Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
LonerPrime

The planes of Bismarck.

6 comments in this topic

294 posts
2,997 battles

I noticed that the planes on the Bismarck aren't physically modeled into the game. First I thought something like this:

d7uAOxu.jpg

But then I decided to take a look at her sister ship, Tripitz.

Ngj5I5l.jpg

Hmm... now don't get me wrong, not trying to be nit picky here about why WG didn't add the plane to Bismarck or any such stuff. I am just curious about my assumption here. Did the German WW2 BBs stow their planes in hangers or were they in the open like the planes of any other BBs? I mean if they did, great; but then why is Tripitz's plane in the open? If they didn't stow it... is there a historical reason Bismarck's plane is missing or is it simply just something WG forgot to implement?

Edited by LonerPrime

294 posts
2,997 battles

Right, I guess it's a WG thing only. Which does make me want to nit pick now. Sure it isn't game breaking but if you can model a plane on Tripitz sure as heck you can model it on Bismarck too. I mean I doubt their would be a coding problem since it clearly works without issues on the Trip. Guess I'll just put a ticket and not hope for much except "We will handle it soon™"

1,107 posts
7,849 battles

They Both store it when its not used

there 1 large hangar and 2 small ones on port and starboard beside of the smokestack

European countries store their aircraft inside if they can.

USN and IJN preffer to have as many as aircraft they can bring into the deck, even if stored outside its ok

that because pasific is big place, and every pair of eyes put into air count

Edited by humusz

294 posts
2,997 battles

I don't really mind the plane not being there because they were stored. But then why model it on the Tripitz...? Ehh as I said nothing game breaking, just messes with game immersion. I guess it will pass.

Sign in to follow this