You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Dantes_Inferno

Botting in WOWs?

15 comments in this topic

679 posts
3,488 battles

Came across a player who failed to know the basics.

Started giving him instructions on how to play.  said he didn't care cos he was being paid to play the game.

Botting???

Guys you do know that there will be a hard wipe before open Beta, all progress and ships will be gone.

His name started with two very famous letters, familiar to us in WOT.

Wish I'd been thinking and taken a screenshot, at the time I laughed but now I see how that sort of behaviour is game destroying.

If you come across this please screenshot and pass on to one of the mods by PM, same with teamkilling. (Don't post it, that is naming and shaming)

Edited by Dantes_Inferno

679 posts
3,488 battles

Nope Amade's warning on how to do it and how it might stuff up kept me from doing it.

But I did manage to screetshot a TKer last night and have passed it on.

Beta Tester
545 posts
2,381 battles

Came across a player who failed to know the basics.

Started giving him instructions on how to play.  said he didn't care cos he was being paid to play the game.

Botting???

Guys you do know that there will be a hard wipe before open Beta, all progress and ships will be gone.

His name started with two very famous letters, familiar to us in WOT.

Wish I'd been thinking and taken a screenshot, at the time I laughed but now I see how that sort of behaviour is game destroying.

If you come across this please screenshot and pass on to one of the mods by PM, same with teamkilling. (Don't post it, that is naming and shaming)

ive been seeing alot of this .

Super Tester
1,177 posts
4,099 battles

Thought the only botting here is the coop mode, though it's called AI players.

Nah man, there are literal illicit botters in standard PvP as well. Of course, it's hard to prove with the little evidence that you have, but some players definitely do not behave like human players.

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

As has been stated (until some form of in-game reporting is in place) take screenshots/enable replays and PM mods with a link (do not post on the forums - that's naming and shaming and not allowed).

Although why you would bot a closed beta test that all progress in will get wiped when the game goes live I don't know....

Alpha Tester
878 posts
151 battles

As has been stated (until some form of in-game reporting is in place) take screenshots/enable replays and PM mods with a link (do not post on the forums - that's naming and shaming and not allowed).

Although why you would bot a closed beta test that all progress in will get wiped when the game goes live I don't know....

I just got it. This person is being payed to get enough battles for the Beta Gift ship. This person should be BANNED! Can you check client or server chat logs?

Super Tester
1,177 posts
4,099 battles

I just got it. This person is being payed to get enough battles for the Beta Gift ship. This person should be BANNED! Can you check client or server chat logs?

How much is the beta gift ship again? 1000 battles?

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

How much is the beta gift ship again? 1000 battles?

Whatever it is, must be worthy to keep

and stop looking and drooling at Mystia

Beta Tester
184 posts
107 battles

I think an IP ban would work for botters who are serial offenders. Prevent an account permanently or for a decent amount of time following the game going live.

I'd not be surprised if the people developing them for other WG games are already underway with this one realising that WG have been slack in dealing with the issue previously. Botting accounts to get pre-release gifts etc also makes for a saleable item (regardless of any intent to stop account sales that WG has).