You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Somedude_Yudachi

Why people are always blame CV(s) when they are about to lose?

67 comments in this topic

534 posts

Ryujo and hiryu were in my team,half of our ships were sunk already at the start,when the enemy team about to reach 1000 points,teammates started to blame"Useless CV","Our CVs are just noobs"But I can see that they were trying their best to attack enemy ships,CVs are always easy to be blamed as the main reason to cause the failure?

Beta Tester
823 posts
4,969 battles

Bad players blame someone else and CV's function sort of like support.

Bad players in MMO's or FPS pretty much demand all support players act as THEIR personal pocket medic. They will be away from the objective buy spam requests for heals and complain if they don't get them.

I think it's similar in WoWS. Players will over extend and then demand the CV provide them 24/7 fighter support etc.

Super Tester
730 posts
3,239 battles

Carriers have the potential to carry the team, and most players probably expect them to. Just that when the carrier on your team isn't very good (or is being fished), particularly if the team's carrier is unable to deal significant damage and/or achieve air superiority, the fault will be on the one with the most game influence. It's normal really, BBs, DDs all get their fair share of insults now and then as well (albeit not as much as CVs).

In any case, there's also the report button, for people who aren't the most supportive...

[LNA]
1,659 posts
10,430 battles

Nothing new here , CV is special and ppl expect specials to be "special" , they are just putting their faults onto others and deny to accept their own faults. Human psychology at its finest.

They need a reason to justify their loss and you are number one ontop of the list although it may or may not be your fault.

This is why CV is a very rare class and even unicums avoid it like the plague even though they are extremely good in it. They are meh and you have to fight 14 guys + dummies on your team all on your own if you do not divisioning.

CV most influencial on a match ? Very right at tier 8 and below , but from 9 +  most dont care even if you exist because the high and mighty AA from many ships.

Super Tester
1,056 posts
8,991 battles

CVs have a relatively high influence on the battle (unless bottom tiered), but sometimes people just want to vent.

That said, you can always bite back...

203 posts
11,788 battles

Guess I have to say it ..... again.
On the right hand CV has overwhelming potential do deal damage on the enemy team both directly and indirectly.
Having the ability to gain lots of important intels (Spotting enemy ships) < This is like a death sentence on ships that relies on "not being spotted"
Having the ability to strike where it hurts ! < This is about the target CV player chose which could be a ship with highest threat to his team.

As you can see these "2" (There could be more but I'll just cover those I felt very important) crucial things are quite huge and its up to the CV player to performs these role.
And its not surprising to see someone starts to find someone to blame and that someone gotta be that ship with has the most potential in battle, for this case its CV if there's no CV then its DD.

Side note if you happens to run some of this load on US CV.

US CV with AS load :

You don't need to be everywhere for the team you just need to be "Where it matters" you can't save everyone but you gotta save "someone".

US CV with Strike load :

You have to expect some insults from your teammates because you go straight for damage and killing ships and all your teammates will get potential air attacks and u can't do anything about it.
Its up to you to care or not.

Edited by MikuChrome

Super Tester
7,539 posts
7,978 battles

No disrespect to anyone, but for me, games are lot more enjoyable without CV presence. The skill gap among CV players are massive and it is not even fun for the team who is handicapped by lower skilled CV player. I am sorry but I wan't CVs to go extinct. Bash me all you want, but this is how I feel and I'm sure I'm not the only one with such opinion. 

520 posts
11,127 battles

CVs are like force multipliers in the game.  I hate being targeted by a really good CV Player, hence i put great importance in the AA build of my ships.  But sometimes, no matter what I do,  for CV players know to prioritize front line capping DDS, im half HP 1st 5 mins into the game.  It gets really frustrating when home team CV is not performing up to par with the enemy CV.

980 posts
12,617 battles

Yesterday in my Gremy, we were down to a few players left either side, and I had the opportunity to win the game with two solo caps. But I could only do it if my CV sent me fighter cover against the enemy CVs. 

But the friendly CV kept his fighters over his own hiryu, engaging nothing, while I was subjected to wave after wave of torpedo and dive bombing from the enemy HiryuI. I called for help on F8 repeatedly, the carrier acknowledge using F5, but no help ever came. The friendly hiryu spent the entire game trying to bomb the enemy Texas and Atlanta div without success (obviously). 

This is the only situation where I would call out the CV in chat for poor play. It is absolutely rage inducing and a TIER SEVEN carrier player should know better. 

Edited by LordTyphoon

[AUSNZ]
[AUSNZ]
Super Tester
1,039 posts
7,702 battles

I like the balance CVs bring. Be it good, bad or equal. They teach players to work closer together or be punished for sailing off yolo.

I don't blame CVs often as im playing up the tiers for CVs it can be difficult in some games due not only to the opposing CV skill but the enemy ships layout and formations.

[LNA]
1,659 posts
10,430 battles

I like the balance CVs bring. Be it good, bad or equal. They teach players to work closer together or be punished for sailing off yolo.

I don't blame CVs often as im playing up the tiers for CVs it can be difficult in some games due not only to the opposing CV skill but the enemy ships layout and formations.

Ever heard of Mission Impossible? Playing high tier cv is like that where everything work against u. There are games where u are there but not there like a ghost and ppl don t even care if it is so cause you cant attack them if they are in a stack of doom and if they have good AA after u have somehow pass their FT.

Also look at the chat and see a FU message for deleting 1-2 dd 3 min from game start. High tier cv no longer hold huge influence like they used to on tier 8 and below. They still , if mm is kind to them.

If u meet 2 top tier X AA cruisers u might as well not be in that game

[APS]
80 posts
6,412 battles

I like dodging CVs planes, and shooting planes - these need CVs

Edited by Aeek

Beta Tester
358 posts
7,415 battles

No disrespect to anyone, but for me, games are lot more enjoyable without CV presence. The skill gap among CV players are massive and it is not even fun for the team who is handicapped by lower skilled CV player. I am sorry but I wan't CVs to go extinct. Bash me all you want, but this is how I feel and I'm sure I'm not the only one with such opinion. 

​Yes but the same skill gap can occur in any class. Just yesterday I had a New Mexico spam HE at me whilst I was my Texas, no prizes for guessing how that turned out. Although I have to agree that the skill gap seems most notable within CV's

Super Tester
562 posts
4,462 battles

​Yes but the same skill gap can occur in any class. Just yesterday I had a New Mexico spam HE at me whilst I was my Texas, no prizes for guessing how that turned out. Although I have to agree that the skill gap seems most notable within CV's

​I have to agree. My Tier 5 US BB's (NY and Texas) are more than capable of taking on tier 7 BB's. A higher tiered player doesn't mean anything if you can't angle or use the correct ammo types.

I also have no issue at all with having CV's in game, in fact I prefer it. (Maybe not so much when playing DD's). It makes for a so much more interesting and realistic game. I take most of my ships with an AA spec, especially as higher tiers simply because of the ranges the games played at generally makes hydro a waste just as much as AA. The difference being I can WASD ship torp's, but against a good CV you really need the DFAA and any captains skills that may help.

I'd also like to see land based planes being used against both teams (using bots) as well for even more realism on maps which has air bases. Neighbours is a good example here as there is a base in the middle of the map. Who ever gets the base first gets the planes to assist.

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,557 battles

if the CV on the team is bad, there is a very high chance that your BBs/DDs will get crippled at the beginning of the match, and that's never conductive to the team, the reason that people blame the CVs at the end is because since there are only a few sips left including (what kind of dumb ass CV dost survive till the end) the CVs, so the badly done strikes/strafes done will be much more noticeable

1,340 posts
8,832 battles

I think I am one of the few players who loves CVs, even when playing surface ships. I just love it when enemy planes fly overhead and my AA guns start blazing.

As for why people like to blame CVs, it is because CVs are very influential on the match. And it doesn't help that many players don't even play CVs, so they don't know what CVs can or cannot do.

Thus they tend to overestimate the capabilities of CVs and blame them whenever things go wrong.

Just yesterday I had a teammate chastising our bottom-tier Shokaku because she wouldnt strike a clumped up group of high AA ships covered by an AS Lexington. If they had played CVs, they wouldn't have done that.

This is why I advocate playing all ship and nations.

Super Tester
7,539 posts
7,978 battles

As for why people like to blame CVs, it is because CVs are very influential on the match. And it doesn't help that many players don't even play CVs, so they don't know what CVs can or cannot do. 

That's a lame excuse to be honest given by many CV players. Yes I don't play CV, but I played 3k games. You want to say I wouldn't know what CVs can do and can't? Also people will blame you for failing to protect them, specially against the first enemy strike.

Now CV players come up with their 2nd stage of lame excuse "I cannot be everywhere!". Ahha, you good sir don't need to be everywhere cause enemy strike cannot be everywhere. You just need to be where his strike packages are. Defending the first strike is a huge blow to enemy CV.

It's understandable if you don't have fighters, like playing usn strike, or you tried but couldn't do it. But I will blame you (in music mind off, cause I don't write in chat anymore) and possibly report you for bad plays if you have fighters and don't even try to defend first enemy strike.

Beta Tester
733 posts
3,155 battles

If you're using a premium CV (Kaga especially) and play like an idiot who don't know how to play CV (camping in corner of the map, auto-drop and hover your Fighters above your own CV instead of sending them out to intercept enemy bombers), I'll check your profile/stats when i'm already sunk and if i see that you just use your money to buy a premium CV without prior experiences in any T6 CVs above, you'll get report from me.

Super Tester
1,056 posts
8,991 battles

That's a lame excuse to be honest given by many CV players. Yes I don't play CV, but I played 3k games. You want to say I wouldn't know what CVs can do and can't? Also people will blame you for failing to protect them, specially against the first enemy strike.

Now CV players come up with their 2nd stage of lame excuse "I cannot be everywhere!". Ahha, you good sir don't need to be everywhere cause enemy strike cannot be everywhere. You just need to be where his strike packages are. Defending the first strike is a huge blow to enemy CV.

It's understandable if you don't have fighters, like playing usn strike, or you tried but couldn't do it. But I will blame you (in music mind off, cause I don't write in chat anymore) and possibly report you for bad plays if you have fighters and don't even try to defend first enemy strike.

You have faced being shat on by CVs, but honestly speaking, defending vs a strike is a bit more complex than just "being there". Can you say with confidence that you can expect your CV to always strike where the enemy has no fighters while at the same time being able to defend vs his first strike (assuming idential balanced/strike loadouts)? That requires a VERY good CV captain, one that is quite rare unless you always div up with unicums. Try playing CVs past T5 and tell me how easy it is to "not be everywhere" and "just need to be where his strike packages are.", considering how people have a stupid tendency to peel off from the group. 

Face it, you cannot do literally everything (unless you feel like playing God). If someone on your team gets shat on by the enemy CV due to their incompetence (usually mispositioning/bad decisions), its on them, NOT the CV. I'd rather stick my neck out protecting the cohesive group rather than the idiotic non-AA cruiser going alone doing whatever he wants (unless its his job).

I never expect my allied CV to be a unicum, I just need him to not be a complete idiot (AS loadout, do your damn job and goalkeep properly, I dont need you to deal damage, thats our job)