passive gameplay.

4) The 360 degree strafe bug and non-panic bug are still there for like 1 year already, combined with a UI that fails to support APM higher than 120 from my experience.

Honestly I think the removal of CV would have even less impact than the removal of stealth firing. Problem is WG already invested too much effort on this class to do so.

[HMAS]
5 posts
3,074 battles
On 6/9/2017 at 3:33 AM, Daxtacy said:

constructive criticism* unless you would like to point out how it is not.

obviously there is a reason for CV being in the state they are in right now, and so far every response has been hashing over what i already know. point being the reason they prob got nerfed into the ground is because a lot of players are annoyed by them...part of that is to do with the fact that your main counter to being attacked from CV is your own CV. if your own CV is bad then the WHOLE TEAM suffers. let me ask you this, if there was another game mode that offered higher rewards but was more challenging...obviously people who are more skilled and are at higher tiers would opt to play that mode yes? because grinding high tier ships takes a long time, if you added a game mode with CV and one without while buffing the CV in that mode then it would not only make CV play more worthwhile it would also provide an enviroment for higher skilled players and those learning the game. WG are always going to cater to the 99% and that wont change, so if you want better CV you need a solution....all im doing is giving my opinion on what that could be. and lets face it, if skilled players that know the game and are well versed in its mechanics WOULDNT play a game mode that is exactly the way it is now except with buffed CV to how they used to be, for higher rewards then maybe CV shouldnt be in the game at all. 

every new line has increasingly effective AA and you want to say that crap they removed the manual drop from t4-t5 higher teirs USN cruisers and BBs can decimate aircraft the idiots that yolo out in the open are the ones that get killed

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,569 battles
5 minutes ago, mmyatt95 said:

every new line has increasingly effective AA and you want to say that crap they removed the manual drop from t4-t5 higher teirs USN cruisers and BBs can decimate aircraft the idiots that yolo out in the open are the ones that get killed

no they dont

because too many sealclubbers

only a fully AA built USN or mid tier KM BB can do that, and even so they are giving up a lot of things for that right to do so

this is the same for every ship class apart from DDs, and that's arguable

what they should be doing is to attract players back from sealculbbing to high tiers, get rid of the T5-4 manually drop nerf(or change it so it isnt so damaging)

Beta Tester
60 posts
7,251 battles

I think one way to balance CV vs all classes is to implement a 1 tier gap in matchmaking for all ships, this would reduce the chances of bottom tier ships from being overwhelmed by planes they can't shoot down and carriers being wrecked by higher tier AA, this could also be easier for WG to balance as they wouldn't have to consider the differences in two tiers of AA.

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,569 battles
3 minutes ago, Communist_Potato said:

I think one way to balance CV vs all classes is to implement a 1 tier gap in matchmaking for all ships, this would reduce the chances of bottom tier ships from being overwhelmed by planes they can't shoot down and carriers being wrecked by higher tier AA, this could also be easier for WG to balance as they wouldn't have to consider the differences in two tiers of AA.

the +/-1 MM idea has been tossed out there for ages, WG has not see fit to implement it and i am actually glad they did due to the whole other bunch of balancing problems it brings with it

[HMAS]
5 posts
3,074 battles
3 hours ago, drakon233 said:

no they dont

because too many sealclubbers

only a fully AA built USN or mid tier KM BB can do that, and even so they are giving up a lot of things for that right to do so

this is the same for every ship class apart from DDs, and that's arguable

what they should be doing is to attract players back from sealculbbing to high tiers, get rid of the T5-4 manually drop nerf(or change it so it isnt so damaging)

USN cruisers Cleveland and up Atlanta

new Mexico and up

most cruisers past T6 gets defensive AA fire which with no investment can massacre half a sqn and then your spread is so wide you can miss a stationary battleship

and from your stats i would guess that you have very little experience in carriers considering they only make 1% of your battles

while i agree with he manual drop removal in low teir carriers because of the almost non existence of AA at t4-5 then T6 comes up and suddenly everything cruisers get a you strike miss and you loose half a sqn button

so carriers pick off isolated ships because its all they can hence why strike midway goes one of 2 ways the enemy team sticks together and you do SFA or they scatter and you use them as a punching bag

[R-A-N]
15 posts
3,177 battles
On 12/06/2017 at 10:36 PM, Harpoon01 said:

This whole topic screaming

"I want CV to be removed from the my match completely"

what about low tier games then? where some ships literally have no AA at all, even without manual drop youre guaranteed 1-2 hits on something like a battleship even if it turns into the planes on approach with no risk at all, losing zero planes. in that case i dont think CV has a place in the game. different story where you can actually defend yourself. problem is cruisers that tend to have good AA will generally try to find an island somewhere to shoot over without being detected, not wait around for their battleships. players care about themselves only most of the time, they dont care about providing AA to the rest of their team. further more MM doesnt guarantee a cruiser with good AA in matches with CV. and then you have matches with multiple CV, what are you supposed to do when you get cross dropped? lose half your hp for no reason at all and wait for the dive bombers. from my point of view the game was designed like rock paper scissors yeah? BB counters CA CA counters DD DD counters BB. but then people can always work together as a perfect team right? so CA get HE to fire spam BB, DD get smoke and long range torps to use stealth to kill and then BB get that RNG where a good salvo can wipe out a CA. but then theres CV, they can spot dd so stealth is out the window. they can also cross drop them, BB basically get screwed here because theres nothing they can do if a CV wants them dead and their team leaves them behind leaving only the CA as a counter. and like ive mentioned before, not all CA have the AA to counter a CV for more than basic self defence. feel free to point out where im wrong.

Super Tester
7,578 posts
8,001 battles

Well, if I'm being honest, about 50% of my losses are because of allied CV, and I don't really lose that much due to division padding. I think they feel like they are doing a favor to the player base by picking CV. Come on guys, be like me, if you are bad in a class, just don't touch that....