You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
BabyGroot

Adapt WoT MM

7 comments in this topic

3 posts
2,226 battles

I don't know if this has already been brought up but I doesn't seem to see anyone anywhere from any WoWs community bringing up this topic so I just want to ask, why isn't the new and improved WoT MM applied to WoWs yet? Or is it even planned to be introduced in the future?

The current WoT MM is imo excellent since it completely removes the frustration of being one of the few bottom tiers fighting in a battle where everyone is +1 or +2 tiers higher than you. It tries to prioritize this set up: 3 top tiers, 5 middle tiers, and 7 bottom tier tanks. Although that's not always the case, sometimes it's 5 top tier and 10 bottom tier which is +-1 MM, at sometimes completely single tier battle.

SEE FULL INFO HERE: https://worldoftanks.asia/en/news/general-news/the-state-of-matchmaking/

It's positively received in WoT so I don't see how it's not going to work here too.. Maybe in WoWs it could be 2/4/7 since the matches here are only 12 vs 12. Maybe 4 top tiers and 6 bottom tiers, and maybe even full match of same tier ships. Whatever the devs decide on the number i'm down with it. This MM is simply SUPERIOR to the current random amount of bottom tiers against random amount of higher this which is mostly frustrating whenever you end up bottom tier, which is more often than not..

Discuss, or inform me if this is (hopefully) actually already planned?

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

WoT dev and WoWs dev are different group

also it is not that simple, for example

Destroyer is divided into several sub class; Torpedo boat (mostly Japan Destroyer), Gun boat , and Small Cruiser (high tier Russian Destroyer)

which they must include to calculation

it is particularly unfair to have 2 IJN DD in one team while the other team have 3 DD that either German, US, or Russian DD no matter the tier is

3 posts
2,226 battles

Yes, Lesta studio team is aware of that. They're monitoring the result, after that it's up to the team to discuss that matter.

This is good to hear! I hope they pass it up and get it in the game soon.

WoT dev and WoWs dev are different group

also it is not that simple, for example

Destroyer is divided into several sub class; Torpedo boat (mostly Japan Destroyer), Gun boat , and Small Cruiser (high tier Russian Destroyer)

which they must include to calculation

it is particularly unfair to have 2 IJN DD in one team while the other team have 3 DD that either German, US, or Russian DD no matter the tier is

Surely one can help the other, they are sister games after all.

I don't see the problem with different classes.. All I'm talking about here is the tier distribution. Making bottom tiers the majority so to avoid games where there's only 2 tier VI in a battle filled with tier VIIs and VIIIs.

That issue with DD distribution is an entirely different subject.. ish

3 posts
2,226 battles

They need to iron out the MM in WoT first. Tiers are far too top heavy and 8s get shafted

I haven't played p2w WoT that much since the last 3 updates.. How do you mean too top heavy? too much top tiers?

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

I haven't played p2w WoT that much since the last 3 updates.. How do you mean too top heavy? too much top tiers?

Most top tier are filled with Heavies that most tier below them have trouble penetrating them unless they us APCR (which is basically P2W, given paying customer use it 80% of the time)

Beta Tester
57 posts
145 battles

Essentially. Tier 8s almost are never top tier except in 1 tier only games. They keep getting dragged into tier 9s and 10s. Tier 9s are good, tier 10s see a lot of tier 10 only games. This means tier 7s are alright to play, tier 9s are the best tier to play and 3s dont see tier 5 which doesn't matter for WoWS. Tier 8s get the short end of the stick. Tier 6s? I barely play them but since you only meet 3-5 tier 7s, its ok. 

MM change is good but needs a lot of tweaking at high tiers before we even think about implementing a similar solution into WoWS. Bear in mind they did adopt the WoWS balancing teams by tank classes, albeit terribly. 

Most top tier are filled with Heavies that most tier below them have trouble penetrating them unless they us APCR (which is basically P2W, given paying customer use it 80% of the time)

No. That is only an issue when the MM decides to give one team the blatantly OP heavies, amplifying the game imbalance. 

An issue with the game balance, not so much MM.