Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Personator

Teaching new CVs...

11 comments in this topic

14 posts
34 battles

That blind torping into smoke is futile and not worth it, right?

AWLytl1.png

After all, smoke best shield against CV drops in Tier 4-5 :trollface:

We should also remove BB AP to stop further sealclubbing for Tier 2-5, because it's "good against sealclubbing".

No, I put a 2 there on purpose, not a 3. Because... :hiding:

Super Tester
7,527 posts
7,978 battles

Try killing seal clubber DDs with auto drop :trollface:

10/10 thanks for your effort!

No, I put a 2 there on purpose, not a 3. Because

Sorry can't help, its a premium ship :hue:

14 posts
34 battles

Try killing seal clubber DDs with auto drop :trollface:

10/10 thanks for your effort!

Block Quote

No, I put a 2 there on purpose, not a 3. Because

Sorry can't help, its a premium ship :hue:

Is just global nerf, like stealth fire removal. Not nerfing premium ship directly :trollface:

Super Tester
7,527 posts
7,978 battles

You know, by this logic, if you need to remove skill based features to prevent seal clubbing, at one point, you will think about removing the whole low tier system.... That way no seal clubber confirmed. The idea of seal clubber is a lame excuse in my opinion. Why is it a problem if experienced players want to play low tiers? Do we really need Newbie Protection for 7 days 5 tiers like those Facebook clicking games?

Super Tester
989 posts
4,319 battles

So they wont stop the game cause some statpadders in CV that camps at the back keep killing ships and planes while maintaining his Kdr and winrate

I partially disagree and agree on removing. Some cause of those u stated. Like dropping in smokes. And zuihou wont strafe against us fighters which means its a confirm clear sky for as bogue

98 posts
230 battles

Help I am a new CV player and I can't seem to git gud 

My team is mostly down by a ship or two in the games I played today at the start of games....

Hope PTS server will be better

Super Tester
1,056 posts
8,985 battles

So they wont stop the game cause some statpadders in CV that camps at the back keep killing ships and planes while maintaining his Kdr and winrate

I partially disagree and agree on removing. Some cause of those u stated. Like dropping in smokes. And zuihou wont strafe against us fighters which means its a confirm clear sky for as bogue

Everyone knows that staying in the back is bad for stats. Gotta move forward to get more strikes off :izmena:

Beta Tester
358 posts
7,415 battles

We should also remove BB AP to stop further sealclubbing for Tier 2-5, because it's "good against sealclubbing".

​Cruisers and DD also carry AP at those tiers why do you not want to remove AP for those classes? they're both perfectly capable of scoring citadel hits on pretty much all but a couple of cruisers in those tiers.

Also if you dumb down the game mechanics to cater for those that either can't be bothered or simply won't learn the mechanics they'll get seal clubbed at tier 6, this would also continue to occur as they fail up the tiers that would see an even larger amount of players making it to high tiers without knowing how to play. No thanks.

Super Tester
1,056 posts
8,985 battles

​Cruisers and DD also carry AP at those tiers why do you not want to remove AP for those classes? they're both perfectly capable of scoring citadel hits on pretty much all but a couple of cruisers in those tiers.

Also if you dumb down the game mechanics to cater for those that either can't be bothered or simply won't learn the mechanics they'll get seal clubbed at tier 6, this would also continue to occur as they fail up the tiers that would see an even larger amount of players making it to high tiers without knowing how to play. No thanks.

T6 being a "bad tier" (relative to the opposition) is a different matter entirely; the problem I have is the relative incompetence of my CVs at T6-T7. I don't need them to be unicum/purple, I just need their gameplay to not fly in the face of common sense (potatoing super hard).

1,124 posts

are there's still hope in balancing CV? 

just 2 nation is a big mess,

if another nation have their own CV line.... I can't even imagine how mass up game would become...

[LLBC]
747 posts
6,851 battles

I think they should dial the change back somewhat and use a bit of middle ground.

They could add the manual drop with commit distance equal to auto drop for instance lower tiers.

Edited by Admiral_Neptulussus

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

1.)

Hosho and Langley are largely uneffected by the removal of manual drops/strafing since the AA they regularly face is weak

and the players either inexperienced or the ships unable to maintain a high enough speed to avoid all torpedoes.

2.)

Zuiho and Bogue suffer from the combination in lack of burst damage, slow planes and often getting the mid tier sized maps.

The former has a major issue since her impact on the match only starts showing mid to late game by which time the decisive

phase has usually ended and whether a game results in a win or loss is entirely up to the other players.

Bogue suffers from various issues with her loadouts.

For no reason WG switched to a 1/1/0 loadout for her while at the same time the additional dive bomber squadron wouldn't even

impact her performance much since it has a worse drop circle than Langley.

The only viable picks are the AS loadout or Strike loadout, with the two obvious issues.

These are obvious signs that Wargaming is still in the middle of figuring out the proper way of reworking CVs and hasn't decided 

on a development path yet.

It's the same way they handled SPGs in WoT and there isn't really much us players can do anymore at this point.

Afterall people have been making suggestions for the carrier gameplay since alpha... with little to no changes since then.

I fully expect to not see any proper CV rework until 2018 and even then I doubt that it'll be a workable solution...

Well, I guess time will tell.

Sign in to follow this