Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Captain_Fathom

Did somebody say "Royal Navy Battleships"?

31 comments in this topic

63 posts
1,554 battles

Fear not Anti-Whining Brigade, this is not​ the thread you are looking for....

I'm sure I'm not the only one who was like this when they saw it..

RpmkqjD.gif

Edited by Captain_Fathom

[LNA]
1,665 posts
10,469 battles

Did i see a radar in those picture ? SO RN BB will be the big middle finger to nail DD to the coffin after Big Mo.

Seriously , if BB gets radar en massed like that i wonder which hole i can fit a dd in and hide :hiding:

44 posts
6,348 battles

Tally ho eh what old boy? England expects every man (or woman) to do his (or her) duty.

"Rule Britannia, Britannia rules not much

Less than the Spanish

Or the French

Or the Dutch."

Always look forward to new ships, especially BBs, and especially RN ones, which come complete with a silly accent.

44 posts
6,348 battles

Nelson, the Izumo of RN. Put in reverse and que "Long live the queen". Enjoy your enemies burning while sipping on tea.

Looks like the E-Type Jaguar of BBs:- A long, long bonnet and the cabin at the rear.

1,493 posts

During the ships existence, the Rodney & Nelson were jokingly referred to as "Rodnol " & "Nelsol", because they looked similar to tanker ships that belonged to a company that always had the tanker names ending with "ol"

They were a cut down version of the proposed "N3" design battleship, their design is unconventional because they added a lot of lessons learned during WWI, but the original designs were "trimmed" after the Washington treaty on 1922, so they lost size, speed & armour to comply with the new regulations agreed on.... Another nickname for them is cherry tree ships, so called after Washingtons cherry tree had been cut down.

They had unusual underwater torpedo protection, because they sandwiched seawater in between armour plate... So it would be interesting to see how it performs..

Ordrazz

[BOTES]
439 posts
3,955 battles

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

firstly we have AA built BB, then the one who get torpedoes, then the one who gets sonar, then the one who gets DFAA, then the one who get RADAR

WORLD OF BATTLESHIPSTM

[LLBC]
747 posts
6,863 battles

WORLD OF BATTLESHIPSTM

That was the original name all along. :popcorn:

346 posts

Fear not Anti-Whining Brigade, this is not​ the thread you are looking for....

I'm sure I'm not the only one who was like this when they saw it..

RpmkqjD.gif

Time to grind caledon! again...

98 posts
230 battles

Ohh, my Langley is going to have a field day torping the crap out of them

But my Nassau is getting wrecked by DD need some help here

[SGC]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,811 battles

I mean...

Everyone kept asking where the British BBs are...

Now that they are here...

Everyone is complaining that there are more BBs.

Beta Tester
823 posts
4,972 battles

I mean...

I'm not, I want more BB's. But I want less ship lines with consumables to define them.

WG didn't know how to define these ships...so...give them smoke? nah, radar. Cuz if it's one thing the overly nerfed IJN dd's need is more radar. Meanwhile Khab is like 'I dont even care'

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

sad isn't it, when apparently IJN DD stats already sit at Rock Bottom of statistic

they must make a basement for it

[BOTES]
439 posts
3,955 battles

I mean...

I see where you're coming from with that statement, new contents in game are always welcoming news, but it's not mores BBs but more BBs in game that concerns the players.

According existing information , the RN BBs seemingly has the ability to use Radar Surveillance consumable as a sort of gimmick/ national percularity. The addition of such consumable, much like how German Battleships received the Hydro Actoustic Search consumable, could potentially lead to 1. increased Battleship popularity in a game and 2. dilution of the Cruiser's supposed role in the game meta. I shall explain:

1. the improved utility of with consumables implies a higher BB player population, and with statistics indicating that 
2. Cruisers in this game are supposed to be supportive with fire power & consumables (such as providing AAA and radaring enemy DDs) according to the descriptions in game. The trend where BBs are receiving consumables akin to their Cruisers counterparts, such as German Battleships getting Hydro and Missouri, eventually negate the necessity and utility of cruisers in battle when a BB can do the exact same thing as you do

Perhaps Flamu's comment on Reddit about the RN battleship news will best explain the scenario, said comment cannot be posted onto the forum owning to "bad words"  in  the post   
and

Edited by 9mm1n

[LBAS]
4,485 posts
25,665 battles

That was the original name all along. :popcorn:

still

World of Warships Asia - download and play the free online multiplayer war game about battleships, take part in naval war games

[LLBC]
747 posts
6,863 battles

still

Block Quote

World of Warships Asia - download and play the free online multiplayer war game about battleships, take part in naval war games

Oh. It figures. :D

[LBAS]
4,485 posts
25,665 battles

Oh. It figures. :D

every time when new branch of BBs was spotted/leaked, thats the hottest time
Edited by MatterCore

173 posts
5,332 battles

Did i see a radar in those picture ? SO RN BB will be the big middle finger to nail DD to the coffin after Big Mo.

Seriously , if BB gets radar en massed like that i wonder which hole i can fit a dd in and hide :hiding:

I'm ok with the radar thing as long as it comes down to this. Give them New Orleans radar in exchange of the repair slot. Just like how RN cruisers would choose between radar and smoke. Maximum of 2 charges for premium, 3 with SI.

Sign in to follow this