Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Flemboy

Anyone notice any unexplainable torps?

17 comments in this topic

[AE]
202 posts
9,515 battles

Look, its almost certainly an enemy ship that's already been destroyed, hitting me with a spread out of nowhere.....but

I am pretty switched on about torps. On two occasions in the last few days a spread of "Enemy" torpedoes (ie. red tipped not white friendlies) has popped up off my bow and taken me out.

Not a carrier in game. All DD long since dead. Enemy cruiser on Other hemisphere quadrant, and only an enemy BB over from whence torps came. Not a Mutsu BB (whatever its name is ie no torps).

First time I just figured that an enemy DD/CA had fired, died, and a moment later I am wearing it. But same again today.

Anyone seen anything to suggest other than that I am just not being observant this week?

980 posts
12,617 battles

I always get hit by unexplainable torps in my Wyoming too!!! Then I get hit by 3-4 in one salvo. 

But this happens to me every day - you seem to be experiencing them recently. 

:(

353 posts
5,015 battles

Torps launched by arp 401, as old ship no tech for discovering tanatuinium signals cant dodge the torps

426 posts

I noticed that you mentioned Mutsu, 

So you are doing T6.  

You want to watch out for Duca, as she has 12 km stock torps that are super slow.  It takes them 2 minutes to get out to 12 km from launch.  I've gotten a lot lolpadeo hits with Duca.  

Enjoy torp spamming from allies! :teethhappy:

[RANZN]
32 posts
2,133 battles

Recently I've found that torp's fired at max distance have reached me as I've moved away expecting them. I've had torp's from a DD fired at 8km hit me at 9km. Sunk the DD at 8Km as I was moving away reached me at 9.5km and no they had only a 8km max distance range. it was most strange ???????? they where IJN DD tier 5.

Super Tester
7,586 posts
8,005 battles

Recently I've found that torp's fired at max distance have reached me as I've moved away expecting them. I've had torp's from a DD fired at 8km hit me at 9km. Sunk the DD at 8Km as I was moving away reached me at 9.5km and no they had only a 8km max distance range. it was most strange ???????? they where IJN DD tier 5.

No, most strange is your flawed observation. Just because you saw the DD at 8 km, doesn't mean he torped you when he was at 8km from you.

426 posts

What I like to do is see who is pushing in on my ship that has torps and launch into either their projected route or where I think they'll go from out of max range and let them run into the torps at max range or so.  

I get so many hits that way cause they are not expecting torps to be coming. 

Also, from the content of your question, it sounds like you've run into me at least once this past week.  Been doing a lot of Duca playing to grind out the Bismark Campaign.  Sorry for the salt, but I do call the Duca torps lolpadoes for a reason.  

They aren't torpedoes or lolpedoes as some ships have, (Furataka, ah, the lol moments :yes_cap:)  the Duca has lolpadeos which you get hits either on lol accounts (someone sees you launch torps and evades, and then runs back into them because they are so slow and thought they had run out :D) or potato moments, either the other guy or mine.  (TK moments, have done that by accident because THEY ARE SO SLOW!!)  

Enjoy these tips for avoiding or giving salt. :bajan:

Edited by BunnyDragon

Beta Tester
902 posts
4,281 battles

Sims' "Water mines" = Ded but still surpriez [Content Removed]

Discussion/linking illegal/inappropriate content , Post Edited , User Warned
~Ephys

Edited by Ephys

347 posts

I've found that occasionally when playing USN cruisers and battleships I hear torps launch without torpedo-carrying allies nearby and more often - incoming torps (wakeless and never hit anything), is that related in any way?

P.S I don't get these occurrences anymore but by chance it may happen to someone else

[RANZN]
32 posts
2,133 battles

No, most strange is your flawed observation. Just because you saw the DD at 8 km, doesn't mean he torped you when he was at 8km from you.

What I should have said was:- they have just come from behind an island and is the last DD left on there team and lasted only for a very short while before being sunk, like the time for my shells to hit them.

Beta Tester
733 posts
3,155 battles

What I should have said was:- they have just come from behind an island and is the last DD left on there team and lasted only for a very short while before being sunk, like the time for my shells to hit them.

Are you sure they just came from behind an island and not peek out to torp you before that?

Super Tester
7,586 posts
8,005 battles

I'm pretty sure he torped you, then did a 360 behind the island and then you saw him. If you are unsure you can always look at replays and judge the torp angle and etc. DDs are illusive, don't forget that. They will often do stuffs to lure you to their torp lines which you would normally avoid. I torped ahead of an Iowa, he was slowing down and would clearly avoid my torps. So I smoked up and start shooting as I noticed an island in front of him, he accelerated towards that cover which I forced him to do, which in turns lured her back into the torp lines. Also, DDs are fast enough to change position after torping. To throw you off balance.

Sign in to follow this