Sign in to follow this  
Captain_Fathom

Hood package content versus cost disparity across servers

54 comments in this topic

63 posts
1,554 battles

If this is your first time here let me cut to the chase - the thread is about three things - standardising of package releases across all​ servers, an end to drip-feeding selected Premium packages, and a better micro-transaction system that is equitable for all, particularly for those players in countries who struggle to afford Premium packages.

To save you scrolling through a bunch of stuff you don't need to read, here's it is summarised.

Guys, just so we're all on the same page (because some of you are arguing for​ the same point; if English is the second language and if what I've written doesn't seem clear, then please just ask me​) this thread is about:

1. Frustration about differences in packages whilst the cost is the same - I don't care how many times anyone thinks they've seen the complaint, they've done nothing otherwise it wouldn't still exist. If people think this is whining that's their perogative; go and read something else and don't waste space and time with unhelpful "seen-it-before" comments. But if there's a reasonable a counterpoint, then make it.

2. For those who actually have read my suggestions, what I said was that the off-the-peg Premium packages should stay. Some folk are happy without choice, they just like neat packages and don't care (within reason) what they cost.
If you like things the way they are, don't confuse the issue by making noise. Just keep quiet, nothing changes in that respect.

3. For those who detest the metering of some Premium packages over a typical package release, then yes, add your voice here.
Don't let the self-appointed, self-righteous, and somewhat jaded forum members put you off with their dismissiveness.

They're as much a part of the problem of repeated threads by not volunteering to become moderators They could then collate all perceived copy-cat threads for the benefit of Wargaming, the forum, and their own sanity.
​That's what I did when I've been a moderator in other forums.

4. For those who would love all of the fruit of an uber-Premium package, but could only afford to buy it piecemeal, or if there are things you just don't want, then that's the crux of the suggestions. Customised packages with the ability to buy certain items for Premium ships in-game at a later date for the people on limited income and those who simply don't need all the fruit (the latter tying in directly with do not make the customers wait​ in point 3)

The bottom line is that Wargaming are in this for money. Sure they want to keep the player base happy with their pew-pew whilst achieving a balance in game play but giving them feedback is not all about armour, pen values of shells, and sigma.

However, if they could potentially get more money, I'm sure that they'd give that a consideration too - there's only so many Premium ships that you can put out before the Pay-To-Win Waahmbulance get rolled out again ;) 

Micro transactions aren't new to Wargaming; I just think they haven't exhausted all of the possibilities which could mean a win-win for everyone.

Original post below:

Before the old salts start kicking me in the virtual cobblers about this (potentially) being a forum bingo number, just remember that we all haven't been around as long as you, nor should we have to always "just accept" things because you do.

I bring attention to today's second Premium package release of the Hood,

If you jump onto the NA Premium Shop and check out the cost of the second package, it's the same as the cost of the second release package on the Asia server. That's all that's the same.

Spoiler

... and the Asia release. Again, note the Au$
TY7D59x.jpg

However, as illustrated in the Spoilers, Asia misses out on not only the commemorative flag but all of the upgrade modules! (EDIT: not quite correct - see MingFang's reply below - but I still feel the same ;) )

How the hell is that equitable?

At best, it could be seen that they've produced more affordable package for most Asian server players but made a huge oversight in terms of reducing the price when reducing the content.

At worst, it's that nasty term which has caused them much grief of late (re: WoT video) and that's money-grabbing, and at the expense of the Asia server members...

I know damn well that I don't have to buy it (or any) Premium package but consider this,
• I want to buy the second package - that which NA has, or pay less for the Asia version
• That we're all effectively being made to feel that as Wargaming customers our money worth less on the Asia server than it is in North America.
• The only way to attain any class other than a cruiser in the UK tech-tree is to sodding-well pay for it... no such luxury of second DD lines because the Russian DDs were getting played more...

Love the game for the most part but not being made to feel like a second class customer.

For a sense of balance - and something a little more reasoned than the majority of the anti responses in this thread - here's a post quoting Sub_Octavian's response to why the Hood was released in stages.
Interestingly, he mentions that only the top bundle gets the commemorative flag (one of the disparities I mention later in the thread) which is only true for the Asia server (check screenshots in spoiler above)

Edited by Captain_Fathom

16 posts
2,938 battles

So much for doing better by your community, Wargaming. How long did it take for you to go back on that?

I seriously hope it's just a mistake in the typing and it actually is supposed to be the same package, just someone got lazy typing it up.

Super Tester
2,725 posts

However, as illustrated in the Spoilers, Asia misses out on not only the commemorative flag but all of the upgrade modules!

If the package on both server are correct.

Look carefully. NA package may give you upgrades, but Asia gives you 2 million credits.

I would rather take Asia's package and spend that 2 million credits on ship's upgrades of MY CHOICE. Or patiently wait out for equipment discount & spend it.

IMO, the value looks the same to me.

Edited by Mingfang47

63 posts
1,554 battles

Thank you Mingfang, I could have sworn that the NA had the credits too.

​However, if I had a choice to cherry-pick I'd be the opposite... that's why sometimes it's better to just give everyone the same options ;)

Then again, I'd even be happy with the basic package plus a commemorative flag option. The special signals are cool but the necessity over other items that we could get is debatable.

Maybe it'd be better if we  had a fixed price and could just roll-our-own packages?

​(Still doesn't fix the UK tech-tree development either but I'll let that lie for now... )

Edited by Captain_Fathom

[HMAS]
56 posts
2,199 battles

If the package on both server are correct.

Look carefully. NA package may give you upgrades, but Asia gives you 2 million credits.

I would rather take Asia's package and spend that 2 million credits on ship's upgrades of MY CHOICE. Or patiently wait out for equipment discount & spend it.

IMO, the value looks the same to me.

That is a legitimately good point, but albeit not helped by the sorepoint of the bundle missing the commerative flag as well. 

I support Fathom's condemnation, it is already not helping the overall health of the server by our distinct lack of communal content compared to EU and NA. 

14 posts
3,065 battles

We have been made to wait week by week for cheaper bundles to come out for the Hood whilst having the Kaga release waved in our face with every pack available for it on that day. Now with the topic at hand, these were two identical packages right up until the last update, hence why the pack now has [update] labelled next to it on the webpage (though it had no mention of these changes in the update notes).

It is disgraceful, a week before releasing the best value pack for the Hood they've gone and changed the contents in it, but left the North Americans with it’s original setup. Why is this? My guess would be because sales on the $136 Hood bundle flopped on the Asia server, people didn’t buy into it but WG know you still want that flag. What better way to boosts sales than by making the most expensive pack the only one with access to the "commemorative flag". Really, I can't see any other justification apart from WG trying to milk the Asian/Oceanic community dry yet again.

The missing “commemorative flag” is quite serious in my eye’s if we are expected to fork out the same amount of cash for the bundle.

Edited by Blazed_minD

16 posts
2,938 battles

In all honesty, the thing I dislike most is missing out on the flag.

I've already bought the big bundle with the flag, but for those who need to save a little but as history fans like I am missing out on the flag is a bigger deal than a few modules/credits. One is a one-time only deal, the other can be farmed in game with a little effort.

[HMAS]
78 posts
5,412 battles

I agree wholeheartedly, I also considered purchasing this package but due to the above discrepancy between the Asian package content and that of North America, I will keep my hard earned coin thank you very much.

At the end of the day this is digital content and it actual value is negligible.  Paying a hundred bucks for a representation for a ship is a bit cheeky to start with, but discriminating against players by virtue of where they are located is

not on.

I think there was a similar debate recently with regards to the VE flag, one guess who missed out there also. I'm sick of getting short changed. Pick up your game Wargaming (pun intended).

Super Tester
7,571 posts
8,001 battles

I'm just waiting for the hood only package. Even if buying the current package finished the whole mission in one battle, I would not spend 100$ for one ship.

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,840 posts
4,138 battles

This difference in prices doesn't seem to be on any kind of level playing field.  But at least we aren't EU.     The eat a shit sandwich with every single deal, game mode, ships everything.  No wonder they are so salty.

753 posts
8,965 battles

Just another episode in the continuing saga of WG quest to maintain disgruntled players on at least one server at any given time in this regard. Something they seem to excel at.

To the OP, the best way to address this issue is to raise a question in the Asia Q & A sessions. Oh hang on a minute, nvm, they don't answer all the questions anyway.

[LBAS]
Beta Tester
324 posts

Dear OP,

Learn Russian and go to Minsk make an appointment at the head office and meet them yourself, show your concern to them, and persuade them.

Or, if you don't like what you have here, like we (ok, at least I) said for like once too many times, move to another server you like.

People who moved to NA from here have more guts and determination than you.

Edited by spixys

14 posts
3,065 battles

Dear OP,

Learn Russian and go to Minsk make an appointment at the head office and meet them yourself, show your concern to them, and persuade them.

Or, if you don't like what you have here, like we (ok, at least I) said for like once too many times, move to another server you like.

How many people do you know look for sale discrepancies between servers before joining a new game? I’ve been gaming for the last 25 years and personally join servers based on latency (which I thought the whole point was), not because you’ve researched and found that one server has better deals than the other..

Call me naïve but when any other business out there sells a product with their name on it it’s at a “standard” with price adjustments according to the current exchange rate for that country. Not this bullshit.

The only reason WG get away with this sort of thing is because consumers like yourself turn a blind eye to it and just join another server, which in all honesty is the gutless act.

Edited by Blazed_minD

63 posts
1,554 battles

Dear OP,

Very easy to assume, bud. Makes an Ass out of U and Me...

I already raised a ticket before posting above and before I got a response from WG.

You know what the response was? Get on the forums... how heck can I get attention with such unhelpful responses as yours, bud?

I don't mind decent counterpoints, such as Mingfang's but I really don't see how yours offers any realistic solution or advice. 

That said, at least you posted, which shows you at least care about something ;) 

Edited by Captain_Fathom

63 posts
1,554 battles

Actually, I was sort of hoping I'd get some feedback on the "roll-your-own" or "pick-and-mix" approach to packages, particularly as has been alluded to here and in another thread regarding the average income of players in the SEA server

We get the flexibility with doubloons, so why not Premium ships? We don't all need a Port Slot or Captain when we buy a Premium ship, do we?

In fact, if you buy a Premium in-game, Captains and Port Slots are all extras that you pay for, so why, when we have "Premium Shop only" ships, do we have to take a Port Slot? Why can't these be optional?

I'd like to see a Premium Ship system where along with the standard off-the-shelf packaging, there's custom build options where a customer may purchase any mix of extras from a list, e.g.

• Premium Ship (always selected)
  • Commemorative Flag (option)
  • Port Slot (option)
  • Camouflage (option)
  • Credits (preferably discounted) to cover the cost of Upgrade Modules for that ship (option - props to MingFang again for this one)
  • Signals (option)
  • Captain (this could be with 1, 3, 6, or 10 points) (option)
  • Alternate skin (i.e. permanent and switchable alternative skin/name for ship of same class) (option)

It would also be cool if some options listed above, such as the commemorative flag the and alternative skin (I know this generally doesn't exist currently except as completely separate anime tie-in ships) are available in-game post-sale along with the permanent camo options so a customer has to opportunity to "build" their Premium package while they play and as they can afford it.

It's the one time that micro-transactions can actually help a potential customer.

If such a system was employed, then additionally, I'd like to see the custom-build available from Day One of all releases and that this practice of holding people to ransom is stopped.

I reckon if custom builds (and I'll be ignoring the "pay-to-win" Waahmbulance sirens I'm expecting to hear...) were available for all Premium Ships, whether Limited or Permanent Release, then Wargaming may make more money continuously than they do now and raise the ire of a lot less customers who finally get the cash to buy a Premium Ship only to have it released on special with a bunch of goodies as some "mission support" tie-in the following day/week....

Edited by Captain_Fathom

[LBAS]
Beta Tester
324 posts

Very easy to assume, bud. Makes an Ass out of U and Me...

I already raised a ticket before posting above and before I got a response from WG.

You know what the response was? Get on the forums... how heck can I get attention with such unhelpful responses as yours, bud?

I don't mind decent counterpoints, such as Mingfang's but I really don't see how yours offers any realistic solution or advice. 

That said, at least you posted, which shows you at least care about something ;) 

Well, its obvious that raising a ticket on such issue is meaningless (did you actually raised a ticket for such thing!?:D), that is why I genuinely suggest you to learn Russian and go meet HQ or post in Russian forum instead of being a cry baby in here every few months, or start a business plan to tell the HQ why is your idea is worth to take consideration.

You know we are always late over everything :D and really as long as we still get them I don't really care being late every time - actually I like it to be late, and being too expensive? Do you care about minor price changes when you come to collect things you like?

If you do really find that hurting your butt every single time then moving to that server where you think its better - NA, EU or whatever, you either don't have the balls to do it or you just want to whine - like every single whining topic about the shop in this forum, and being a whiner at this level is quite an ass too.

And finally I like this shop as it is, and I don't really mind it stays that way, I post in your topic (and my final post on this topic) just to tell you that you can have a better options and you failed to realize it - and this topic is just another whining topic that is worth ignoring.

Call me whatever you like or you feel comfortable with, I don't really care, and I don't mind you come up with more whining topic over the shop too so I that I can spend some time out of my boredom if I want to.

[HMAS]
56 posts
2,199 battles

Well, its obvious that raising a ticket on such issue is meaningless (did you actually raised a ticket for such thing!?:D), that is why I genuinely suggest you to learn Russian and go meet HQ or post in Russian forum instead of being a cry baby in here every few months, or start a business plan to tell the HQ why is your idea is worth to take consideration.

You know we are always late over everything :D and really as long as we still get them I don't really care being late every time - actually I like it to be late, and being too expensive? Do you care about minor price changes when you come to collect things you like?

If you do really find that hurting your butt every single time then moving to that server where you think its better - NA, EU or whatever, you either don't have the balls to do it or you just want to whine - like every single whining topic about the shop in this forum, and being a whiner at this level is quite an ass too.

And finally I like this shop as it is, and I don't really mind it stays that way, I post in your topic (and my final post on this topic) just to tell you that you can have a better options and you failed to realize it - and this topic is just another whining topic that is worth ignoring.

Call me whatever you like or you feel comfortable with, I don't really care, and I don't mind you come up with more whining topic over the shop too so I that I can spend some time out of my boredom if I want to.

I respect your opinion that the shop is fine as it is, but I do find it audacious that your primary advice has steadily been to learn an entire language or to shift servers, a rather convenient stance that is pretentiously criticizing the OP.

Regardless, you seem very much the type whom would feign nihilism that you don't care, and I do not have the patience to deal with your high horse shenanigans.

Point is, as seen from several major feedback threads on the NA, it really does seem that WG is evaluating their releases of bundles, so although this thread would have not aided in that, I think its a step in the right direction in making the Oceanic/Asia server more involved. Its a fact of the day that it'd be the vocal minority, but I'd pick a vocal forum over one that encourages packing bags any day. 

We are members of the community as much as you are.

63 posts
1,554 battles

Spixys, your opinion matters as much as anybodies but just because it matters it doesn't mean it's right or appropriate 

I would have preferred a debate per point and as for whiny, that's a matter of opinion and a label which is all too frequently applied around here but sure, we agree to disagree..

Edited by Captain_Fathom

14 posts
3,065 battles

So, what makes you the expert on all this then? That beta tester tag you got there lmao?! :teethhappy:

You are more than entitle to an opinion, but when you start going on the attack like you have you come across just like another one-sided fan-boy trolling a topic, nothing more, nothing less. Any point you had gets completely ignored.

Like I said in my last post, you’re a blind follower mate, which is kind of sad because many voices can have an impact on an issue like this. Unfortunately though, close minded people like yourself make changing these sorts of issues even more difficult, even when done the right way.

So how about you either give us some legit feedback or simply stfu. Or is your life really so pathetic that you need to spam the forums? 90+ troll posts and counting eh.. :teethhappy:

Edited by Blazed_minD

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,569 battles

move to the CN server, they sell literally everything, from free XP, high point captains, unlocking tech trees, ST ships, unobtainable OP prem ships, u pay, they gib, if you want that package so much i suggest you move there and leave the rest of us poor peasants who cant afford it on the "poor server"

Edited by drakon233

14 posts
3,065 battles

move to the CN server, they sell literally everything, from free XP, high point captains, unlocking tech trees, ST ships, unobtainable OP prem ships, u pay, they gib, if you want that package so much i suggest you move there and leave the rest of us poor peasants who cant afford it on the "poor server"

Do you realise the whole point of this topic was for equal rights for everyone​ (including you)? It has nothing to do with dividing the rich from the poor.. The issue we were debating was equality for everyone across all WG servers...

Seem to be a lot of people jumping on their high horse without even thinking it through.