You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Skarhabek

not rant thread : La Galissonnière Da REAL GLASS CANON!

18 comments in this topic

1,105 posts

From potato to potato

well, La Galissonnière is actually 4x BETTER THAN Nurnberg... Different from the Yolo Emile Bertin playstyle, La Galissonnière is actually a camper. High Burn Chance, high accuracy, 3x3 turret with nice orbit AND FAST traverse. also La Galissonnière have as good AA as Cleveland, just need the range upgrade and it can shoot plane with ease. the cons is this ship have insane big citadel and crap 152 shatter HE.

nyooo, the big citadel problem can be solved by "Priority target" and CAMPING all the way (thanks for advice bro). the moment there is somebody aim at your ship (especially BB) its time to run with speed boosta or hide behind friendly BB. the best way is dont pull the agro. for the crap HE152mm againts T8 some people tell to take "IFHE", but of course still farming that 10 pts.

18814254_441331012913807_460251652049991

[missed the super structure and hit the deck]

i cannt imagine how stroonk La Galissonnière if equipped with IFHE. the burn chance is also high that the shattered HE shell can cause fire LOL.

some people tell you to not play the French CA line. this is the reason why La Galissonnière is actually decent to play. more potential damage mean MORE CREDIT.

18839100_441331752913733_12698006750771118921667_441331996247042_277478570095103

5K damage? and losing? do you think killing one ship give you that XP and credit?

18835880_441340969579478_16670283045753618814177_441340986246143_918064264233988

WAOW! need comparison?

18813960_441332212913687_458481781282835

87K credit ? SERIOUSLY?

in the end, The La Galissonnière or French CA is not as bad as you think. they are the Doppelsoldner in the warship game, high risk high reward. Good cannon with crap survivability.... my advice is avoid the IJN BB especially the Nagato because their AP HURT SO MUCH -_-

Recommended for Potato who want to be Git Gud in the game with the camping meta....

Reference : http://forum.worldofwarships.asia/index.php?/topic/25187-la-galissionaire-is-nurnberg-mk2-so-crap-please-switch-emile-bertin-for-t6-ship-instead/

just question, do IFHE still usefull in Algerie? it got 203mm right?

294 posts
2,997 battles

I really want to go looking for those 22 posts that this guy made that actually earned him upvotes. I truly do. Because right now I am not even sure what I am reading.

Edited by LonerPrime

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,836 posts
4,138 battles

Overall the French line isn't as bad as people think.  The Bougainville is awful but who cares.  The la glass is a bit of a turd at the moment and it looks like it will get a buff.  Its high fire rate makes it a dangerous line if you aren't targeted but if ifhe is used you would certainly want to use signals and captain skills so you get the most out of it and increase your chances of fires

1,105 posts

What are you on about ?

Because right now I am not even sure what I am reading.

Finally i am understand how to play this ship :tea_cap: 

also this ship is actually nice with RoF and high burn chance.... better than nurnberg. i take back my word before, "La Glass is Nurnberg MK2"

The la glass is a bit of a turd at the moment and it looks like it will get a buff. ,.....

add a catapult fighter would be nice.... buff speed to 35 Knot will make it more yolo-able like emile bertin

980 posts
12,617 battles

La Gal is extremely underpowered. The key attribute of French cruisers (SPEED) is not there, even with speed boost on. It is not compensated by better guns or more armour or anything. Not trolling, this thing seriously needs a buff. 

Look forward to the 203s on the Algerie. 

1,105 posts

La Gal is extremely underpowered. The key attribute of French cruisers (SPEED) is not there, even with speed boost on. It is not compensated by better guns or more armour or anything. Not trolling, this thing seriously needs a buff. 

Look forward to the 203s on the Algerie. 

by WG wiki :

"By the outbreak of World War II, La Galissonnière was one of the best light cruisers in the world. In contrast to her predecessor, she featured good main battery guns and the best armor protection among ships of this type. In 1943, cruisers of this class received enhanced anti-aircraft armament and surveillance radars."

Radar? best light cruiser? WHERE IS THE CATAPULT FIGHTER? there should be an option to change speed boost into catapult fighter! if buff needed it would be 35 knot speed with and increased AP and HE shell damage by 1500 and 750 compared to emile bertin. the other option is the speed should remain when turning, not decreasing significantly. also reduce the turning radius for dodge shell

Yolo in FRCL is death.  be the grey man and hide amongst your team as a 2nd line support ship.  Nothing else.

Emile Bertin is Yoloable, it can dodge shell and keep kiting againts BB with speed less than 25knot. the weakness is, its struggle againts DD T7 like akizuki and Kiev.

Edited by Skarhabek

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

I dont know m8

You comparing tier 4 CV with tier 6 Cruiser

Your head didnt hit something, right?

346 posts

I dont know m8

You comparing tier 4 CV with tier 6 Cruiser

Your head didnt hit something, right?

T8 CV isn't that much better, 100K damage on Lex gets me 165K credit, In comparison T6 Cleveland - I don't remember how much damage , prob only 50K damage got me 600K credit one time, but of course , it was thanks to this that I could afford concealment mod for North Carolina (since I wasted credits buying concealment mod for Lexington - then it occured to me. CV economy is really bad, If a Cleveland can out earn a Lexington, there are problems) Don't know about comparing T4 CV with T6 cruiser when T8 CV can't match that credit making
Edited by BravaZulu296

[LNA]
1,665 posts
10,469 battles

T8 CV isn't that much better, 100K damage on Lex gets me 165K credit, In comparison T6 Cleveland - I don't remember how much damage , prob only 50K damage got me 600K credit one time, but of course , it was thanks to this that I could afford concealment mod for North Carolina (since I wasted credits buying concealment mod for Lexington - then it occured to me. CV economy is really bad, If a Cleveland can out earn a Lexington, there are problems) Don't know about comparing T4 CV with T6 cruiser when T8 CV can't match that credit making

CV economy is very different from any other class , i can name you a few battles where i do 50k in a Lexi and still hoard in 200k-300k credits, its all about which ships you damge ( dd and cv are the most juicy , bb is good for stats but bad for your wallet).

Also all ships will barely break balance of not losing credits from tier 8+ and if you dont have premium account , tier 9+ you will lose credits even when you win big and tier 10 cv is the most terrible (not the repair cost , the plane resupply after battle is the killer).

Tier 5-6-7 are designed for F2P players to farm their silvers to afford higher tiers , you can only earn credits regularly as tier 8 if you are unicum.

Premium time fanbois dont care as they will always make credits except tier 9 and 10.

IF you want to see really big credit earning , Missouri is the guy as i have seen him pump out a 2 mil credit match b4 with all the +% credit add ons

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

by WG wiki :

"By the outbreak of World War II, La Galissonnière was one of the best light cruisers in the world. In contrast to her predecessor, she featured good main battery guns and the best armor protection among ships of this type. In 1943, cruisers of this class received enhanced anti-aircraft armament and surveillance radars."

Radar? best light cruiser? WHERE IS THE CATAPULT FIGHTER? there should be an option to change speed boost into catapult fighter! if buff needed it would be 35 knot speed with and increased AP and HE shell damage by 1500 and 750 compared to emile bertin. the other option is the speed should remain when turning, not decreasing significantly. also reduce the turning radius for dodge shell

Emile Bertin is Yoloable, it can dodge shell and keep kiting againts BB with speed less than 25knot. the weakness is, its struggle againts DD T7 like akizuki and Kiev.

"Muh... Muh historical accuracy!"

​Following your logic, the USN ships should all have constantly active radar, be able to launch massive air groups with the carriers and snipe from extreme range with radar guided guns

283 posts
3,583 battles

This thread is bonkers!, I'll be watching from a safe distance :look: Hope you guys can agree on something, back to bed for me

1,493 posts

I need instructions on how to read this post, as I am having great difficulty understanding it.       :amazed:

Ordrazz

[SGC]
197 posts
10,285 battles

WHERE IS THE CATAPULT FIGHTER?

I'll answer that!

It's already been addressed in the Historical Section, in-game LaGlass is not LaGlass but is actually MONTCALM, one of the other ships of the line.

Would be better if we can switch between two hulls though - the original LaGlass with the catapult fighter and the Montcalm with more powerful AA.

On a side note, am I the only one who thinks LaGal's stern looks so sexy, esp with the AA battery arrangement?