Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
cplbao

Totally unbalanced CV

16 comments in this topic

353 posts
5,012 battles

Kaga should be reworked...

The enemy Saipan simply rush the Kaga, hover around it, and shoot every of its plane in the first 5 minutes.

After that they sight with inpunity

inbalance.jpg

Video Contributor
2,264 posts
10,789 battles

you should play by yourself

I know that guy potato why?

69planes were shot down by Saipan and in tier 7 room impossible too much shot down that Kaga guy might be Animer or KC player whatever

[LNA]
1,659 posts
10,430 battles

Kaga is not the problem , Saipan is and WG have refused to fix it quite sometimes.

They said Saipan is fine as it is.

I dont know about the micro part of you. Kaga can take Evasive Maneuvers to survive Saipan strike and you move slower so you can make Saipan outshoot you during the strafe by moving sideward

Also invest in dogfight skill , as it can give you +30% dmg during dogfight , with +1 FT you can dogfight him quite well if you dont let him strafe you.

Minimize strafe damage as much as possible

Edited by legionary2099

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

Kaga is balans and so is Saipan.

See? A mere Independence can outperform a Saipan.

Saipan worse than tier VI CV confirm, buff when WG?

YWgImTE.jpg

Saipan underpowered WG, where is buff?

Saipan cost money, should perform better than f2p ship.

Yet here is Saipan getting stomped by OP Hiryuu less than 2 minutes into the battle.

xlnjp6R.jpg

Edited by Retia

353 posts
5,012 battles

So, how will you guys advice that Kaga how to play?

And as supporting ships, what should we do?

460 posts
8,276 battles

It's a tough situation, but if you're surrounded by enemy fighters that would pwm all your planes perhaps you shouldn't launch yours until they move off to spot or do something else. Move your CV closer to your fleet to get some AA support and try to use your own AA a bit if you can.

If they aren't hovering their fighters over you, being sneaky and using distraction tactics is a good idea. Keep your planes out of spotting range and split them up, use one set as a distraction then come in with the other while they are busy. Kaga has the advantage of a large hangar so some lost planes isn't as big a deal.

Kaga has a very strong strike package, but struggles with strong AA or enemy fighters, that's it's balancing factor. If you were to buff her ability to deal with planes/AA then she would definitely become OP if she isn't already.

I'm sure someone else has more/better ideas, I'm not that good at CVs.

[LNA]
1,659 posts
10,430 battles

It's a tough situation, but if you're surrounded by enemy fighters that would pwm all your planes perhaps you shouldn't launch yours until they move off to spot or do something else. Move your CV closer to your fleet to get some AA support and try to use your own AA a bit if you can.

If they aren't hovering their fighters over you, being sneaky and using distraction tactics is a good idea. Keep your planes out of spotting range and split them up, use one set as a distraction then come in with the other while they are busy. Kaga has the advantage of a large hangar so some lost planes isn't as big a deal.

Kaga has a very strong strike package, but struggles with strong AA or enemy fighters, that's it's balancing factor. If you were to buff her ability to deal with planes/AA then she would definitely become OP if she isn't already.

I'm sure someone else has more/better ideas, I'm not that good at CVs.

Kaga is the very definition of OP if the target lack AA as it means certain death , played it with my friend acc and i can say that it can delete anything that don t shoot down more than 2 to 3 of its tb during approach.

As i have said , don t cluster up ur planes and get used to micro 2 to 3 units seperately with different movement.

Ur fts are strong if u dont let him strafe u ( have better awareness to watch his ft transition to strafe animation). Font actively look for his FT, try to counter after he has strafed and never group 2 ft close to eqch other

112 posts
1,553 battles

This is what always happens when you've got a decent AS CV.

Both players will end up doing very little to influence the outcome of the match and do next to no damage. At least full strike loadouts can get off one to two full attacks per game.

In essence, going AS is a dick move as it makes the game less fun for you and the other CV player. 

Super Tester
1,056 posts
8,987 battles

This is what always happens when you've got a decent AS CV.

Both players will end up doing very little to influence the outcome of the match and do next to no damage. At least full strike loadouts can get off one to two full attacks per game.

In essence, going AS is a dick move as it makes the game less fun for you and the other CV player. 

Going AS is a reliable way of farming clear skies. Why do you think there are many upstanding sealclubbers players farming using 201 Bogue now? You can also use 301 Saipan if you want to ruin some poor DD's day.

Beta Tester
733 posts
3,155 battles

WG should really consider player's experiences with CV before letting buy Kaga/Saipan.

I just had a match where our Kaga just camp at the corner of the map and just sending planes and using auto-drop.

Checked his stats and i see he only has 71 battles with his highest tier ship is Tier 4 and only 16 battles in CV. Needless to say, our team got destroyed because he gave enemy CVs too much freedom and bombed the hell outta us.

294 posts
2,997 battles

This is my problem with CV balance. A strike loadout has a counter in air superiority and AA. An air superiority has only air superiority counter and even then you need to be USN for that to work in your favor if both players have equal skills. An AS CV will effectively ruin a strike CVs game for damn sure. And they will do so by doing next to mediocre damage if its a unicum playing it. Otherwise almost next to nil damage because that CV player is busy watching the whole map and rushing towards where he sees enemy planes. He has no time to direct TB or DBz until his team starts winning and the enemy CV has been shutdown. I can't help but feel that WG wants AS to be the only successful end game CV spec. Ships fight ships while planes fight planes. Can't wait to go back to tier 5 once I have my AS skill.

207 posts
8,188 battles

How about  buff Cleveland AA and make them on par with Baltimore with AA Range 10km :trollface:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kaga and Saipan is balance..
do you even know, Kaga have ability to delete ships with shite AA in one wave....
Kaga exist is not for counter Saipan lol

Video Contributor
2,264 posts
10,789 battles

Kaga exist is not for counter Saipan lol

but yesterday I dog fought Saipan with my Saipan lol

Saipan failed alt FT 9 times

of course all skill play

Saipan that i fought had skillful btw 

[KEBAB]
Super Tester
195 posts
6,015 battles

I'm fairly sure that your Kaga player wasn't one of the better ones out there, just as some of the other people here commented.

I don't have any evidence, but I have seen the same CVs but in a flipped situation where a Kaga dominated a Saipan for most of the game 

75 posts
4,778 battles

Personally the highest tier CV I have is Independence but I've had some run-ins with Saipan in my other ships and sometimes I try to help out our CV's squadrons if they happen to be close by and my ship has decent AA.

That being said, it's like @Sparcie said with using yours and allied AA to give your planes an edge. Saipan's planes are tough, but they aren't invincible and sticking your bombers close to or having your fighters lure Saipan's into the AA range of, say, a Cleveland or Atlanta or NO, possibly NoCal or even that unlucky Texas that ended up in a T7 game will do lots for helping your planes survive to strike another day. If you're lucky or a teammate feels particularly helpful, you might notice an allied ship with good AA that happens to be heading your planes' way, whether by coincidence or because he's offering his AA to help you.

If there's one good thing about OP Premium ships (apart from when you're the one controlling them), it's that its presence can sometimes inspire teammates to actively cooperate for the sake of sinking it fast (for example, one time I saw a Cleveland rush through the middle of the map AAA blazing so our Ranger could send a strike towards the enemy Saipan. Poor Cleveland got torpedoed for his trouble but the Saipan ended up dying and without him sending fighters everywhere we managed to salvage the game after Ranger softened up a few BBs rushing down the line).

In a nutshell, the most commonly emphasized/sadly ignored concept of teamwork.

Sign in to follow this