Sign in to follow this  
fighter9374

Getting planes out of dogfights/Bombers playing psudo-fighters

5 comments in this topic

162 posts
3,307 battles

I need to know this as a CV player. I heard there is a way to get your fighter squadron out of a losing dogfight. What's the mechanic and how do I do this?

​Also I've seen some CV players use their bomber squadrons as a slowdown tactic to save their torpedo bombers from my fighters. How does that work and what are the controls?

Beta Tester
358 posts
7,415 battles

T6 and above can use the strafe attack to get out of a dog fight but you lose one plane as a penalty except for Saipan AFAIK. As far as using their bombers they are just baiting you by sending them close to your fighters there are no extra controls involved it's up to the player to judge the value of the targets in front of them. If you know the dive bombers have just attacked and there are torpedo bombers approaching then attack the torpedo bombers, if there is nothing but the dive bombers to attack then they will be the most valuable target. It's as simple as not taking the bait.

162 posts
3,307 battles

Are you sure? I've tried to use strafes to get away from a dogfight but the 2 groups just continue to hammer each other.

Also won't the enemy fighter group just chase down your fighter group if that happens?

Beta Tester
358 posts
7,415 battles

https://youtu.be/oBirBC7Xcp8

Were you in a T6 carrier? Just watch this replay you'll see Aerroon strafe out of a dog fight but remember he's playing Saipan so doesn't lose any fighters, he actually explains that Saipan doesn't lose any planes for strafing out of the dog fight.

1,105 posts

if u 1vs1 in dogfight u can escape by strafe..... but if you 1vs2 there is a chance when you cannt escape . and its happen most of the time. my advice is before getting the 1vs2, just strafe and escape to direction of the other fighter. so you can escape while shotdown enemy plane.

Sign in to follow this