You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Aussie_Thunder

Dunkirk Jack

10 comments in this topic

20 posts
6,090 battles

If I am banned then so be it. I have noticed on many occasions that we on the Asian sever miss out on important things. We are told to use the severe and not to use the NA server but this is what is causing the problem. At present the Dunkirk Jack is on offer to the NA server and not to the Asian server. Please remember that there are those on the Asian server who are not Asian. Actually many thousands that are not. We are Australian , New Zealanders and as such end up having to deal with the Asian perspective of the Wars. this is not correct. I know its hard to keep every body happy but it may take some forethought to remember that many as mentioned are not Asian. I don't wish to piss anyone of but this is the case. Right now the Dunkirk Jack is on offer. It was not only British soldiers rescued that day. My Father a member of the Australian 2/22nd Armoured division was also on that beach and was rescued. along with 5 Guns. so can you see my disappointment to see that the Asian server doesn't have the same opportunities as the NA sever. If Asians don't want it they don't have to get it but give the Australian and New Zealanders the chance.  PLEASE   537c3f22-3cd6-11e7-9cb5-d89d6715223c.png

11 posts
2,377 battles

For this reason I wish that WG would remember that Oceania is lumped in with SEA. There are few events for Australia/NZ that link us to our European heritage.

[_AUS_]
Beta Tester
72 posts
8,737 battles

I'm often baffled by Wargaming's marketing strategy they obviously expend resources on catering to a wide spectrum of players from Manga/Anime fans through to History buffs, but then they often seem reluctant to share the work on all their servers.

Maybe when the Dunkirk movie is released in July they could release the flag to coincide with that.

[HMAS]
56 posts
2,199 battles

I feel that even asian players would want the flag, though I do not believe that the Dunkirk evacuation is as prominent. Still, it baffles me slightly that WG asia had made the decision to omit the flag from the server when they clearly knew about it distinctively enough to make a forum thread commemorating it.  It may be a whine, but oh well, it is always nice to have more things. 

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

OK I'll weigh in with some insider knowledge, take it how you want...

The basics are that due to the interaction between several of the nations that are officially supported on the Asia cluster, NO individual actions from conflicts will be commemorated to remove any chance of issues occurring as a result.  It's a one in all in policy that leaves many of us annoyed, especially when we see the other regions being able to have their equivalent days commemorated (Veteran's Day in NA, etc.).

It's a policy that we probably will not see changed any time soon. 

Now I don't personally agree with wargaming.net and their position about conflict based national events for Asia, however, as the above is how it was explained to me after I ripped into a few staff members at various opportunities I've had over Anzac Day and the significance of that occasion in AU/NZ.

~dmw

16 posts
2,938 battles

Ok, I can understand DMW's point up above, even if I don't necessarily agree, but then why the hell is the NA server getting it? US didn't enter the war for over a YEAR AFTER Dunkirk, so why do they get a flag commemorating it and we don't? OK, thinking on it, maybe Canadians, I can fully respect them getting the chance, but then why not Asia for AU/NZ, and probably other nationalities that served the Empire at the time and had troops called up.

EU and noone else, ok I don't like it but can respect it, but sure as hell NA getting it and not us.

294 posts
2,997 battles

Simply put, I believe all servers should get the chance to earn every kind of event/flag/ship in one form or the other. Otherwise their will always be "OMG the next server to me got what I wanted" posts. And no I am not being sarcastic. I am genuinely in support.

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles

Please remember that there are those on the Asian server who are not Asian. Actually many thousands that are not. We are Australian , New Zealanders and as such end up having to deal with the Asian perspective of the Wars 

er, no offence but where did ypu get those numbers
Edited by drakon233

20 posts
6,090 battles

OK I'll weigh in with some insider knowledge, take it how you want...

The basics are that due to the interaction between several of the nations that are officially supported on the Asia cluster, NO individual actions from conflicts will be commemorated to remove any chance of issues occurring as a result.  It's a one in all in policy that leaves many of us annoyed, especially when we see the other regions being able to have their equivalent days commemorated (Veteran's Day in NA, etc.).

It's a policy that we probably will not see changed any time soon. 

Now I don't personally agree with wargaming.net and their position about conflict based national events for Asia, however, as the above is how it was explained to me after I ripped into a few staff members at various opportunities I've had over Anzac Day and the significance of that occasion in AU/NZ.

~dmw

Yes I can see that WOWS are stuck between a rock and hard place however while they have Aussies and Kiwis on this Asian Server this problem is going to constantly occur. Thanks for your reply