Sign in to follow this  
IJN_Harugumo

Got chat banned without doing anything? Mod abuse their power?

20 comments in this topic

634 posts
6,186 battles

Update: Oh well its 16 hours till my ban is lifted feel free to close this thread mods

Hi lads now i know that i do occasionally rant or chat spam and toxic on chats, but today I certainly haven't done that. I spoke in chat about less than 10 sentences and I used quick messages mainly.

After playing some 7 games i took a lunch break and as I got on 10 minutes ago i saw a notification saying i received a chat spam ban by RyZyz? 

And my last game-Akizuki was played on 12:07 am (i have rep file enabled) but the ban was issued at 13:46 - nearly two hours after my last game?

I quickly looked through my 7 rep files and i certainly havent said anything abusive-no bad words, swear words, religious or any thing like that , let alone spam. 

Disputing Mod/GM/Admin Decision , Thread Locked , Please Refer to https://asia.wargaming.net/support/, User Warned
~Ephys

Edited by Ephys

634 posts
6,186 battles

No point disputing here as you will only get crayoned.   Appeal through support.

its only a one day ban so i dont think support will read my appeal before that  anyway. 

Beta Tester
906 posts

The whole thing is a dictatorship. Mods are fast to ban because you express your views.

I mentioned cvs are sky [Content Removed]. Bang 1 day gag order.

I hate cvs and thats my view. Mods have too much power.

Just remember. Wg dont pee off the customers paying for your game. I vow not to spend any more money on this game. I was generous in the pass. Not anymore.

Whatever. I suggest voting with your wallets.

Inapproriate Use of Illness/Diseases , Post Edited , User Sanctioned
~Ephys

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

The whole thing is a dictatorship. Mods are fast to ban because you express your views.

I mentioned cvs are sky [Content Removed]. Bang 1 day gag order.

I hate cvs and thats my view. Mods have too much power.

Just remember. Wg dont pee off the customers paying for your game. I vow not to spend any more money on this game. I was generous in the pass. Not anymore.

Whatever. I suggest voting with your wallets.

3.4 Names (Players and Clans), Avatars, Images/Video, Signatures & Clan logos

Certain content for names, avatars, images/video, signatures & clan logos, have no place on the World of Warships forums or within the World of Warships game, due to their extremely offensive, annoying or inappropriate nature. The following list is only a summary, but it gives some idea of names, images, signatures, avatars and clan logos which are not accepted with the World of Warships environment:

Names, Avatars, Images/Video, Signatures & Clan logos ....

that contains insults, personal attacks, abuse or harassment.

that contains unprintable words or abbreviations, or which are unattractive and/or unreadable.

which have (in any way) racist or nationalistic implications which may create offense to a certain nation, ethnic, religious or racial group.

that contain an allusion of racial or national supremacy, as well as discriminative propaganda on any level.

which are derogatory discriminative or offensive to people with a disability or illness.

which have an association with sexuality, pedophilia, sexual abuse; or have an offensive connection to the human body or bodily functions.

which contain excessive gore or violence, or are obscene/vulgar.

which make reference to addictive or illegal substances or their use, or any other illegal activities.

which either in whole or partly contain copyrighted or registered trade mark elements.

that contain reference to current mainstream religions that may create offense, i.e. names such as God, Jesus, Allah, etc.

that contain Logotypes, symbols, emblems or figures connected in one way or another with organizations, that violate or were violating existing laws and rules (For example, using different variations of Nazi symbolic, abridgments and signs as well as credentials, names and surnames of Nazi leaders) which may provoke strong negative reaction/association or promote national/ethnic/religious hatred.

that are connected with negative historical or political personalities, first of all those who are judged by international courts for crimes against humanity, those that generally arouse feelings of suffering or disgust in the majority of people, as well as members of currently existing terrorist organizations;

that negatively portraits the projects moderators, staff or administration;

which in any other manner violates the End User License Agreement or local laws;

Quote Updated

~Ephys

[LNA]
1,657 posts
10,412 battles

Remember that we are in a multi national environment , what you yourself dont consider offensive can be highly so to another with different nationality and region.

Some jokes can be considered highly unpalatable to certain community so consider what you type in b4 commiting to them.

It always start with your innerself , ignorance is a crime.

The chatban can be a karma b/c someone send it to support later after a few days of process so you font notice it at all.

I myself got into serious trouble for not knowing the custom a few times you know and it doesnt just end with a chat ban but with a life threatening lynch mob when i wqs traveling

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Hi lads now i know that i do occasionally rant or chat spam and toxic on chats, but today I certainly haven't done that. I spoke in chat about less than 10 sentences and I used quick messages mainly.

After playing some 7 games i took a lunch break and as I got on 10 minutes ago i saw a notification saying i received a chat spam ban by RyZyz? 

And my last game-Akizuki was played on 12:07 am (i have rep file enabled) but the ban was issued at 13:46 - nearly two hours after my last game?

I quickly looked through my 7 rep files and i certainly havent said anything abusive-no bad words, swear words, religious or any thing like that , let alone spam. 

The report usually is read few days after someone send it to the support, so it might be a case few days ago that make you banned

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,825 posts
4,103 battles

Slamuez.  I'm 100% behind WG when they smack someone for using that term.  After you watch someone die slowly from it you know it is nothing to be joked about or taken lightly or used to insult people.

Edited by RalphTheTheatreCat

381 posts
9,957 battles

Slamuez.  I'm 100% behind WG when they smack someone for using that term.  After you watch someone die slowly from it you know it is nothing to be joked about or taken lightly or used to insult people.

IMO, all the bad things that people have to resort to using that "C" word to complain have a similar effect on the life of this game just as the disease does to the life of a human. More like a fair comparison rather than an insult. 

Sigh, people are so fragile these days...Good times create weak men I guess.

[MEGA]
4,561 posts
17,548 battles

as ol' abe said, "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power” and looks like most butthurt emo internet people have too much power these days

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,825 posts
4,103 battles

IMO, all the bad things that people have to resort to using that "C" word to complain have a similar effect on the life of this game just as the disease does to the life of a human. More like a fair comparison rather than an insult. 

​Everyone is entitled to their opinion.  My opinion is its not something that constitutes a joke, humour or comparison to a fictional game.

Beta Tester
906 posts

My father died from it too. 

Seriously its just a game. Crap happens. Yes the mods can warn first. 

But bang first offense. Straight 1 day ban?

Well either mods are doing this for free or they get paid by WG. Remember who pays WG. 

Btw cvs are broken in the current state. How about wg fix their game and make it likable by the gaming community. Instead of gagging the community on what they think.

[MEGA]
4,561 posts
17,548 battles

My father died from it too. 

Seriously its just a game. Crap happens. Yes the mods can warn first. 

But bang first offense. Straight 1 day ban?

Well either mods are doing this for free or they get paid by WG. Remember who pays WG. 

Btw cvs are broken in the current state. How about wg fix their game and make it likable by the gaming community. Instead of gagging the community on what they think.

RIP man
Edited by drakon233

Beta Tester
906 posts

Your view can also be that CVz are game breaking and unwanted. You don't really have to use the skyt**** slur.

How about sky moles?

Sky scrubs? 

Point and click rts no skill players?

Either way if gamers are so shallow they cant stomach other peoples views. Maybe they should quit the internet. 

There are much more insulting words online and i couldnt careless whether directed at myself or not. 

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

for one, i dont see why "shit" isnt banned and C***** is... i mean generally speaking isnt shit more demeaning?

It depends on the strength of the word

The word motherf

Is definitely more painful than f

But both already severe enough

Edited by Harpoon01

[MEGA]
4,561 posts
17,548 battles

er, correct me if im wrong, but growing up on the streets in the states(in a matter of speaking), i learnt that F is at the same lvl of offence as shit, while B, C and whatever takes 2nd place, worst is MF and bullshit, but it dosnt seem so on asia?

[LNA]
1,657 posts
10,412 battles

er, correct me if im wrong, but growing up on the streets in the states(in a matter of speaking), i learnt that F is at the same lvl of offence as shit, while B, C and whatever takes 2nd place, worst is MF and bullshit, but it dosnt seem so on asia?

Americans are more expressive and more tolerant towards such language, say the same word to a british man and you can get punched. US talks are frequently dirty and no one there will tell you thats its abnormal. However , situation different if it is said on SEA where mods has more or less british heritage in their language usage and how they perceive the word.

Forum's rule never did clarify how or whixh or what words not to used and its up to the mods decision and understanding.

Some words here are banned while it was fine in the NA forum