Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
greifer

Perth - Spotting Plane II Cooldown

5 comments in this topic

[AUSNZ]
[AUSNZ]
Super Tester
1,039 posts
7,704 battles

Just a question, and in general around spotting aircraft. I admit that I do not use this consumable frequently, only upon a few select ships.

Comparing this consumable (premium one for credits) to that of the fighter consumable, the cool down for the fighter is half of the spotter plane.

I know the fighter does gives benefits to the ship and area to ward of aircraft, but as it remains in the air for twice the duration of a spotter plane, it full-fills the spotter duties better.

The advantage of the spotter with a ship like the Perth is the increased range to burn shoot accurately at further range the glorious HE rounds.

Has anyone swapped for fighters solely around the reduced cool down and the increased duration of the consumable and foregone the increased range? 

I am sorely tempted to try that, since the spotter planes are not taken out, then even in a 20 minute match you wont go through two to three reloads at best.

Thoughts? Is it worth considering making the cool down for the two the same? The duration is fine as it increases the range of the shells and you do not want players spamming that ability either.

Super Tester
562 posts
4,462 battles

Yes, I have only 2, maybe 3 ships with the spotter plane as fighters are so much more versatile. The only benefit spotters have is to increase the range but that comes with a lot more dispersion and trying to shoot targets whilst looking down.

But in the Perth I find the spotter plane much more useful owing to its terrible firing range and it's that close anyway it doesn't really affect dispersion.

Ensign

Super Tester
2,725 posts

Buffing premium ship. That's quite hard to decide to be honest.

How do players run their Perth in the game lately?

I can only imagine that gameplay on RU cruisers, accounting the difference on the gun range & concealment.

And the challenges as well against other tiers from tier 5~8.

Super Tester
1,056 posts
9,034 battles

IMO Perth in a T6 environment is very powerful because you can smoke while moving. Does not need buffs at all. The only weakness it has is radar (which should be obvious) and CVs when its not smoked. The spotter plane lasts for 3 minutes so you can get around 3 uses per match IIRC.

Sign in to follow this