Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
legionary2099

Will i ever get a pilot ace on CV ?

7 comments in this topic

[LNA]
1,666 posts
10,492 battles

Was thinking of putting this somewhere as idea spark up beside asking WG to make flying formation a reality.

I was wondering if allowing CV to gain access to a 2nd crew member the Ace guy who will vastly improve a single squad abilities in exchange for longer rearm if his squad die in combat. US Ace abilities of buffs will be stronger than IJN Ace for balancing reasons ( IJN has more squads after all )

I mean it can help in balancing if you one to have one stronger squad that can be the fire brigade and help you deal with disperancy to some extent.

Maybe a seperate skill tree for him will be a gud idea so that you can buff him tactically as you see fit, from my RTS perspective

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

Ace guy

Inb4 premium soviet carrier with "Litvyak's 586th Squadron" using good old ufo La-5s.

14 posts
34 battles

Was thinking of putting this somewhere as idea spark up beside asking WG to make flying formation a reality.

I was wondering if allowing CV to gain access to a 2nd crew member the Ace guy who will vastly improve a single squad abilities in exchange for longer rearm if his squad die in combat. US Ace abilities of buffs will be stronger than IJN Ace for balancing reasons ( IJN has more squads after all )

I mean it can help in balancing if you one to have one stronger squad that can be the fire brigade and help you deal with disperancy to some extent.

Maybe a seperate skill tree for him will be a gud idea so that you can buff him tactically as you see fit, from my RTS perspective

Seems like a sound idea... though it brings in a whole new hellish world of balancing 

[AUSNZ]
[AUSNZ]
Super Tester
1,039 posts
7,704 battles

Not a bad idea. Secondary 'captain' on cvs that is allocated to one squadron only. Lots of perks from hp, dmg, dispersion, torpedo spread/speed.

Should have the chance to die if the squadron is obliterated i.e. same chance as a fun and engaging detonation.

[LBAS]
Beta Tester
327 posts

Not a bad idea, but how is the ACE pilot going to be produced? via RNG, or accumulating EXP just like a captain?

Not a bad idea. Secondary 'captain' on cvs that is allocated to one squadron only. Lots of perks from hp, dmg, dispersion, torpedo spread/speed.

Should have the chance to die if the squadron is obliterated i.e. same chance as a fun and engaging detonation.

We can have more rant topics to choose with :trollface:

Razgriz when?

When we have tier 21-22 I think? Since Tier 30 was space ships so... (I hope we are talking about the same Razgriz).

Edited by spixys

[LNA]
1,666 posts
10,492 battles

Not a bad idea, but how is the ACE pilot going to be produced? via RNG, or accumulating EXP just like a captain?

We can have more rant topics to choose with :trollface:

When we have tier 21-22 I think? Since Tier 30 was space ships so... (I hope we are talking about the same Razgriz).

The random named ace can and should be earned normally via recruiting.

Historical and fictionous aces might be earned by event or bought.

I think this is a win win situayion for both WG n players.

[LBAS]
Beta Tester
327 posts

The random named ace can and should be earned normally via recruiting.

Historical and fictionous aces might be earned by event or bought.

I think this is a win win situayion for both WG n players.

Then in such case the historial/fictionous aces (not sure about fictional though) > Random aces that normally recruited I suppose?

And what about let RNG involves a bit - e.g. normal Ace pilot can be found in the squadron under certain conditions (like few success torpedo/bomb drops that sank the ship(s) or survives after dog fights with enemy squadrons constantly in a few games) as an option other than recruiting.

Sign in to follow this