You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
epojokke

Isn't the Phoenix just a wonderful little ship?

9 comments in this topic

39 posts
12,834 battles

I'm an early ships fan, I mostly play low tier cruisers, and the Phoenix is my favorite ship. 

The "Fire Bird" is a formidable opponent for any class of enemy.  She has those great American 6-inchers with their long range, low arcs and high rate of fire.  The casemate layout allows for rapid target switching and keeping guns on target while maneuvering.  She's also fast and agile, which really helps offset her thin armor and high citadel.  An excellent ship!

Edited by Shanghai_Slim

[LNA]
1,665 posts
10,470 battles

I am not a fan of phoenix and omaha. When a Konigsburg citadel me through the bow on the 2 ships i know that there is something very wrong , glad i past that stage.

Also from New orleans upward no one is scared of US ca cause no torp and u are pure utility support, if the team fails then u fail and u cant carry due to being support.

Frustrated ....

Beta Tester
733 posts
3,155 battles

I am not a fan of phoenix and omaha. When a Konigsburg citadel me through the bow on the 2 ships i know that there is something very wrong , glad i past that stage.

Also from New orleans upward no one is scared of US ca cause no torp and u are pure utility support, if the team fails then u fail and u cant carry due to being support.

Frustrated ....

DDs are scared of USN CA in high tiers though cuz radar....

Super Tester
7,558 posts
8,001 battles

Comparing tier for tier, Phoenix is the best tier 4 cruiser.

Let's look at counterparts...

Kuma, Svietlana lacks range. Karlsruhe is pretty situational and low protection, Danae is pointless, the French one.. uh.

This game is pretty much won by dpm and Phoenix has it.

Edited by icy_phoenix

455 posts
8,038 battles

Frustrated ....

Wat. CA aren't supposed to even use torps regularly. Soviet CA effectively have no torp at all and ijn CA coming to torp range is suicidal. Who does not fear DM radar at t10. And USN ap

1,386 posts
8,237 battles

Comparing tier for tier, Phoenix is the best tier 4 cruiser.

Let's look at counterparts...

Kuma, Svietlana lacks range. Karlsruhe is pretty situational and low protection, Danae is pointless, the French one.. uh.

This game is pretty much won by dpm and Phoenix has it.

The French T4 was pretty amazing, with nice gun counts, reasonable mounting, amazing range, good ballistics and nice survivability*, it's very competitive and much better than the T3 boat.

*I know it had no armor at all, but it's more of an advantage. Sail broadside against large caliber means over pen, while being able to autobounce 152mm AP bow on, the TDS covered over half of the ship's freeboard is immune to HE damage

1,493 posts

My imperator Nikolai loves the phoenix

Phoenix is a good & fun ship to splat, err I mean crush, err I mean one shot out of existence, err I mean citadel, err err err

I mean to sail around

It is........................

What more can I say ?   

:trollface:

Ordrazz