You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
AntifoulAwl

Watery Graves

12 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
1,637 posts
7,230 battles

In reality, when a vessel sinks, it leaves all sorts of flotsam on the surface.

May I suggest that when a ship gets destroyed, it leaves behind debris like oil and floating wreckage to mark where it's final stand was.The wreckage could be small enough not to interfere with gameplay and it would add to the realism of naval combat. It would also give us a chance to remember our fallen team mates.

Alpha Tester
523 posts
217 battles

^This. It kinda weirds me out the way they currently just slip under the waves without a trace. Hopefully we'll also get some more varied death animations as well.

Alpha Tester
1,637 posts
7,230 battles

^This. It kinda weirds me out the way they currently just slip under the waves without a trace. Hopefully we'll also get some more varied death animations as well.

My fav is when the stern bobs up and the props are still turning, so when she slides under, it's being driven faster towards Davy Jones locker.

The dedicated engineers are all still at their posts. Gawd bless 'em.

Alpha Tester
523 posts
217 battles

Im thinking maybe capsize, then explode for no good reason. But those high angle ones are also pretty dramatic.

And of course theres the old standby, magazine detonation breaking her back. 

Super Tester
1,177 posts
4,099 battles

What also might be a good idea is to have the ship deaths based on Havok physics, so that each sinking is completely different, for example ships break apart in different locations depending on where they were hit the most. Parts would break off and become part of the flotsam, and drift away along the waves, again based on a dedicated physics system.

Yeah, I know. This is definitely too complicated for the devs to implement. High effort, little reward.

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

What also might be a good idea is to have the ship deaths based on Havok physics, so that each sinking is completely different, for example ships break apart in different locations depending on where they were hit the most. Parts would break off and become part of the flotsam, and drift away along the waves, again based on a dedicated physics system.

Yeah, I know. This is definitely too complicated for the devs to implement. High effort, little reward.

Ships already do break apart based on where they took massive damage. And they sink differently too, e.g. when split in half in the middle, the bow and stern would go under last. Destroyers are the most prone to breaking up, but BBs can break up too, but not very often.

What's missing from this game are epic magazine detonations.

ST Coordinator
2,325 posts
2,196 battles

It would be nice if the ship destroyed by fire stays afloat as a burning wreck. And when ship sink, they leave some form of debris floating on the sea.

Beta Tester
141 posts
17 battles

unfortunately, considering the game engine that Wargaming loves to use...it's highly unlikely that we'll ever get dynamic destruction on either tanks or ships.

HAVOK was promised to us in 9.X.
It's now moving into 9.7 on WoT and we still don't have any indication that HAVOK is coming.

I'm highly doubtful that the WoWS dev team will implement HAVOK before WoT...so yeah...

We can only dream :|

Beta Tester
172 posts
58 battles

Obligatory in any sinking ship discussion, Yamato capsizes and goes boom, ending operation Ten-gou.

RxLB0Gh.jpg

Sx5KvYt.jpg

Edited by Kempf