You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Von_Woodward

Saipan needs fighters to be of a lower tier

16 comments in this topic

2 posts

The Saipans fighters are tier 9 so for a tier 7 carrier is either going to have a tier 6 or 7 tier fighter which are no match. It is so bad that I dont even launch planes due to this unbalance in the game. Im sure it pisses others off , but there is not much I can do. I've lost all my planes trying to remove 1 squadron , i say try because they all failed. Wargaming needs to fix this unbalance

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

it because he use Air Superiority over Air Support

which mean he cant even deal enough damage unless he use his single squad Dive Bomber

455 posts
8,038 battles

Best solution : everyone stop playing t7 carriers. Stick to t6 and below or freexp/coop to t8. WG is never going to fix Saipan so let Saipan players fight each other.

1,347 posts
8,872 battles

Just free XP to tier 8.

Thank god I got past tier 7 before they introduced the Strafe disengage mechanic. Thanks to that you can't even bait and trap his fighters above friendly AA.

65 posts
3,473 battles

"Saipan is fair and balanced" - said no one ever

The so-called balanced is done my smaller squadron size of 3 torp planes, but those are enough to cause trouble to tier 7 ships.

Edited by Captain_WrongHood

98 posts
230 battles

I don't know how I'm going to grind bogue with Saipan and Kaga running around along with Atlanta and other op American AA

84 posts
4,438 battles

You shouldn't have much problem fighting a Saipan in other tier 7 Carrier unless it's Strat driving the Saipan or other guy with similar caliber of skill. 

But of course it's the Asia server where the carrier driver know how to do stuff most of the time so our meta will involve

Saipan making other CV player want to smash their head in his/her own keyboard 

WG said Saipan is fine because the change they make to the ship will affect every server and there's some server where Saipan is underperforming 

Super Tester
2,725 posts

Simple "no" answer is what I got when I asked about changes (excluding cosmetics) on Saipan & other premium in Q&A portion.

They don't want to nerf it down & only way is buff it up.

Edited by Mingfang47

1,386 posts
8,237 battles

I don't know how I'm going to grind bogue with Saipan and Kaga running around along with Atlanta and other op American AA

Tier 5 carriers now have a protected matchmaking. You will never see anything above T6 if you go solo. And there isn't many powerful AA in T6, Cleveland is an exception.

Edited by _Halcyon

Super Tester
2,725 posts

So make OP stuff more OP, is their solution? What the heck?

That's how I understand Sub_Octavian answer on my question. If certain premium is under-performing, they gonna buff it up & only way up.

[LNA]
1,665 posts
10,469 battles
1 minute ago, Onlinegamer said:

48/85 vs 72

Ranger still beat Saipan

Hiryu still troll Saipan

Kaga still ______

202 ranger sure beat saipan

111 ranger not a chance 

013 ranger snipe or be sniped

312 Hiryu somewhat balanced :)