Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Serazahar

Loyang Hydro Buff Unfair?

21 comments in this topic

66 posts
4,069 battles

So here I was sailing around in my lovely German destroyers when I heard that the Loyang is going to get a hydro range buff. It was all fine and dandy and I didn't mind it until I heard it was the T7 German Cruiser Hydro with a 5.4 km range. 

This is quite unacceptable and the german DD had to compensate the hydro with the shortest smoke duration right? So why should the Loyang be given the GERMAN hydro range at T8 to boot. Not to mention it has USN smoke as well. It should be given the normal cruiser hydro at T7 or T8 and not the GERMAN hydro range. 

Also I heard that German Destroyers all of them used to have GERMAN hydro but was removed except from T10 because it was considered too strong? Why should something that was removed for being too strong be given to Loyang which has USN smoke as well.

Another way to compensate this for GERMAN Destroyers should be giving the german destroyers the german HE shell trait nationality since the cruisers are going to be given that too. Seems to me that this looks like a german trait thing so it should be given to the destroyer to. 1/4 He pen. German DD HE alpha is low compared to the rest of the nation so they should be compensated with more penetration and less damage right? That's what they are doing it for cruisers anyways.

On the side note, I hate radar minotaur so much!!! D:

Super Tester
989 posts
4,319 battles

The ship have better tech. Not made in USA. Made in land of industries

Jokes aside, i really dont kmow why. But it all depends on how the server stats of the ships. 

Edited by Safiuddin97

[LYNMF]
463 posts
10,361 battles

So sad to see WG is getting more to P2W (Pay to Get Better Ship)

as more prem ships getting more good stuff that will never be nerf as oppose to their tech tree counterpart

We had already have several broken ships that's 'not OP' being sold like buyfast, paytuzov, saipan and now kaga. We don't need more ships like that. We need more sims,  hood and scharnhorst. Unique but not brokenly fun (for the owner)

[MEGA]
4,562 posts
17,552 battles

well to be fair, the Loyang has been underproforming for a long time, so i guess WG needs to buff the "less skilled playerbase" to make the server average better

1,386 posts
8,224 battles

those damned Lo Yang is actually have AADF to prevent me from using my dive bomber. its super annoying, the moment it appear i will spam F3.

Hull C Benson also has a DAAF. People just want all the five turrets so they usually don't pick it.

[MEGA]
4,562 posts
17,552 battles

Hull C Benson also has a DAAF. People just want all the five turrets so they usually don't pick it.

why do you bother explaining?

[MEGA]
4,562 posts
17,552 battles

This is quite unacceptable and the german DD had to compensate the hydro with the shortest smoke duration right? So why should the Loyang be given the GERMAN hydro range at T8 to boot. Not to mention it has USN smoke as well. It should be given the normal cruiser hydro at T7 or T8 and not the GERMAN hydro range.

well you have to remember the KM DDs have much better selection at torps then the loyang, which has to choose between banzai 6km torps and the shitty mahan torps, not to mention she's outgunned by almost all the T8 DDs out there 4 127mms just dont cut it for that tier, which is why almost no one uses the c hull benson. i would actually say that it pretty balanced since the Loyang can SPOT people, but has a very hard time fighting them off, while the KM DDs have a somewhat easier time of fighting people off but cant cap contest as well

[LNA]
1,658 posts
10,425 battles

Rule #1: At wargaming, all premium tanks/ships are "fair and balanced" lol

Thats what makes them money so there is that.

No one will commit their labour for free right and this is not a charity.

I have no problem with premiums unless they obsolete all others (payfast, frypans,lenin showboat,...)

Those example are too strong for their tiers and is in need of a few nerfs yo get them in line either directly or indirectly

294 posts
2,997 battles

I used to prefer WG's WOT approach to premium vehicles. They are weaker than their tier. But then they went ahead and introduced gold shells so I guess WOT would be a bad example to invoke. But yea I agree too, premiums that are equal to their tiers are tolerable but making them stronger is just straight out pay to win especially when WG refrains from "nerfing" premiums directly. I can defeat an average player in these kinds of ships most of the times but in the hands of a unicum/division players? Yea.. I saw a full HP Amagi get burnt to death by two Belfast while they sat in smoke 10 kms out and a Farragut spotting for them from behind an island. The guy was like 2 kms out before he bought it.

66 posts
4,069 battles

well you have to remember the KM DDs have much better selection at torps then the loyang, which has to choose between banzai 6km torps and the shitty mahan torps, not to mention she's outgunned by almost all the T8 DDs out there 4 127mms just dont cut it for that tier, which is why almost no one uses the c hull benson. i would actually say that it pretty balanced since the Loyang can SPOT people, but has a very hard time fighting them off, while the KM DDs have a somewhat easier time of fighting people off but cant cap contest as well

Z 23 still has lower dpm than loyang and is bigger and longer. WG removed german hydro from z 23 because it was too strong cause 5.4km spotting through smoke in T8 is pretty OP and then they decide to give the consumable considered op to a ship with usn dd smoke. That is really unfair. It should just get standard t7 cruiser hydro instead of the german ones.

66 posts
4,069 battles

So sad to see WG is getting more to P2W (Pay to Get Better Ship)

as more prem ships getting more good stuff that will never be nerf as oppose to their tech tree counterpart

We had already have several broken ships that's 'not OP' being sold like buyfast, paytuzov, saipan and now kaga. We don't need more ships like that. We need more sims,  hood and scharnhorst. Unique but not brokenly fun (for the owner)

I agree apart from Kaga being considered OP. I never considered Kaga to be OP and it is unique with its TB drop pattern.

520 posts
11,126 battles

Personally, nope.. i do not consider it unfair.

I think the Z23, even if its not a premium.. can still out shoot the Loyang or the Z46 in the right hands, i see the buffed loyang as a Z46 given the Range Buff.  The german DDS have been my favorite since i have reached Z52 and they have distinct qualities over US DDs and even the Lo Yang.  Contrary to what most people think.. i think the AP qualities of German guns are greatly underestimated.

So regarding the Buff.....  i say.... Bring it on! :)

66 posts
4,069 battles

Personally, nope.. i do not consider it unfair.

I think the Z23, even if its not a premium.. can still out shoot the Loyang or the Z46 in the right hands, i see the buffed loyang as a Z46 given the Range Buff.  The german DDS have been my favorite since i have reached Z52 and they have distinct qualities over US DDs and even the Lo Yang.  Contrary to what most people think.. i think the AP qualities of German guns are greatly underestimated.

So regarding the Buff.....  i say.... Bring it on! :)

z 23 ap is going to overpenetrate on every dd at tier 8.

520 posts
11,126 battles

Then use the DD to its strength.  I use mine to counter cap.  HE is stronger, cruiser HE that is good in burning other ships.    AP is great against other German DDS at tier 8 and against dds at tier 9  specially Russian DDS.  

You cant use the Z23 on the same level as any other tier 8.. BUT.....its still good.

173 posts
5,332 battles

Z 23 still has lower dpm than loyang and is bigger and longer. WG removed german hydro from z 23 because it was too strong cause 5.4km spotting through smoke in T8 is pretty OP and then they decide to give the consumable considered op to a ship with usn dd smoke. That is really unfair. It should just get standard t7 cruiser hydro instead of the german ones.

It's just the way it goes. Just like the Tirpitz. Tirpitz sell like hotcakes when it was first released. When Bismarck arrived, no one wanted to buy Tirpitz because, heck, Bismarck is a better ship, and it's free. So to boost sales for an already old premium ship, they buffed its secondaries. Now, everyone would want it because hey its better than the Bismarck at least offensively because torpedoes.

Now when the German DD arrived, let me ask you. Why would you buy the Lo Yang when you could get a hydro DD without spending a cent in the form of the German DD? Buffing the Lo Yang will attract more people on it, especially the guys playing in the competitive arena. It's good from a business perspective. Not so much for the F2P player like me.

455 posts
8,038 battles

f2p games will always be unfair towards the non paying players unless the game has such a huge playerbase that the game can survive just off of cosmetic or balanced content, like dota2, LoL,  maybe even Hearthstone. Theres no use asking wg to make premium ships balanced (ex saipan, belfast) because they wont except for universal changes. (oh wait saipan is affected much more favorably by the strafe exit mechanism)

Luckily one or two premium ships in a match does not affect the balance of a 12v12 game that much except for some blatantly broken ships, so I guess we'll just have to live with it till the game becomes unplayable or we just want to quit

1,386 posts
8,224 battles

IIRC Z23's 150mm shells have good HE at 2,200 alpha damage, the same as US/VMF 6" and higher than RN/RM/KM cruisers. So just pick HE when shooting DD.

Sign in to follow this