You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
silenthunter19944

Should Warships adopt Tanks's matchmaking ?

5 comments in this topic

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

Jesus Christ, after playing WOT for a while I'm bad at WoWS now.

Besides the point. Hi guys, welcome back to my thread where I usually rant because I'm mad cos bad. Anyway, let's get right into it

Today it ain't a rant or complaint. More of a question for WoWS which I already put in the title.

I think that World of Warships could adopt the World of Tanks matchmaking because right now I feel like it could be beneficial for the players. Simply put, being the only tier 8 in a tier 10 game simply sucks, although it does suck less if you are a BB or a DD. I think this is an issue because not all of us are super unicums like *insert XYZ here*. For the average players, imagine a poor New Orleans in a tier 10 game on Okinawa (which is the only t8 in the game). What is the poor guy meant to do? He can't push because he'll get obliterated the moment he sticks his head out. He can camp islands but there are many instances where the battle is on the other side of the map. In the end, poor guy does nothing the entire game, some damage if he is lucky and at the end up with a deficit of credit. I would mind this issue if it happens once or twice per day but lately I've had days where I've experienced this 6 games in a row. Yesh, I was going to rant. But if WoWS adapt the WOT's MM where there are more bottom tier tanks as opposed to top tiers. This allows uptiered players to well.... Compete and it will save a whole lot of frustration for the ones who always get up tiered.

With that being said. There are limitations to WOT's MM. Right now, there may be not enough players to accommodate for this MM as it requires a respectable amount of players playing each tier. Secondly, this means that tier 10 ships will not see ships of other tier. This a disadvantage because it reduces the diversity of ships in a game.
Anyway, that's my opinion. What do ya all think ?

[LNA]
1,659 posts
10,430 battles

I don t like it and don t want it( looking at the current wot problem) as u will most of the time be bottom tier ad be food for them. It also cause tier 8 bottleneck where tier 8 will spend most of their time to be food for tier 10 and 9. 3 5 7 and might look nice but it does not , as if the top 3 are brainless you will lose

Beta Tester
358 posts
7,415 battles
I suppose if you wanna play at three in the morning you'll see more top tier games as T8 but during peak hours T10 seems to be in most battles but then when you try to balance it so that not so many T10's are in one particular battle it's going to mean that T10's get spread out more. It's good and bad,​ well it's mostly bad for players trying to grind out T8 because they're more likely to see T10's in each battle so for anyone that wants to be top tier they're kind of forced to play T10 and that feeds the problem with seeing T10's in every match.